Aqua Class Perks Gone?

woodards

We have cruised in aqua class four times and always received the perks of concierge and below as well as the extras of aqua class.

I'm reading more about cuts and wondered if any one can help with these two questions for our Silhouette cruise at the end of September.

Do you still get a bottle of sparkling wine on embarkation?

Do you get canapés each evening?

We've always had these and I think we booked our trip with these perks in the description but now they have gone from the website.

We have cruised in aqua class four times and always received the perks of concierge and below as well as the extras of aqua class.

I'm reading more about cuts and wondered if any one can help with these two questions for our Silhouette cruise at the end of September.

We've always had these and I think we booked our trip with these perks in the description but now they have gone from the website.

From what I've read only the Nightly Turndown Chocolates are gone shipwide (replaced by a Chocolate Covered Oreo on the First Formal Night)

The QTips & Cotton Balls in the Bathrooms are being phased over from bulk to prepackaged

Cabin Flowers at Concierge and above are hit or miss. Canapés at this level seem to be the same... With some Cruisers reporting that you have to fill out a form to ensure they are delivered each day... Or be in your cabin. And the Fruit Bowls now seem to have been replaced by 3 Green Apples (replenished when needed ? ). Umbrellas & the Mini Binoculars have to be asked for... Which was also the case for us on a previous cruise.

Same with the Ice Buckets / Wine Chillers... Where in the past they stayed around the cabin for one's convenience long after the bottle of Sparkling Wine was drank... They now evidently are removed, you want them back & kept filled with ice you have to ask

Bottled Water & Ice Tea in the Aqua Class Cabins remain... As do by all accounts the rest of the Aqua Class Amenities.

Personally, I think we can live with the changes... Don't necessarily like them all (chocolates gone)... But we will survive on our upcoming Aqua & Concierge cruises.

Cheers!

Yup.

From what I've read only the Nightly Turndown Chocolates are gone shipwide (replaced by a Chocolate Covered Oreo on the First Formal Night)

The QTips & Cotton Balls in the Bathrooms are being phased over from bulk to prepackaged

Cabin Flowers at Concierge and above are hit or miss. Canapés at this level seem to be the same... With some Cruisers reporting that you have to fill out a form to ensure they are delivered each day... Or be in your cabin. And the Fruit Bowls now seem to have been replaced by 3 Green Apples (replenished when needed ? ). Umbrellas & the Mini Binoculars have to be asked for... Which was also the case for us on a previous cruise.

Same with the Ice Buckets / Wine Chillers... Where in the past they stayed around the cabin for one's convenience long after the bottle of Sparkling Wine was drank... They now evidently are removed, you want them back & kept filled with ice you have to ask

Bottled Water & Ice Tea in the Aqua Class Cabins remain... As do by all accounts the rest of the Aqua Class Amenities.

Personally, I think we can live with the changes... Don't necessarily like them all (chocolates gone)... But we will survive on our upcoming Aqua & Concierge cruises.

Cheers!

Our experience in Aqua on 8/31 Summit to Bermuda. No flowers for us, Canapes, fruit, chocolates and q-tip/cotton balls was as stated by SloopJohn-B. Umbrella and binoculars where in cabin, we didn't need to ask. Ice bucket was filled 2x a day. We didn't drink the sparkling wine, and the bucket was filled the first two days, then after that it wasn't. By the 6th day the bucket was gone. We did receive 2 bottles of water everyday, and the carafe of different flavored iced teas,We didn't drink the bottled water. By the end of the cruise we ended up with around 12 bottles of water.

Edited by josie724

Cabin Flowers at Concierge and above are hit or miss. Canapés at this level seem to be the same... With some Cruisers reporting that you have to fill out a form to ensure they are delivered each day... Or be in your cabin.

I am beginning to think that whether or not you get these things depends on your room steward.

And the Fruit Bowls now seem to have been replaced by 3 Green Apples (replenished when needed ? ). Umbrellas & the Mini Binoculars have to be asked for... Which was also the case for us on a previous cruise. (Also dependent on steward.)

Cheers!

The chocolates and cotton ball containers really are gone but all the rest of the amenities seem to be dependent on whether or not you have a good room steward .

If you don't get them on embarkation - ask for them.

The chocolates and cotton ball containers really are gone but all the rest of the amenities seem to be dependent on whether or not you have a good room steward .

If you don't get them on embarkation - ask for them.

Thanks

One of the true perks of CC is being an informed Customer.

You can be certain if we know something is missing / expected we will ask about... Not demand, but definitely inquire.

And as always, after our cruise I will report back as to our findings here on the CC Celebrity Board (pay it forward)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Aqua class is a subset of concierge class with some extras. It is not clear on the website that aqua class get the concierge amenities as well as Blu, etc.

Until about a year ago, the website said that AQ receives all benefits of concierge however it was removed. With that being said no one has reported that any benefits have been reduced. Someone last week reported the comment is in some of the brochures. Chocolates, Q-tips and cotton are not exclusive to cc or AQ.

I was in AQ last week and received everything, champagne, canapés, binoculars and umbrella. All were in our room when we walked in.

Edited by dkjretired

On Millennium this July

We had: flowers complements of captains club

slippers & lip balm

umbrella (2) and binoculars

sparkling wine

fruit (apples)

daily canapés if requested via daily slip

expanded breakfast menu

at least 2 bottles of water daily and daily tea

chocolate covered oreo on 1st formal night

shoe shine

holder for sea pass (which we did not get on 2 previous cruises)

We received, when we requested:

ice bucket filled twice daily

tote bag (the room attendant said they did not get their shipment but he would

see what he could do. about 2 hours later we had one.)

the bottle of champagne we brought on board chilled when requested

We did not have:

container of q-tips & cotton balls (there were small packets available

daily chocolate

Could probably remember more but heading out for the evening.

Mary Lou

On Solstice last week we had sparkling wine, fresh fruit daily, spa bag with slippers & lip balm, binoculars to use, 2 umbrellas to use, flowers, canapés each day (through order form each day), bottled water every day, tea, towel animals 3 times, and chocolates once.

Edited by JanineM

On Solstice last week we had sparkling wine, fresh fruit daily, spa bag with slippers & lip balm, binoculars to use, 2 umbrellas to use, flowers, canapés each day (through order form each day), bottled water every day, tea, towel animals 3 times, and chocolates once.

I am sailing Solstice in 2 week in Aqua class. I was wondering if they required you to be in the room when they delivered the canapés?

Yes, when you board there will be a message in your room that states you must be in your cabin when canapes are delivered. We request cheese and cracker instead and tell our cabin steward everyday whether we will be in the cabin when delivery time comes around. Since we avail ourselves of the Elite cocktail time so we usually don't get them.

Happy Sailing!

I down think that the Q tips and cotton balls were ever listed.

I have always sailed in AQ on X and had to ask about some of the perks listed. The pillow menu was always a joke. The first time in AQ was in 2011. The attendant pointed to the pillows on the sofa and said pick one. I asked about the wellness classes and everyone from the attendant, guest relations, future cruises, and the spa didn't know anything about them.

I have since sailed many times and always had to ask for something that was missing and the attendant would look at us confused, but realized that we knew what we should be getting. He would always have a excuse as it hasnt been loaded on the ship to you get it on formal night and etc. Surprisingly that stuff would be in our cabin that night plus a few more of the same things.

On one cruise we were told they were waiting for the next port to get resupplied. Our friends were in the next cabin and new to X. We purposely didn't let them know about the bag or the attendant know that we were traveling together. After a few days we showed them the bag and asked if they got one. They didn't.

I think the attendants have become Americanlized and do as little as possible and want ever they can get away with.

Comming from a ex union member that seen too many doing as little as possible and were professional goof offs. Look at my signature. :D Proud to admit it and to be a American. Actually when push comes to shove we will take the burden to task and get it done, but we are are no different than the law of physics that energy always seeks a lower level until it eventually comes to rest, until it gets excited or disturbed.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On Equinox in January I did not receive the lip balm so I asked the steward for some and she told me that it was only for suites(which I knew wasn't true). But she brought me some, making a big deal of it that she could get it for me.

Not a big deal but I am a lip balm addict and have joked I only sail Aqua so I can get my supply.

I forgot to add some of my other thoughts and the 15 minute edit passed.

To some it may be trivial but if someone books a cruise in March of this year for a cruise in 2016 with the expectations of the perks listed on the site, opts for the classicdrink pack that is listed and then discovers when they board the ship that Celebrity has changed everything to me it is a breech of contract or promise.

Sure you can cancel the cruise but if you don't know this in advance it would be a big let down, and contrary to many not all passengers are members or follow Cruise Critic to keep up with everything.

The same applies to AQ. Someone reads the discription and books that category only to find that many of the perks have changed or aren't there when on board. They are not getting what they initially paid for.

Happy Cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I forgot to add some of my other thoughts and the 15 minute edit passed.

To some it may be trivial but if someone books a cruise in March of this year for a cruise in 2016 with the expectations of the perks listed on the site, opts for the classicdrink pack that is listed and then discovers when they board the ship that Celebrity has changed everything to me it is a breech of contract or promise.

Sure you can cancel the cruise but if you don't know this in advance it would be a big let down, and contrary to many not all passengers are members or follow Cruise Critic to keep up with everything.

The same applies to AQ. Someone reads the discription and books that category only to find that many of the perks have changed or aren't there when on board. They are not getting what they initially paid for.

Happy Cruising

True enough.

But I will bet that is carefully covered off somewhere in that Celebrity Cruise Contract that we all accept / sign (at least thru consent to use our Credit Card) when we receive that BIG FAT Cruise E-Doc with Final Payment (that almost no one ever prints off or reads)

I am also guessing that unless someone is on CC that they aren't quite as detailed oriented as to take a list of Class Perks with them and double check that everything is as it should be / was promised.

I am thinking that especially when it comes to first timers (to Celebrity or Cruisers) that most just take things as they come... And are wowed by the atmosphere / experience as a whole.

I know on my first cruise that I was in awe for the first few days... Took some time to come down off of cloud 9

I am guessing that I am not alone that way

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Aqua class is a subset of concierge class with some extras. It is not clear on the website that aqua class get the concierge amenities as well as Blu, etc.

I was surprised by this thread as we booked AQ back in Apr for a cruise next near. At the time the website did indicate that AQ got everything that concierge did. I just got off the phone with Celebrity and the lady told me that is no longer the case. She pretty much said you will only get what is on listed on the website under AQ. I guess that means no pre-dinner snacks, fruit, sparkling wine and so on.

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise and will hope for the best.

We always liked the pears so had the apples switched. Got a few handfuls of chocolates from Café al Bacio and placed them in a basket on the night stand if we wanted chocolates, we requested and received ice, sparkling wine was chilled and waiting for us (love that). The canapés are a joke, so we always get a nice plate of fruit, sushi, etc from the buffet for a 'getting ready for dinner' snack, although they will deliver you a fruit platter if you order. We enjoyed our AQ in April and thought it was a great experience.

I was surprised by this thread as we booked AQ back in Apr for a cruise next near. At the time the website did indicate that AQ got everything that concierge did. I just got off the phone with Celebrity and the lady told me that is no longer the case. She pretty much said you will only get what is on listed on the website under AQ. I guess that means no pre-dinner snacks, fruit, sparkling wine and so on.

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise and will hope for the best.

Be advised that Celebrity's customer service on the phone is notorious for giving wrong answers. Go by those who have actually cruised lately and no one has reported any CC or AQ benefits which have been lost. Once again, chocolates, Q tips,etc were benefits to all classes of cabins.

Edited by dkjretired

I believe the new q tips are threadbare so if quality counts bring your own.

I could not find the flowers in the website anymore. I will miss these things, but there was an occasional issue with so little counter space. In my first AQ we had flowers in bathroom and cabin.

I am concerned the El Bacio chocolate will go the way of the peanut m and m's. I used to observe passengers taking bowls back to their cabin, then they were given by staff and then gone. Although I may also see if I can take a few from El Bacio and put on dh's pillow, great idea!

I really miss the nicer shampoo and lip balm etc, that stuff was awesome! Now we get what everyone else gets.

Blu needs to get its food quality more consistent again and then some of this can be overlooked. Otherwise it is like the upper suites are getting more, yet we are all paying a lot more. I am afraid to get the same feeli it will be CS or higher.

Edited by hulamoon

We are looking forward to our AQ1 extended aft balcony on the Connie this coming Feb. It being our second Celebrity cruise and second AQ class we hope it's the same as last March. The flowers and chocolates are not an issue, having great food in Blu, nice bathroom, Persian Gardens and a very attentive cabin steward are what we pay extra for. The bubbly is nice though!

Hope it's as wonderful as our first time in AQ2....