Best pool in Miami

DKNE

Viceroy Hotel. The pool is just amazing. We have quite a few friends who live over at the Icon so have been up there quite a bit.

I will say the pool area over at The Four Seasons is also just beautiful.

Edited by cjskids

Viceroy Hotel. The pool is just amazing. We have quite a few friends who live over at the Icon so have been up there quite a bit.

Beautiful pools indeed, but over $500 for a room !! yikes ! :eek:

The best pool in Miami isn't at a hotel!

Check out Venetian Pool in Coral Gables

The pool was created in 1923 from a coral rock quarry, where much of the original coral rock was used to border and further accentuate the pool. It also features two large historic lookout towers, with a view to the City Beautiful.

The 820,000 gallon pool is fed with spring water from an underground aquifer. In the spring and summer seasons, the pool is filled and drained daily!

http://coralgables.com/index.aspx?page=167

Beautiful pools indeed, but over $500 for a room !! yikes ! :eek:

The room can be gotten for a lot less on many sites. Lastminute travel has it on there all the time. Friends stay there all the time for less than $200 per night. The Four seasons is also on there and at times the Mandarin Oriental, though I see that less. We just had friends stay at the Four Seasons over Labor Day weekend and he got it for $152 a night.

Hey cjs, would you please email me at JoJo Siesta Key at g mail dot com?

It looks like we will be moving to Miami and are looking at Brickell and Brickell Key and I'd love your imput!

To the OP, sorry to highjack, I agree the Viceroy is way cool. The views are off the chart.

The National has a very pretty pool and they use it for many photo shoots, but it doesn't seem like a great pool for kids. I would head north a little and look at the Westin Diplomat on the beach in Hollywood, FL; it has a two story pool with glass bottoms. Very modern upscale hotel.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

The National has a very pretty pool and they use it for many photo shoots, but it doesn't seem like a great pool for kids. I would head north a little and look at the Westin Diplomat on the beach in Hollywood, FL; it has a two story pool with glass bottoms. Very modern upscale hotel.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

The pool at the National is cool to look at but kind of weird to use. Or are you talking about the pool by the beach up by the tiki bar? The Diplomat has one of the best pools anywhere but it may be too far out of the way for the POM.

Forgot to add that the Biltmore in Coral Gables has one of the largest and most iconic pools in Florida and it isn't too far from the POM. Not too shabby considering the company it keeps; The Venetian, The Raleigh, The National, The Fountainbleu, and a few others.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!

Edited by BlueHerons

Omg, these hotels are beautiful !! But at over $450 a night :eek: that's a couple islands of tours !! lol

Let me rephrase.....what's a nice pool, good hotel area close to POM, that is under $200 a night !! :D Certainly don't want to spend over $500 on a hotel room, for the pool if the weather is cold in January anyways there !!

Thanks ! :)

There a a few deals on groupon that also include spa treatments at top places for cheaper prices. Worth having a look

Is that on the Canadian sites though , or check on the American groupon site? I've done concert tickets (Maroon5) on groupon for a quarter of a fraction of what a regular ticket would be ! :D

Hey cjs, would you please email me at JoJo Siesta Key at g mail dot com?

It looks like we will be moving to Miami and are looking at Brickell and Brickell Key and I'd love your imput!

To the OP, sorry to highjack, I agree the Viceroy is way cool. The views are off the chart.

Just got home from a short cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I'll send you an email now.

Thinking once we get to Miami, a day before our cruise, we will just hang out at the pool area with the kids.

Which hotel has the best pool ? And that is close to POM.

I would book something you can live with then start stalking places like priceline and hotwire.

You may catch a break and get a deal on something downtown.

Most of the downtown (POM) hotels have cool rooftop pools with amazing views.

Thinking once we get to Miami, a day before our cruise, we will just hang out at the pool area with the kids.

Which hotel has the best pool ? And that is close to POM.

What day are you looking for? There are many great hotels and pools around.

Early January :)

If you check last minute travel you may be able to find a downtown area hotel for around $200. Hyatt Regency, JW Marriott, Urbano at Brickell, are all around that price for Saturday, 1/10 for instance.