Just got booted from my boardwalk balcony

Why they're shrouding everything in secrecy is the question that doesn't seem to have a reasonable answer.:confused: I love RCI, but I really do think things like this show a lack of respect for the passengers and their vacation plans. What they might lose in revenue by being up front with people would more than be recouped in goodwill and happy customers.

Agree 100%. This secrecy thing is getting way out of hand with them -- it started with the Quantum Class roll out (which, ridiculously, is still incomplete) and has now spread to the Oasis reno. They're a cruise line, not a defense contractor, and their recent behavior is both strange and delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

still in limbo stuck in cabin 14693 :mad:

Bill

We were also booted from the same cabin for the October TA. If I were you I would be watching for B1's to open up over the next week or so since it'll be sixty days before sailing. I would also watch the B2 inventory because I assume you could lobby successfully for a downgrade from B1 to B2 in order to get a better position and deck. Being all the way forward on the Boardwalk and on deck 14 seems really bad to me.

We were also booted from the same cabin for the October TA. If I were you I would be watching for B1's to open up over the next week or so since it'll be sixty days before sailing. I would also watch the B2 inventory because I assume you could lobby successfully for a downgrade from B1 to B2 in order to get a better position and deck. Being all the way forward on the Boardwalk and on deck 14 seems really bad to me.

I have been keeping my eyes open for anything B1 to open up but nothing yet.

Seems odd that I have to lobby to get a lesser category then I originally booked.

Bill

I was wondering who else got affected besides us? We booked in May for same cabin 11329 and got booted out last week to another B1 that wasn't nearly as close back as the one we had which like the OP is the last one back. RCI would not budge to upgrade and we had to stick with B1 and I don't know if we would have been treated any different had we booked directly with them but they did give us a 100 credit and we found a cabin on deck 8 that was 5 from the back. Guess it gives us a chance to be lower so we have been high twice now and that cabin would have been as far back as we would have ever been. That was one of the reasons why we booked it.

I have been keeping my eyes open for anything B1 to open up but nothing yet.

Seems odd that I have to lobby to get a lesser category then I originally booked.

Bill

Okay....we are sailing November 1st and got booted out of 11329 and you are sailing after us and got booted? We were told they were remodeling each cabin and just trying to get caught up and our new cabin on deck 8 has already been remodeled. What date is your sailing? Now I really think they are converting to suites from the public balconies. But it is my thoughts - no proof yet.

Okay....we are sailing November 1st and got booted out of 11329 and you are sailing after us and got booted? We were told they were remodeling each cabin and just trying to get caught up and our new cabin on deck 8 has already been remodeled. What date is your sailing? Now I really think they are converting to suites from the public balconies. But it is my thoughts - no proof yet.

We sail November 29th. Are you saying you were able to change to a different B1 than the one they put you in?

If so did you have to pay anything or lose your OBC if you had any?

Bill

We sail November 29th. Are you saying you were able to change to a different B1 than the one they put you in?

Bill

Yes, we asked to be upgraded thru our TA, it was no we had to stay within B1, so the Royal rep found another B1 that was 5 cabins from the rear so we took it and did not lose our credit that they gave us from losing 11329 for Nov. 1 sailing. And if you are doing the end of November, I cannot imagine why it would take that long to spruce up that cabin. I bet we are losing that big balcony outside of that door.

Bill

Are they giving you grief to move to another cabin within the type (B1)? that does not make sense.

I can recall changing cabin locations on two cruises in the the past year or so (one of them twice) through our T/A without penalties or losing OBC. It was on cruises we booked at a later date and we moved when it got close to final payment date and the undecided folks moved out of the better location cabins.

Why should Royal care or did I miss something here?

I'd save myself the aggravation and upgrade to an outside balcony. ;)

Are they giving you grief to move to another cabin within the type (B1)? that does not make sense.

I can recall changing cabin locations on two cruises in the the past year or so (one of them twice) through our T/A without penalties or losing OBC. It was on cruises we booked at a later date and we moved when it got close to final payment date and the undecided folks moved out of the better location cabins.

Why should Royal care or did I miss something here?

There are no B1's available on the November 29th sailing. A bunch of B2's in better locations.

Lisa

Yes, we asked to be upgraded thru our TA, it was no we had to stay within B1, so the Royal rep found another B1 that was 5 cabins from the rear so we took it and did not lose our credit that they gave us from losing 11329 for Nov. 1 sailing. And if you are doing the end of November, I cannot imagine why it would take that long to spruce up that cabin. I bet we are losing that big balcony outside of that door.

We are losing that big balcony. That is a given and has been established. They are not sprucing up the B1 cabins. The question as to why folks are being relocated through the early December cruises from x329, x327, x729, x727 is whether those cabins are being incorporated into suites being built onto those big balconies or if those folks affected are being moved due to ongoing construction equipment & noise that would affect those cabins. It has not even been confirmed yet if those balconies are being converted into suites or regular cabins.

I'd save myself the aggravation and upgrade to an outside balcony. ;)

I'm sorry but there aggravation involved with too. If I upgrade I lose $250 in OBC.

If I'm paying more and losing the $250 I'd rather cancel and eat the $500 cancellation fee.

I would feel like someone robbed me having to pay an additional $400 for something I had no part if.

This is all RCI's fault not mine.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I'm sorry but there aggravation involved with too. If I upgrade I lose $250 in OBC.

If I'm paying more and losing the $250 I'd rather cancel and eat the $500 cancellation fee.

I would feel like someone robbed me having to pay an additional $400 for something I had no part if.

This is all RCI's fault not mine.

Bill

Agree completely - but... The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You've done a good job of conveying your (rightful) frustration here. But you'd be much better served to be posting as much on Facebook and Twitter, as I think others have already recommended. Cruise lines (most all businesses) are becoming more aware of social media and the power the popular sites have with overall customer perception. Get over to the Royal Facebook site as well as posting messages to the Royal twitter account - I think that is much more likely to get action from Royal than anything you're doing here - and it also sidesteps the issue of not being able to talk directly to Royal due to the TA.

Agree completely - but... The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You've done a good job of conveying your (rightful) frustration here. But you'd be much better served to be posting as much on Facebook and Twitter, as I think others have already recommended. Cruise lines (most all businesses) are becoming more aware of social media and the power the popular sites have with overall customer perception. Get over to the Royal Facebook site as well as posting messages to the Royal twitter account - I think that is much more likely to get action from Royal than anything you're doing here - and it also sidesteps the issue of not being able to talk directly to Royal due to the TA.

Posted yesterday on fb. Got some comments but nothing from RCI

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I am sorry Bill but your situation is so unfair. I can't get over how you are being treated. You should have a upgrade and keep onboard credit. Is you ta apathetic to your problem? You may want to contact resolutions or Miami corporate yourself. If you did not have their number create a post and ask another cc member what it is. I do know the number has been posted in the past.

I was bumped from cabin 12323 on the Westbound TA and given a cabin on 14 at the end of the Boardwalk. Wepressedthem and got a full refund plus $300 future cruise credit for the money we already spent on lodging and transportation in London. Don't let them push you around, this whole mess is entirely their fault.