Connecting Cabins

capecruzer

While looking to see what cabins are still available on the Constellation for our upcoming trip, I realized that we are in a connecting cabin. Hopefully this is not a noise issue? Has anyone had a problem? I suppose I can always call and move our cabin, probably cost a little $$ but maybe worth it.

Naturally it depends a lot on your neighbor. We stayed in a connecting cabin on Constellation once and I don't recall any issues but don't think it was soundproofed quite as well as a non-connecting cabin.

if you want to be safe you can switch cabins within the same category for no extra charge. If you change categories then you'll be charged the current price of the category you want to move to less what you've actually paid for your existing cabin. This can work against you if prices have increased or promotions have ended. Some travel agents charge a fee for any changes but Celebrity doesn't and most travel agents do not.

For any cruisers on the S class ships other than Reflection who are reading this: The connecting cabins on those ships work completely differently. There is no doorway in the side wall of the cabin so there is no difference in sound proofing between these and non-connecting cabins.

Edited by Lsimon

We had a connecting cabin on Summit, sister ship to Constellation, and while I didn't notice noise from our neighbors, I did feel conscious of it the whole time and always tried to be extra quiet. I tried to keep the television extra low at night and we did put a towel at the bottom of the connecting door. So it wasn't actually a problem but it was always at the back of my mind.

You never know but for certain, the chances of some noise are more on a connecting cabin, just because the way they are configured.

If you can move at little or no cost, I would. We've had no issues and moderate issues but the possibility is there.

If we find we are in a connecting cabin, and the neighbor is noisy, we just hang some of our clothes on the connecting door, to muffle the sound.

My sister opens her side of the door and stuffs the extra blankets that are always stored on the top shelf of the closet in hotels. Maybe doing the same would work.

• 4 months later...

Update: Never Again. :mad:

We could hear our neighbors coming and going and their television, but that was not a problem. I'm sure they could hear our tv as well, although we did try to keep it low volume in the mornings and we don't watch at night. Our problem was the last 3 nights. Some type of alarm went off around midnight and beeped consistently for about an hour. I assume they were not in their room.

Second to last night again, about 11 pm and again for about an hour and no one in the room. We did our best to "run" into them to alert them that some type of alarm was going off but never in 8 days did we ever see them coming or going. We mentioned it to our room attendant but didn't make a big deal out of it. Big mistake.

Last night, midnite and yes, you guessed it. We assumed it wouldn't be a problem, we could clearly hear them packing up around 10:30 pm when we got back into the room and I guess we just assumed they were in for the night and if the alarm went off, they'd shut it down. Wrong, alarm rang for about an hour again and clearly no one was in the room.

Sure, we should have done something the first night, not sure what but some type of action (front desk, attendant, note on door?) but figured it was a fluke. We definately understand we should have taken the bull by the horns but we got busy and forget until we were crawling into bed the consecutive nights.

For the most part, it would wake us and then we'd put in ear plugs and drown the noise until it stopped.

So lesson learned, no more adjoining rooms! Great cruise otherwise;)