Favorite MDR dish?

christa

We like the arancini as an appetizer.

Also, the basic tomato sauce is quite good, too. It's in a few dishes.

DW likes the lobster bisque- but don't expect many actual parts of lobster in it.

Edited by alfaeric

Just off the Allure a week ago - MDR Dinner favorites:

Lamb shank

Grilled Salmon - a close second

Cold soups especially strawberry and mango (different nights)

Lasagna for lunch at Giovanni's (specialty restaurant) is exceptional as was everything we tried at Giovanni's.

Loved the tortinelli (sp) with Mars. cheese

All the cold soups. Tandori chicken salad. Beef sliders with that sauce amazing. If you have a Chops steakhouse it is super good exp. the Mississippi mud pie.

Also don't miss the salad bar that they have in the MRD for lunch on sea days.:)

Under the "new" menu I love the pork chop off the "mojo" menu. I think that is the one. I've had it three times and its been good each time. I frequently don't eat Pork Chops in restaurants because are frequently dry. Because of my lap band surgery, dry meat is my enemy. Another food I rarely eat at a restaurant is Lasagna. Most restaurant lasagna seems overloaded with Ricotta cheese and I don't like that. Maybe good lasagna is suppose to be that way, but I don't think so. The RC version is meaty and has a great creamy sauce.

My next favorite meal might be one I have near had. My first cruise, a 7 day one back in 2006 there was a Caribbean themed night. By judging opinions I heard on this forum and from other cruisers, this was the least popular night on 7 day or longer cruises. A lady at our table ordered some sort of Cajun chicken meal and 10 years later I regret not ordering it. It looked wonderful. My next 7 day cruise came in 2008 and that menu was gone.

My favorite is the lamb shank. It matches up to any dish I've had in a specialty restaurant.

Runner up is duck; it can be greasy or dry, duck is tough to get just right, but I enjoy it.

From the classics I like the sliders. Boring choice, but gotta get those steak fries.