Interesting -- Re: Oasis Dry Dock Changes

Cindy

I just received an email for my cruise in Jan of 2106 to book my specialty restaurants now (like I could book those this far out) but what I thought was interesting is they give a list for the restaurants and there is no Solarium Bistro.

Am I looking to close into this or do they just not promote The Solarium Bistro as much as the rest?

Here a screenshot from y phone.

2014-09-17-16-17-44.png

I just received an email for my cruise in Jan of 2106 to book my specialty restaurants now (like I could book those this far out) but what I thought was interesting is they give a list for the restaurants and there is no Solarium Bistro.

Am I looking to close into this or do they just not promote The Solarium Bistro as much as the rest?

Here a screenshot from y phone.

2014-09-17-16-17-44.png

Wow, that's along way off. :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

When I spoke with C&A rep, I was told that, although, the dining room was being changed to get ready for DD, it would not go into affect on Oasis until March 2015.

I wonder how these modifications will affect my Nov 15 2014 sailing even though they wont be implemented until 2015:confused:

I wonder how these modifications will affect my Nov 15 2014 sailing even though they wont be implemented until 2015:confused:

I would guess that they would utilize new venues with existing MDR menus. Coastal Kitchen could be used for brkfst and lunch if existing CL is moved

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sorry if I missed something: How is this going to happen, as Oasis has her dry dock in a few days ... ?

No, in 12 days! Today the second 5 night Med cruise starts out and after that a 7 night from Barcelona to Rotterdam.;)

We were told on the TA that Izumi will move into one of the private dining rooms on deck 4 next to the MDR there. The other private dining room will be converted to a Teppanyaki restaurant (surcharge of course).

A suite restaurant was mentionend onboard but for deck 11 (so far Concierge Lounge) and VCL being transferred into the new Concierge Lounge. Makes more sense than putting the restaurant on deck 17.

They are converting the MDR during dry dock. But until March they will still have the regular MDR menus. By March 2015 they do start with Dynamic Dining.

steamboats

Call me a hidebound traditionalist, but I really, really liked Oasis and Allure just the way they were. The only change I would have made to Oasis is to add the DogHouse feature.

A lot of the new changes seem like a step down to me, especially for those who aren't in suites. I know the cruiseline is looking for more revenue and that is what they are in business to do, but I would have preferred that they do these big changes on new ships and as long as Oasis and Allure are sailing full, keep things pretty much the same for loyal fans such as myself.

If the changes they are making were more geared towards the passenger that can actually AFFORD all the suite perks it would be wonderful.

Sadly, I think most of us cruise folks can't afford the "suite life" and most families that choose to go on a cruise on a ship as big & wonderful as the Oasis don't have the Diamond+ status.

While I am excited about going on the Oasis in just 7 short weeks, I am really wondering if adding more suites, and eliminating the VCL is really worth it in the end.

I guess it's all about the $$$ and the people who can afford to spend MEGA-BUCKS...and not the people who save up and plan & save for a cruise 2 years in advance.

If the changes they are making were more geared towards the passenger that can actually AFFORD all the suite perks it would be wonderful.

Sadly, I think most of us cruise folks can't afford the "suite life" and most families that choose to go on a cruise on a ship as big & wonderful as the Oasis don't have the Diamond+ status.

While I am excited about going on the Oasis in just 7 short weeks, I am really wondering if adding more suites, and eliminating the VCL is really worth it in the end.

I guess it's all about the $$$ and the people who can afford to spend MEGA-BUCKS...and not the people who save up and plan & save for a cruise 2 years in advance.

Great post. Our family has been saving 2 years for this cruise in November. We didn't go anywhere last year. And now I may have to move from my boardwalk balcony cabin to accommodate aqua suites. Think they should have thought many of these changes out when they built this class of ships.

Everybody know's how I feel about what RCI is doing. If they indeed go fleet wide or at least from the Navigator series and up, how single cruisers are going to change cruise lines. I truly love the RCI ships and what they have to offer and I think, but without knowledge of the others, superior of the others. But if they do get rid of the traditional dining is eliminated, I may be forced to abandon my beloved RCI for another, like Celebrity or Princess.

I booked this October westbound translantic on Oasis over 18 months ago in a grand suite based on the current deck plans and CL lounge location. I am not particularly looking forward to a long hike up forward to deck 17 if it is rough and there is no view other than churning seas!

I was very happy with the current ship layout and wanted to experience that.

Changes I would like to see are Doghouse and Rita's Cantina, Margaritaville or something else replacing Donut shop and Seafood Shack.

Other than that the current layout looks fine to me!

I booked this October westbound translantic on Oasis over 18 months ago in a grand suite based on the current deck plans and CL lounge location. I am not particularly looking forward to a long hike up forward to deck 17 if it is rough and there is no view other than churning seas!

I was very happy with the current ship layout and wanted to experience that.

Changes I would like to see are Doghouse and Rita's Cantina, Margaritaville or something else replacing Donut shop and Seafood Shack.

Other than that the current layout looks fine to me!

Changes should be the doghouse and Sabor will be replacing the Seafood Shack. The current VCL is just an elevator ride up to deck 17.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

It sounds strange that they will transform the dining room, but keep the traditional dining until next year. Not sure about the atmosphere...

I wonder about this, too. We are on the Oasis in February. It seems like we would be in one of the dining rooms for traditional dining all week. Likewise for My Time. The only difference is each dining room with have it's own individual décor.

I thought the dining room on the Oasis was very pretty, even elegant. I tell myself to be adaptable and try to enjoy the changes, though. This is happening.

We are in a JS on Quantum and we get to go to Coastal Kitchen so I hope it is the same for Oasis and other ships once they get DD!

According to the RCI website, Coastal Kitchens is available to Junior Suites.

Oops - sounds like I was in error! That is good news!

It sounds strange that they will transform the dining room, but keep the traditional dining until next year. Not sure about the atmosphere...

From what I understand and have been told, they aren't carving up the dining room. On deck 3, a small wing, used primarily for private dining, will be changed to Wonderland. On Deck 4 that will space become Tepanake style restaurant, replacing Izumi. The new DL will be on deck 5 , same spot. Also, MDR level 4 will remain traditional dining. Levels 4 and 5 will be MTD.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

From what I understand and have been told, they aren't carving up the dining room. On deck 3, a small wing, used primarily for private dining, will be changed to Wonderland. On Deck 4 that will space become Tepanake style restaurant, replacing Izumi. The new DL will be on deck 5 , same spot. Also, MDR level 4 will remain traditional dining. Levels 4 and 5 will be MTD.

Royal sent me an email response saying that Deck 3 will be American Icon, Deck 4 will be The Grande, and Deck 5 will be Silk.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser