Hair Dryers on Independence?

karen&roy

I just read a review of Indy and the man said there were no hair dryers in the room?? Do i need to bring one?? I thought they always had them?

Thanks in Advance

To my knowldege, there are hair dryers in all staterooms.

Bob is correct - there are hairdryers in every RCI stateroom. However there have been a couple of recent reports that Independence may have removed some of them in certain stateroom categories due to a safety concern. I have not searched any of the threads to confirm this, however. If it is so I would think that it would be a temporary situation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It is true, all the hairdryers were removed recently .

I was told this by Ryno Strapp who is currently DL concierge on the Adventure. His GF works on Independence and had to deal with the flack from all the phone calls from disgruntled guests who discovered there weren't any in the cabins!

Apparently they were removed due to SOME of them being too old so rather than replace as and when they took them all out.:eek:.

I always take a dual voltage travel hairdryer so this situation would not have been a problem for me but feel for those who had just washed their hair and had no way of drying it.:eek:

They could all have been replaced by now but I would not take the chance.

When we were on Indie in July the HD was new to me and some of his ideas I did not agree with but on the other hand he was very personable and we saw him around the ship a lot.

The ones they supply do NOT blow hard at all...and that's the whole point of "blow drying"...bring your own, if you want the "blow dry" look!

I've got pretty thick hair and have never had a problem - guess I'm used to hotel dryers that are about the same. Never felt the need to pack my own.

I've got pretty thick hair and have never had a problem - guess I'm used to hotel dryers that are about the same. Never felt the need to pack my own.

Agree, yes they are not like what I have at home but do the job for my thick hair.

I do hope that they correct the situation on this ship. I would be upset thinking they were there and finding them missing.