BOGOHO Sale Extended Again!!!!

socialsea

Agree with you Gina. I finally found a reasonable price ($1278) for a JS on Oasis during BOGOHO1, so booked it.

Which is the price it should have been before they started the BOGOHO. I always considered that a premium price for a caribbean cruise but would be willing to pay it for the big ship experience. On top of that we pay for specialty dining on the big ones. Out of 21 days on OA, we've eaten in the MDR one night.

I've even gotten Alaska cruises in a JS in the recent past for around $1250pp and they are usually priced higher than OA. Pre - BOGOHO of course.

Cruise shopping has become so hard and even confusing at times. I've basically stopped shopping. :(

We never found a JS we were willing to pay for on our upcoming AL cruise so 2 Central park view balconies is what we settled for, both for less than the individual pp price of a JS.

We like trees! :)

Gina

Edited by mommabean

...Cruise shopping has become so hard and even confusing at times. I've basically stopped shopping. :(...

I certainly agree with this. I may have to stop booking cruises in advance until we move to Florida, where we will be better able to take cruises on short notice. With the crazy "sale" BS going on all the time, and the way they decimated the NC certificate, there are very few cruises I'm willing to book in advance now.

I certainly agree with this. I may have to stop booking cruises in advance until we move to Florida, where we will be better able to take cruises on short notice. With the crazy "sale" BS going on all the time, and the way they decimated the NC certificate, there are very few cruises I'm willing to book in advance now.

Come on down:D

Like others we did good first day of BOGOHO and have a few things booked into early 2016. Now it will be most likely last minute, or after final payment cruises for us now.

Edited by molly361

What's odd is when I do a mock booking for Freedom leaving April 12th, the inside cabin is priced between $636-$836. Yet, when I go through the whole thing and check out the summary, each person's price jumps to $929 plus tax and fees! LOL Do they really think we are that dumb to not notice those inflated prices? It "should" read $636 for guest #1, and then $318 for guest #2.

Am I wrong with this thought process?!

Just received an e-mail from Royal Caribbean stating "3 ways to save" sale is being extended till October 1, 2014. Come on RCCL, enough already. I couldn't wait till September 15, when the sale was suppose to be done, to see if the prices were any cheaper. Now I have to wait till October 1st. I sure don't see any deals out there under this promotion.

Under the bogoho sale a B1 on the oasis nov 29 cruise was $1300pp. On the 15th the price was $1700pp which also was the final payment date for our cruise.

On the 16th of September the day after final payment the prices dropped to $899pp.

Some sale:rolleyes:

Bill

What I find most amusing is that the Oasis JS for 8/15 I booked back in July under BOGOHO for just over $5k, is now over $7500. They've jacked up the base price per person up so much, now it's like the sale that really isn't a sale at all.
most of these bogo deals are just smoke in mirrors.Still the same price as before if not more.But unknowing people jump on them cuz they dont know.

Just received an e-mail from Royal Caribbean stating "3 ways to save" sale is being extended till October 1, 2014. Come on RCCL, enough already. I couldn't wait till September 15, when the sale was suppose to be done, to see if the prices were any cheaper. Now I have to wait till October 1st. I sure don't see any deals out there under this promotion.

Blast. enough already.:(:(

Where are you seeing that? I just did a fake booking and it showed a JS on Aug 15 for $1999 pp. :confused:

I just did it and it shows me $2774pp for a JS using BOGOHO. Maybe they are giving us all different prices. :eek:

They claim the regular price is $3699pp for a JS. Like anyone in their right mind would ever pay that much pp for a JS. I wouldn't pay half that much oo for a JS. So obviously there's no chance I'd pay the current $2774 pp. I wouldn't even pay your $1999 pp. Not a chance. That's far too much for a JS on OA or AL for a week.

Gina

I should clarify there are 3 of us in the cabin, myself and my 2 kids. I just priced it again - I'm getting $3859pp, with $1930 off the 2nd guest, and the 3rd guest for $1399. Add $119.98pp for taxes/port fees for a grand total of $7546.64 :eek:

What's odd is when I do a mock booking for Freedom leaving April 12th, the inside cabin is priced between $636-$836. Yet, when I go through the whole thing and check out the summary, each person's price jumps to $929 plus tax and fees! LOL Do they really think we are that dumb to not notice those inflated prices? It "should" read $636 for guest #1, and then $318 for guest #2.

Am I wrong with this thought process?!

I think on the left hand panel where you pick your room type they are averaging the first and second person, but in the summary of charges they break it down.

I don't even think these are actually sales anymore - this is just how RCCI advertises the cruises now.

I have just been watching one cruise - the one we are taking next year - and the prices keep going up. I just don't think it is a "sale" when the prices keep getting increased - never going down.

Back in the Spring I had already checked prices on a cruise just before the first BOGO came out.

During the first few days of the first sale the prices weren't inflated that much so I went ahead and booked a June 2015 cruise (two cabins) for my family.

I think I must have hit it just right because the last time I checked those same cabins would have cost me a total of $2500 more even WITH the BOGO sale......:eek:.

Guess I just got lucky.......:p

If you found a good price for a flight to the port, but you wanted to wait to book the cruise until the sale to be over, would you book the flight anyways??

This is exactly what we've done in the past and plan to do again next year. It's a great way to save on a cruise. We have faired well doing this and have gotten great cabins.

:p

If we booked with this sale and prices go down, can we take advantage of that? It would be for a cruise June 2015, so plenty of time before final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes but they will re-price the entire reservation and the BOGOHO will come off. That is as long as it is before final payment

I do realize they raise prices during sales like this, but with our family of 5 we still got a great deal. Since we booked a panoramic family oceanview all 3 of our children were free. Worked out well for us!

Outstanding choice for your family. Those cabins are gorgeous!

I don't even think these are actually sales anymore - this is just how RCCI advertises the cruises now.

I have just been watching one cruise - the one we are taking next year - and the prices keep going up. I just don't think it is a "sale" when the prices keep getting increased - never going down.

Agree with you :(:( .

I agree this is non sense. We booked on the first day of the BOGO sale in May. We booked a D1 on Adventure of the Seas, June 27 sailing. We paid $2107 for 2 people including taxes and fees. So that equals us paying about $997 per person which isn't too bad for a cruise from San Juan although I've seen it lower at times.

Now that price is $3396 including taxes and fees. They are claiming the price is $2189 per person and then the 2nd person is half off. That is a joke. When has a cruise from San Juan EVER cost $2189 per person for a balcony cabin? Never. Ever.