Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Just received tip from couple on board since Fort Lauderdale -- parade tomorrow about 12 noon? Did you have parade on the 5 nighter Linda?

Yes. Day 5 I believe.

Back on board. Will take GF pizza, freshly made for me at Sorrento's, and coffee to balcony and chill. Have calls home to make.

Currently sat in Studio B waiting for the turnaround process to start. I hadn't realised the MDR would close at 8 and had taken myself on a tour to grab some stateroom pics..... They've now turned the lights off in here so people with reading books are struggling.... Had breakfast in WJ which was fairly civilised as at 830 many passengers have already disembarked.

Am on laptop and uploading the pics from this morning.... I don't usually break into the Blog like this so please forgive me but I wanted to get these pics in asap. Please also bear in mind that the room doors are open because they are being cleaned...... there was one room I was asked to get a pic of but the door was firmly shut and you have a picture of that!

I have to go to Guest Services at some stage this morning..... my paper account arrived this morning..... I'd paid cash last night.... and it states something along the lines that I had elected for RCL to process the conversion.... er..... no I hadn't and actually took a pic of the form at checkin with option A scrubbed out..... not sure if I will pay cash this week or not but want to be sure that if I charge my CC provider will deal with it.... not using a $$ card as in previous cruises....

ETA...... so far they have called people up by row..... I was sat at the back with the laptop on a ledge so amongst the first to be called out. They are taking our seapass cards one by one and then sitting us in a different area. So now we wait for our new cards.

Did they actually take your old sea pass card and not give it back to you? I have aways gotten to keep mine when I have done a B2B.

Edited by breeezy

Pancakes were not good.

Decided to go up to Solarium to check out their offerings. Took pic of MASSIVE queues outside WJ.

In Bistro saw guest eat fruit off large serving spoon with fingers and put spoon back. I made appropriate vocal sounds, grabbed spoon and handed to server behind the counter. She swapped out the whole dish. Grossed me out.

Yeah. They said they would send the old card to the room. They haven't so far.

I have never seen them do that. Hope you get it back! When we did our B2B's we were always given our new card and we had to click ourselves out and then click ourselves back in. We actually left the ship and went into terminal 18.....since you aren't in Florida, I am sure that is why things are so different for you.

Love your review and all your photos, but especially your photos of Rome. I spent a month in Italy in college and 4 of those days in Rome.......thanks for the walk down memory lane!! Nothing has changed since 1979!! LOL

Did they actually take your old sea pass card and not give it back to you? I have aways gotten to keep mine when I have done a B2B.

Sometimes they do that if you are changing staterooms. I think there's a possiblity that the old SeaPass card could still open the old stateroom for some amount of time on turnaround day.

Things start to really heat up... the fresco is erotic..... you have been warned... though my pics aren't that good..... go google....

DSCN1990.jpg

DSCN1991.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

DSCN1993.jpg

I tried a close up on a tile.... it's blurred and actually obscene.... I think... so I deleted it.....

DSCN1996.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Sometimes they do that if you are changing staterooms. I think there's a possiblity that the old SeaPass card could still open the old stateroom for some amount of time on turnaround day.

I have always been allowed to keep my old seapass card and I have changed staterooms everytime I have done a B2B except for one time.

I have always been allowed to keep my old seapass card and I have changed staterooms everytime I have done a B2B except for one time.

Could be something that varies by ship.

We were on an Indy B2B a couple years ago and everyone who was keeping the same stateroom was given new SeaPass cards the night before. Everyone who was changing staterooms had to wait until we were in the terminal during the changeover.

Edited by clarea

Could be something that varies by ship.

We were on an Indy B2B a couple years ago and everyone who was keeping the same stateroom was given new SeaPass cards the night before. Everyone who was changing staterooms had to wait until we were in the terminal during the changeover.

On my Adventure B2B we were given port passes and new seapass cards the day before the turnaround. I have no idea why they didn't do this on Oasis. I had the same room both cruises for both cruises..... that sounds weird....

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg

I've lasted an hour and a quarter in the heat..... outside there are many stalls with souvenirs and places to sit, get free wifi and have food, coffee and / or ice cream etc.

So I do.

10426627_10154637733865352_1937255739884672052_n.jpg?oh=a1e763b43c5703b76964497ced495ed7&oe=54CDDB31&__gda__=1422687438_a6642782c2cce0d2319cbd6a879e63ec

Back in Naples

DSCN2027.jpg

This is a huge terminal..... and they makes sure you walk through the whole thing.... crazy..... we'd exited on the ground floor but they take us on a mini trek on the way back.....

DSCN2028.jpg

Hey, we had same experience-- well saw MDR closed at 0900, went to Windjammer mega queues, so ended up at wipeout cafe. Have idea that windjammer can not cope with numbers on board?

When we were on the Allure we used the interacive signs by the elevators and on the tv in our rooms o determine where to have breakfast and lunch each day. It showed us which venue was full and which was not. We never did have a problem and we were able to try different venues each time. We only ended up in the WJ once. We enjoyed the view sitting outside the Wipeout Cafe and the cooked to order eggs. Near the end of the cruise we discovered the Solarium and the breakfast there was wonderful! Loved the banana pancakes we had there one day.:)

I would have been upset not receiving back my old Seapass card! Those are my refigerator magnets on my back up fridge in the garage. I can see them from every cruise from the very beginning every time I pull into the garage.:)

There might be some sort of new security procedure in place as when I disembarked in the middle of the Legend TA last week they would not let me keep my Seapass, even though I was headed to Reykjavik airport and had no plan to return to the ship and had a clearance form from GS.

That was the first time that ever happened on RCI or any other line as I keep them as a memento.

Find the Central Park gnomes!

Watch at least one sail away from the sun deck all the way forward on deck 14.

Enjoy your trip!

DSCN2036.jpg

MUST try the stuffed sweet peppers at Vintages (with a glass or two of wine)....you can't eat just one;) have a wonderful journey!

DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2047.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg