Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

We never went to Vintages on our Allure cruise. I didn't realize how much food was available! Do hey charge per item of is i just one cover charge? Are they open a lunchtime? Late at night? Thanks.:)

You have to squint at the pics but I have tried to show with each page the price for each dish on that specific page..... it's in a little tab on the outer edge....

Open from 5pm.

I have to go to Guest Services at some stage this morning..... my paper account arrived this morning..... I'd paid cash last night.... and it states something along the lines that I had elected for RCL to process the conversion.... er..... no I hadn't and actually took a pic of the form at checkin with option A scrubbed out..... not sure if I will pay cash this week or not but want to be sure that if I charge my CC provider will deal with it.... not using a $$ card as in previous cruises....

I'm really glad you mentioned that and I will pay attention to it. When RCL does the conversion it can be a bum deal I bet! I've learned the hard way in stores when they can do the conversion and take a fee. I normally wouldn't double check that once I instructed RCL to NOT convert it, but now I definitely will!

When we were on the Allure we used the interacive signs by the elevators and on the tv in our rooms o determine where to have breakfast and lunch each day. It showed us which venue was full and which was not. We never did have a problem and we were able to try different venues each time. We only ended up in the WJ once. We enjoyed the view sitting outside the Wipeout Cafe and the cooked to order eggs. Near the end of the cruise we discovered the Solarium and the breakfast there was wonderful! Loved the banana pancakes we had there one day.:)

I would have been upset not receiving back my old Seapass card! Those are my refigerator magnets on my back up fridge in the garage. I can see them from every cruise from the very beginning every time I pull into the garage.:)

That is a great idea!!

You've given me a new thing to look for! In all the times I have been on Lady O, I have never seen that little boat: SeeYa363!! I will have to hunt for that!!

You are looking lovely as ever in your photo. Thanks for posting that!!

Love Vintages and the ability to use the BOGO coupon there. I had a $36 glass of wine that was the best wine I have ever had.....and I got it for $19 a glass. Hoping it is still on there in a few short weeks when it is my turn to sail on her!

Had dinner in WJ tonight.... I'd checked the boards and the redline was full...... so I went prepared for the worst and actually it was fine..... Just couldn't face the MDR. Had a wonderful couple who shared their table with me and we had a great meal together. I had a gluten fix and subsequent reaction but I really couldn't care less.... was delicious.... butter chicken curry and chicken cacciatore and mashed potato!! I spoke with a lovely sous chef, Oneil, and he brought me 2 GF chocolate mousse....

I've met my neighbours.... Israeli couple with 15 year old twins. Really lovely. They had found their way to my favourite shop in Malaga (as I had) called Desigual, and she too had bought there! I have 2 sweaters ready for autumn / winter.

The ship has shuttle buses for 5 euros return..... there is also a little tourist train for 3 euros per trip and a public bus..... no idea how much that is. I walked. Both ways. Takes half an hour through a lovely modern artisan market.

Caught a nap this afternoon. Room steward, the lovely Tuti, has returned last weeks seapass card to me.

How to make a (GF) Bagel

Open the bagel and inhale..... it smells like no other bread!! It has to be toasted as otherwise it will not taste good.

DSCN2067.jpg

Spread liberally with butter

DSCN2068.jpg

Cover one half with cream cheese

DSCN2069.jpg

Cover cheese with smoked salmon and decorate with onions and capers if so desired. Lemon juice adds tang.

DSCN2070.jpg

Cover the loaded half with the other half and eat.

Repeat.

The MDR chandelier.... seeking new home.....

DSCN2072.jpg

Land ahoy

DSCN2077.jpg

What is the story with the MDR chandelier needing a new home? I've seen it mentioned a couple times. Is it because of dynamic dining renos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. The Captain mentioned it in his talk last week. Looking to around February for those changes to be enacted.

Cover cheese with smoked salmon and decorate with onions and capers if so desired. Lemon juice adds tang.

DSCN2070.jpg

Linda, this is my favourite breakfast! When we go out for our outings off the ship , we always have room service for breakfast, it's the easiest way to do it, and I always scribble on the breakfast hanger that I would like salmon, cream cheese and toasted bagel and they always bring it to me, love it! :)

Anyway, I miss the ship but enjoy reliving it through your photos, have fun!

Sue

Things start to really heat up... the fresco is erotic..... you have been warned... though my pics aren't that good..... go google....

I tried a close up on a tile.... it's blurred and actually obscene.... I think... so I deleted it.....

]

What about the "sign" at the entrance :eek:

They told us the "menu" was pictorial due to the number of different languages spoken by their clientele :D

What about the "sign" at the entrance :eek:

They told us the "menu" was pictorial due to the number of different languages spoken by their clientele :D

So much has been lost..... in translation? ;)

DSCN2121.jpg

DSCN2122.jpg

Someone asked, somewhere on the boards, about 'Sports Book'

DSCN2123.jpg