Solo Dining - Steakhouse

CZodda

Hi All! Hope everyone enjoyed this great weekend!

I will be doing a solo cruise on the Splendor at the end of October.

I usually go to the steakhouse the first night of each cruise, but I am usually with a traveling companion. This time it's only me and I feel kind of funny eating in such a great place solo.

To my fellow solo travelers - have you ever visited the steakhouse by yourself? Did you enjoy the experience?

TIA and have a great week ahead!

Chatted briefly with a woman on an excursion and then later in the cruise saw her in the steakhouse alone. As I got up to ask her to join us another lady, closer to her table asked her. Who knows maybe someone will ask you. I promise if someone asks they really do want you to join them. Enjoy your cruise, go to the steakhouse alone. Who knows what might happen.

My experience mirrors those of the others. Had a wonderful dinner with excellent service once (second time, the stewardess seemed to disappear for too long of a period, thought, however). I also found that it was easy to start a conversation with those in tables near mine if we both so chose to do.

Enjoy it and don't think about not enjoying your dining experience at the Steakhouse!

I had wanted to go to the steakhouse when I went with my daughter (but she was 4, so it was me solo), but wasn't comfortable going alone, despite having no problem eating out alone at home).... I met some great people at the chef's table and they said they were going the next night and invited me along.... Great company :)

Thanks all for the encouraging words! I will definitely go and enjoy the steakhouse.

Have a great week ahead!

Cathy

Definitely go to the steakhouse alone -- it will be wonderful. Last year I went on a cruise with my daughter and her college roommates and needed a break from them, so, off to the steakhouse I went ALONE! This was huge for me--I never go to restaurants alone. It's just so out of my comfort zone. But I can tell you, that experience was so wonderful and I felt so comfortable and I just loved it. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I visited the steakhouse on the Valor in June. I dined alone. It was a good, not great, experience. Long story. If you enjoy a good steak, you'll have a fine time there - solo or not.

I guess it depends on how bad you want that steak. Eating alone is way out of my comfort zone, even locally.

I just don't understand the "out of my comfort zone" stuff. It makes me very sad. :(

I'm not an outgoing person. At all. But I've been single for a very long time and I absolutely am not going to not eat out if I want to eat out! Actually, I'm not going to refrain from doing ANYTHING that interests me simply because I have to do it on my own!

I absolutely couldn't care less what anyone thinks about me being a solo female! They don't know me and I don't know them. None of their business why I'm dining alone.

Anyway...

I ate in the steakhouse on Conquest on the first night last November (and noticed a couple of other tables of solo diners, both male and female).

I just don't understand the "out of my comfort zone" stuff. It makes me very sad. :(

I'm not an outgoing person. At all. But I've been single for a very long time and I absolutely am not going to not eat out if I want to eat out! Actually, I'm not going to refrain from doing ANYTHING that interests me simply because I have to do it on my own!

I absolutely couldn't care less what anyone thinks about me being a solo female! They don't know me and I don't know them. None of their business why I'm dining alone.

Anyway...

I ate in the steakhouse on Conquest on the first night last November (and noticed a couple of other tables of solo diners, both male and female).

You don't understand because you are not one of "us". I see things I wish I could do, but simply cannot. Unexplainable.

Hi All! Hope everyone enjoyed this great weekend!

I will be doing a solo cruise on the Splendor at the end of October.

I usually go to the steakhouse the first night of each cruise, but I am usually with a traveling companion. This time it's only me and I feel kind of funny eating in such a great place solo.

To my fellow solo travelers - have you ever visited the steakhouse by yourself? Did you enjoy the experience?

TIA and have a great week ahead!

Hi, I've never dined by myself in the steakhouse but am seriously considering on the first night on the splendor end of October. No going to pass up the steakhouse just because I'm by myself!

I have cruised solo before, and travelled solo many many times in my previous work, so I am not at all bothered by dining alone, in fact I do enjoy it, and am thankful that I learned early in my adult life to let the worries go, and to get out there and enjoy myself even though I am travelling solo. I have not yet tried the steakhouse on a ship, but am hoping to do so on my upcoming cruise. Cant wait.:)