Seapass Account

TandK0826

Question about the seapass account. When you get on board do you have to put a deposit down on the account or do you pay at the end of the cruise? If you pay at the end of the cruise, does anyone know if you can pay half of it with cash and the other half on credit card or do they prefer the payment be made with either cash or credit and not both.

Question about the seapass account. When you get on board do you have to put a deposit down on the account or do you pay at the end of the cruise? .

If you have a cash account, they will let you charge up to 500.00 on a 7 night cruise before asking you to pay it down. You can pay it in cash or credit card or both

Edited by ryano

If you have a cash account, they will let you charge up to 500.00 on a 7 night cruise before asking you to pay it down. You can pay it in cash or credit card or both

So, if you pay down the $500, then it just starts all over again to the next $500 or at the point do you have to put a deposit down?

When you board, it's easiest to give a credit card.....

Sigh. What is "easiest" to you may or may NOT be "easiest" for others. The way you post around here with such exacts and how everything is YOUR way or no way absolutely blows me away. :rolleyes:

I know you wont reply to my post though.

So, if you pay down the $500, then it just starts all over again to the next $500

I would think that is the way it works :) I have never went over the 500.00 limit though :)

On cash accounts, your Seapass card will be available for immediate use without a deposit though. I dont think a lot of people know that!

They will let you go to $500 again before they ask for more money.

Ole Clarea, I just knew I would get a response from you ;) Can always count on a true and correct answer from you!!! Thanks for the response!

Edited by TandK0826

Sigh. What is "easiest" to you may or may NOT be "easiest" for others. The way you post around here with such exacts and how everything is YOUR way or no way absolutely blows me away. :rolleyes:

Funny, I was thinking the EXACT same thing but did not want to start something on here. That would NOT be the easiest for me, hence the reason for my post. I am going to be using cash and credit card (if need be) so that is why I was trying to figure it all out!

I always thought if you were not using a credit card you had to put a certain amount of cash up front and when that ran out you had to put more in the account.

I know years ago when I was much younger I used cash on a carnival cruise and it had to be put up front.

I always thought if you were not using a credit card you had to put a certain amount of cash up front and when that ran out you had to put more in the account.

I know years ago when I was much younger I used cash on a carnival cruise and it had to be put up front.

That may have been the case years ago, but not in recent years. Now you can specify a cash account and not put anything down up front. This is good for debit card users because they can pay off the account at the end of the cruise with a debit card, and not incur any holds that can occur when the account is initially secured with a debit card.

Not wanting to dispute what you are saying Bob, but i was on the phone with RCCL just minutes ago about another cruise and I posed the question to the young lady. She told me you absolutely have to put money down up front if not using a credit card.

Not wanting to dispute what you are saying Bob, but i was on the phone with RCCL just minutes ago about another cruise and I posed the question to the young lady. She told me you absolutely have to put money down up front if not using a credit card.

It wont be the first time nor the last time some random CSR that answers the phone give out false information.

I have yet to put down a deposit upon boarding with a cash account. I always pre purchase OBC through Gifts and Gear and the credit shows up on day two. My seapass is immediately available to use upon boarding without a deposit required.

Many people have reported being able to charge up to 500.00 on a 7 night cruise with a cash account before being asked to come pay it down :)

Edited by ryano

And if you call back 3 more times you will most likely get 3 completely different answer's....RCI's phone reps are not known for their accuracy...:p

I frequently cruise using a cash account, and they ask you to pay on it when you hit $500. It help me stay within my budget, I can get stupid when I use a credit card and I regret it later.

That may have been the case years ago, but not in recent years. Now you can specify a cash account and not put anything down up front. This is good for debit card users because they can pay off the account at the end of the cruise with a debit card, and not incur any holds that can occur when the account is initially secured with a debit card.

I have always added a credit card but will be sailing with friends soon who don't have credit cards. Am I correct in thinking they can pay by debit card instead of cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always added a credit card but will be sailing with friends soon who don't have credit cards. Am I correct in thinking they can pay by debit card instead of cash?

Yes, Royal accepts debit cards. However, to avoid potential holds on their funds, I would have them consider opting for a cash account, and using the debit card on the last night to pay off the account.

I believe using a debit card would be similar to anywhere else you use one, they will take an amount and put a hold on it and they won't be able to use that money, even if they haven't spent that much. It usually takes a few days, depending on the bank, until it is released.

As long as they have enough money in the account it should not be an issue

I believe using a debit card would be similar to anywhere else you use one, they will take an amount and put a hold on it and they won't be able to use that money, even if they haven't spent that much. It usually takes a few days, depending on the bank, until it is released.

As long as they have enough money in the account it should not be an issue

Several people with knowledge of how financial institutions process debit cards have explained the process here before, and I cannot remember the details, except that it varies by financial institution.

Some people report no holds at all.

Some people report holds equal to the amount charged.

Some people report holds that are double the amount charged, which could cause a serious problem.

Edited by clarea

It's nice to see the CC enforcers are out in full force today.

But maybe the people with more cruise experience should help with the questions

Just a though....

What we do is give a cc number and go to Guest Services periodically throughout the cruise and pay it off with cash so it never hits the card. I don't know if that works for you. To answer your original question, I believe you can do what you are saying.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

So, I called to ask if we can bring travel steamers on board and was told no. I asked again about the seapass account and they told me that you have to put a deposit down for cash accounts. From what everyone is saying, it does not seem you have to until you reach 500 then you go up and pay. So confusing and getting different information from different sources

So, I called to ask if we can bring travel steamers on board and was told no. I asked again about the seapass account and they told me that you have to put a deposit down for cash accounts. From what everyone is saying, it does not seem you have to until you reach 500 then you go up and pay. So confusing and getting different information from different sources

Welcome to Royal Caribbean!:);)