Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Be sure to also wear the knee and elbow pads.

I'm not sure that I'll actually get that far..... I have a thing about ice..... my right hip has been replaced twice..... initially broke it slipping on ice many years ago... I've ridden horses.... just never wore ice skates since.... maybe this is another wall to climb.... or maybe not.... will see....

I'm not sure that I'll actually get that far..... I have a thing about ice..... my right hip has been replaced twice..... initially broke it slipping on ice many years ago... I've ridden horses.... just never wore ice skates since.... maybe this is another wall to climb.... or maybe not.... will see....

Seriously, I don't think it's worth the risk. After all, you did the zipline. Ice skating would be anti-climactic.

Seriously, I don't think it's worth the risk. After all, you did the zipline. Ice skating would be anti-climactic.

I think there might be more danger for me to go to the Donut place and OD on sugar and gluten!! I had a sugar free gluten free cupcake tonight..... what's the point? Lol.

Emmy......there was champagne, mimosas and punch..... the horn sounded loads.... We were overlooked by people standing up on Deck and looking through the (Solarium?) windows. Drew had everyone bend down and touch their toes and wave (except me..... I took pics) and as they did the horn sounded off!! Many balloons were sent flying from the pier (B..... they were red!!) There was the sound of fireworks from along the coast..... you'd hear them then see the smoke.... occasionally you'd be looking in the right direction at the right time to see the flash. Beatles music was played on the helipad and a Dreamworks character danced around. The quay was lined with people and the water surrounding us was full of little boats that had to be shoo-ed away by the local water patrol or whatever they're called. Infinity had arrived at around noon and they left after us. There were crowds near where she was berthed who were watching us. The sunset was spectacular.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I think there might be more danger for me to go to the Donut place and OD on sugar and gluten!! I had a sugar free gluten free cupcake tonight..... what's the point? Lol.

Emmy......there was champagne, mimosas and punch..... the horn sounded loads.... We were overlooked by people standing up on Deck and looking through the (Solarium?) windows. Drew had everyone bend down and touch their toes and wave (except me..... I took pics) and as they did the horn sounded off!! Many balloons were sent flying from the pier (B..... they were red!!) There was the sound of fireworks from along the coast..... you'd hear them then see the smoke.... occasionally you'd be looking in the right direction at the right time to see the flash. Beatles music was played on the helipad and a Dreamworks character danced around. The quay was lined with people and the water surrounding us was full of little boats that had to be shoo-ed away by the local water patrol or whatever they're called. Infinity had arrived at around noon and they left after us. There were crowds near where she was berthed who were watching us. The sunset was spectacular.

Thank you for being my eyes and ears during sail away. You could see the small boats. I can only imagine the atmostphere on that helipad as you sailed away. A wonderful memory for sure :)

Sincerely admiring your most graceful stance! It's a really quick ride. Congrats on taking the plunge.

Thanks..... was trying to channel Peter Pan. :eek:

Back from my walk..... we're in the Bay of Biscay and if I was missing the motion of the ocean last cruise I'm not now. Sun is gone and it's grey out there.

Quandary...... 3pm.... Splish Splash or first rehearsal for Flash Mob.... ;)

Missing my personal trainer..... this is Colin.....

31488_10150191123335352_1966166_n.jpg?oh=fd295b29183683a8483516b46b8488bc&oe=54C4D5DA&__gda__=1422328835_e6bf09131f2246b0dfbe76d2b3794ff1

Edited by NorbertsNiece

According to the Compass the gangways to exit the ship were to change during our stay due to tidal fluctuations : Deck 2 until approximately 10am, deck 5 until 4pm and deck 2 from 4pm - 6pm

This is steep

DSCN2464.jpg

DSCN2465.jpg

You disembark right in town next to a mall.....

DSCN2466.jpg

DSCN2467.jpg

DSCN2468.jpg

DSCN2469.jpg

A CC friend has told me about the department store someone has mentioned here previously, El Corte Ingles, and advises me to head uphill. Armed with a map that was given out in the terminal I follow his advice. I do enjoy following my feet. Taking pics on my way up helps me to find my way down!

A yummy cake shop.

DSCN2476.jpg

DSCN2478.jpg

El Sireno : The stainless steel mermaid.

DSCN2479.jpg

The pedestrianised 'down town'

DSCN2480.jpg

I thought I was behind another street performer

DSCN2481.jpg

I wasn't

DSCN2482.jpg

I went, with socks in pocket, and watched. Lennart is an expert! The rink is full, all ages and abilities.... see many fall.... that does it for me really..... not about to risk a dislocation.....

Went to the Flashmob rehearsal; hardly a surprise as it's held outside Cafe Promenade and the teacher is wearing a headset and she can be heard along the length of the prom as well as the music..... I walk away.... heading to Splish Splash now and maybe a dance class in Dazzles after....

My haul. I think I have a problem. At least my daughters do..... mind you I have gifts for them in here.....

1922150_10154658004765352_8810330860003190268_n.jpg?oh=6f2e757ce33711e9b88870ebb0987bce&oe=54894ED6&__gda__=1422157405_bd8ce67c20e3a302fa5367a18244f703

I didn't ask for the cheese plate..... left the crackers forced myself to eat the cheese..... chuckle.

DSCN2515.jpg

There are many little and not so little craft passing by..... many wave and call up to us....

DSCN2518.jpg

DSCN2520.jpg

These guys patrol continually to ensure other vessels don't get too close

DSCN2519.jpg

I went, with socks in pocket, and watched. Lennart is an expert! The rink is full, all ages and abilities.... see many fall.... that does it for me really..... not about to risk a dislocation.....

Went to the Flashmob rehearsal; hardly a surprise as it's held outside Cafe Promenade and the teacher is wearing a headset and she can be heard along the length of the prom as well as the music..... I walk away.... heading to Splish Splash now and maybe a dance class in Dazzles after....

Good decision re: ice skating.:)

'Splish Splash' cancelled due to weather..... rescheduled for tomorrow.... went to dance class..... they are doing the hand jive..... I was doing the hand jive before the teacher was born..... had Bjorn been there would have stayed as he is a hoot!!

--------------------

A little class appears...... they are pulled in by their teacher and are then let loose.... their happy noises fill the air.....

DSCN2522.jpg

Wannabe stowaways?

DSCN2524.jpg

DSCN2525.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

The noise THESE guys were making was less pleasant on the ear...

DSCN2528.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg