Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Good review. I was on the cruise there as well getting off in Rotterdam.

Good to see you could avail of the wifi. I got the unlimited package for the week to use on my iPhone and thought it was pathetic.

It was ok for checking emails and Whatsapp, but if I ever needed Facebook or to watch a video someone sent me it was hopeless. SnapChat and YouTube were almost non usable the whole time.

For the price I paid I was hoping for a decent signal. I know we were on the ocean a lot of the time but then they should have priced it accordingly!

I agree with what you said about the restaurant avilability, a few times we checked and it had the Windjammer or Park Cafe as 'red' and they weren't even half full. Loved the Kummelweck and the Cuban paninis in Park Cafe.

DSCN2771.jpg

Incredibly well organised..... and my case was first in line.....

Some people have to have their luggage scanned..... I just get waved through.... no passport control.....

According to Dutch newspaper there were 20,000 items of luggage to handle

Linda,

when you got off in Rotterdam did you have on a top that was white with some black going thru it, and was you large suitcase black with a rainbow strap around it.?

No.... I was wearing my pink Alaska hoodie with black jeans and my suitcase is shiny red :D

Erik and Lennart heading for their transfer

We did an excursion combined with an airport transfer.

We visited one of these during our excursion:

20140930-01.jpg

After that we had six hours wait in Schiphol before our flight back to Sweden. Glad we found a lounge with some food and free wifi for our wait.

The first day of the second cruise (Sept 23) I found this sign just outside of the Loyalty Ambassadors place:

Itinerary.jpg

It must have been the fastest transatlantic cruise ever, only one sea day between Fort Lauderdale and Malaga... :D

Linda, it was great meeting you!

We ran into you almost everywhere onboard.

Hope to see you on another cruise in the future! What about Celebrity Equinox in the Caribbean in March 4, 2016 (already booked)??? :D

/Erik

Which video Ron?

I was looking thru youtube and there was someone from Rotterdam that

came down and was video tapping the Oasis and I was sure someone looking like you flashed thru one part of his video. It was more of a side and back shot, but I was thinking it could have been you.

Find the "secret spot" on Deck 5 aft.......you have to enter the track and do a little walking to the back of the ship to find it!! It is an awesome view!! Can't wait to see YOUR photo here!

10246500_10152510495641189_1648644794780673362_n.jpg?oh=43c604c43c7c6d72e30e61f522ddc785&oe=54832D73&__gda__=1419254373_7e1d07e57542b30baff8f05da6d02753

Its funny to find out this is a secret spot.I guess most people dont exercise on vacation because I saw this spot on day one of our cruise.But I run everyday so thats why I guess.

The first day of the second cruise (Sept 23) I found this sign just outside of the Loyalty Ambassadors place:

Itinerary.jpg

It must have been the fastest transatlantic cruise ever, only one sea day between Fort Lauderdale and Malaga... :D

Linda, it was great meeting you!

We ran into you almost everywhere onboard.

Hope to see you on another cruise in the future! What about Celebrity Equinox in the Caribbean in March 4, 2016 (already booked)??? :D

/Erik

That's so funny!!

Feb 2016 I am on Solstice, New Zealand / Australia.... sorry :(

When you get the chance can you send me the large pic of me with the Oasis sign behind on the zipline please x

Thank you so much for your day to day experiences ... I know that required a lot of your time! Very much appreciated! Your pictures were wonderful and provided lots of memory jogs as well as anticipation for our turn on the Oasis next month.

Thank you so much for your day to day experiences ... I know that required a lot of your time! Very much appreciated! Your pictures were wonderful and provided lots of memory jogs as well as anticipation for our turn on the Oasis next month.

I've been very touched by all the supportive comments here..... I really enjoy writing the blog, making contact off the ship and I appreciate your feedback. A friend just post posted this video of Oasis in Rotterdam.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlOEj1gPjeo#t=370

Finally had a moment to finish catching up on your thread! Thanks so much for posting all the photos from leaving our beloved Lady O! I now have a better idea of what will happen on Oct 14 when I get to embark on a new adventure on her myself!....I gigled when I saw that you left your old boa behind!! Love that shot as well.

I've been very touched by all the supportive comments here..... I really enjoy writing the blog, making contact off the ship and I appreciate your feedback. A friend just post posted this video of Oasis in Rotterdam.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlOEj1gPjeo#t=370

Linda, I can only follow the other readers of your cruise blog. Wished I had the chance reading it during the cruise. At certain moments I had the same view of things, and in the future I prefer smaller vessels, but certain places have been very pleasant, like sitting at the end of Deck 5, looking into the waves. Do you have a contact adress of Jan and Helga (Kuddeldaddeldu), because Im want to thank them for preparing the information about the building yard. Also I was disapointed about the dealing with the meet and mingle, because on Splendour oft he Seas weh ad been offered the Viking Crown Lounge with more representatives of the officers and a reasonable catering. Im sorry not to come in time to the MDR for lunch, but we found out that the opening times for lunch in MDR had to be followed as early as possible. Many thanks for your organisation and for your information by your blog. It was nice to meet you there.

Panama from Bremen, Germany

Linda, I can only follow the other readers of your cruise blog. Wished I had the chance reading it during the cruise. At certain moments I had the same view of things, and in the future I prefer smaller vessels, but certain places have been very pleasant, like sitting at the end of Deck 5, looking into the waves. Do you have a contact adress of Jan and Helga (Kuddeldaddeldu), because Im want to thank them for preparing the information about the building yard. Also I was disapointed about the dealing with the meet and mingle, because on Splendour oft he Seas weh ad been offered the Viking Crown Lounge with more representatives of the officers and a reasonable catering. Im sorry not to come in time to the MDR for lunch, but we found out that the opening times for lunch in MDR had to be followed as early as possible. Many thanks for your organisation and for your information by your blog. It was nice to meet you there.

Panama from Bremen, Germany

Hi :D

Meet & Mingles vary so much from ship to ship. I thought Michele did a good job..... my nerves kicked in; I could have arranged some 'mingling'. Being on 2 decks was definitely a problem as I had no idea how many people were seated upstairs. We were definitely time constrained where crew members were concerned.

May I suggest you post something on the roll call to contact Jan. Such an interesting fellow cruiser.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

That's so funny!!

Feb 2016 I am on Solstice, New Zealand / Australia.... sorry :(

When you get the chance can you send me the large pic of me with the Oasis sign behind on the zipline please x

Linda, no need to be sorry for a cruise! :D

Another time maybe.

I will send some pics to you as soon as I have them sorted out. So much to do back home right now. I need to have some extra vacation! :D

/Erik