New alcohol policy

JJean

Can we bring on liquor such as lemoncello when we board in Venice for them to hold until the end of the cruise. We want to bring some home as a gift. Is it the same policy in ports. From what I understand they would just destroy it. Has anyone had a recent experience with this.

Can we bring on liquor such as lemoncello when we board in Venice for them to hold until the end of the cruise. We want to bring some home as a gift. Is it the same policy in ports. From what I understand they would just destroy it. Has anyone had a recent experience with this.

If you're bringing it on from a port, just check it at the liquor table, you'll get it back the last night. They only destroy what you smuggle at embarkation.

I had been told on the phone by princess it would be destroyed. I just

emailed princess and was told that at embarcation or at ports your liqueor will be held until the end of the cruise. You must just present it at the

gangway.

Our last three Princess cruises sometimes there was a liquor table when reboarding from a port of call and sometimes there was none. I remember in Aruba I boarded with a liter of my favorite gin and there was no table. I usually do not buy liquor anymore on cruises due to the hassle of carrying it home but the price at the duty free store was too tempting. I brought it home still sealed. So looks like it is the luck of the draw.

Is Venice your embarkation port? The answers you receive may be different than if it were a port of call.

Many times at ports you can just walk on board with your purchases, especially when it's very busy. Just walk up the stairs & no one will look twice.

I was in Columbia, bought a couple of bottles of rum. I took them back on the ship and was told there was not anyone there to check the booze, so I should just take it to my room.

A couple of years ago, we were in port at Cozumel with a specific mission to find a nice Tequila to bring home for the friend who was watching over our home while we were gone.

We ended up in the duty free shop where all they sell is Tequila and the clerk proceeded to give my husband samples of whatever he was suggesting we buy. I had to ask him to stop or be prepared to help me haul DH back to the ship :p.

We bought a bottle for our friend, something we can't get up here and DH (who is not a tequila drinker, normally) decided to pick up a little pack with four different aged tequilas in it for himself. We get back to the ship, proceed directly to the table and turn the bags over to the attendant. He logs in the large bottle, hands us the ticket for it and gives us back the other bag. :confused:

I ask why the sampler pack didn't need to be checked. He said the size of the bottles made them "souveniers" and didn't count.

Yes, Venice is our Embarcation and I have received two different answers

from princess about bringing on Liquor to take home.

The Princess reps are famous for giving two different answers for the same question. It's not their fault because both answers are correct it just depends who is working security that day and how they interpreted the policy. The only consistency is the fact that they are always inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add that since this is an embarkation you will have to go through security which is not employed by Princess. This is where it gets tricky. They may be told to collect all alcohol. When it's a port of call you are only dealing with the people on the ship who know the proper procedure. I would inform the person who checks you in and ask how you should proceed to take your limoncello on board with out having it taken to be destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many times at ports you can just walk on board with your purchases, especially when it's very busy. Just walk up the stairs & no one will look twice.

We do this all the time, especially on the wine tours we take. They are so busy with other passengers that we just walk right up the stairs and to our cabin. We don't drink it on board, we take it home with us. I don't trust the ship handling our liquor or even getting it back from them.