Paid Upgrades 45 days in advance?

A D+ C&A representative mentioned that on many sailings, they're now offering paid upgrades (at a reduced rate) about 45 days ahead of the sailings. It is based on C&A status and receipt of some mass email. Has anyone had experience with this? When do the emails typically go out (how many days ahead of sailing)? Are the paid upgrades really a great deal, or are they still really close to "book price"? Thanks in advance for any info you've got!

A D+ C&A representative mentioned that on many sailings, they're now offering paid upgrades (at a reduced rate) about 45 days ahead of the sailings. It is based on C&A status and receipt of some mass email. Has anyone had experience with this? When do the emails typically go out (how many days ahead of sailing)? Are the paid upgrades really a great deal, or are they still really close to "book price"? Thanks in advance for any info you've got!

We never got an email about that and we have been D+ for a couple years now. Of course, we never get emails about anything related to our sailings, except when our docs are ready.:( I've called them several times and they don't know why I am not receiving their emails. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Gwen :)

We never got an email about that and we have been D+ for a couple years now. Of course, we never get emails about anything related to our sailings, except when our docs are ready.:( I've called them several times and they don't know why I am not receiving their emails. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Gwen :)

I had the same issue re not getting e-mails except those directly related to our cruises. I found that my e-mail provider had some kind of auto-blocker for sales/marketing related senders. I set up a Hotmail account (for free), went into my C&A profile and changed my e-mail contact address to the hotmail account. Voila! I get everything now.

My colleague at work received a call from RCI before the recent Oasis TA and was upgraded to a grand suite for 50% of the price difference between what he had paid and the current price for a GS. This was a pro-active telephone call from RCI 'UK' (UK I say very loosely :) ) and not an e mail.

I received an email to upgrade from my small inside cabin to an ocean view. They only wanted $50 to upgrade but it was on the 3rd deck and I declined. I did upgrade to a Central Park view (no balcony) for $77 that was on deck 9. I was very happy with that as now I have light and a much bigger room.

We received this email about 30 days before our sail date to upgrade from a B2 to a JS. We jumped on it.

We are sailing on the Allure in a JS for $2,368.00 ...... SWEET!!!

Don't know why we were chosen. Things to mention are:

We are Gold - will be platinum after this Allure sailing

We have two more cruises booked: Quantum in a SJS & Freedom in a D1

We usually sail in a balcony or JS

We sail in THREE DAYS!!!

The emails you stated don't always get blasted out to ALL D+ C&A passengers . Even within D+ their is a hierarchy process followed depending total days sailed and original cabin booked. The Revenue department generally determines the rooms needed thus prompting a potential upgrade ( paid or not).

Edited by xxoocruiser

That is the TOTAL PRICE for 2! We had a great price of $1,600 for the B2 and then took the upgrade to the JS for $700 extra.

We were beyond THRILLED!!

We are sailing in a J/S next month for $1984 (for two) on the Navigator & in Jan in a J/S for $1998 (for two) on the Serenade... Not the Allure, but GREAT prices none the less! Not upgrades... Booked early & took advantage of the BIGOHO sale back in May.... Saved a BUNCH!! Doing the HAPPY DANCE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As I just posted in another thread, the UPGRADE fairy seems to have gone on vacation, and the UPSELL fairy is taking her place!

:eek: :p ;) :D

It doesn't matter...the UPGRADE Fairy was a snob who never wanted anything to do with me!:D I didn't think the UPSELL Fairy was in any hurry to make my acquaintance either, so I became my own Fairy!:)

Exactly 30 days prior to our cruise we got an email about the 50% off upgrade on an upcoming Allure sailing. We had booked an interior guarantee during a sale and moved up to a Boardwalk Balcony (was also offered Oceanview Balcony) for $120 TOTAL for three people. Would love to now get the offer to move to a Junior Suite! =)

I'm all for cheap upgrades happening more regularly than my 0% free upgrades!

Since Im new at all of this, we have a D2 superior balcony 9550 for the two of us. Anyone have any knowledge of this room or area? I pretty much know where it is but not much more.... I guess im wondering ...if I got an offer should I just stay here...

Edited by shirleygallegos60

Since Im new at all of this, we have a D2 superior balcony 9550 for the two of us. Anyone have any knowledge of this room or area? I pretty much know where it is but not much more.... I guess im wondering ...if I got an offer should I just stay here...

As you can see, your cabin is right by the forward elevators. This is a good thing because fewer people use these elevators They tend to come faster and be less crowded.

The main lounge and the theatre are forward.

D cabins are a very nice size.

I personally prefer the ones that are towards the rear, or aft, of the ship, but that's just personal preference. If you want one of those, there are many to choose from on Decks 7, 8 & 9.

9 is closer to the Windjammer and the pool deck and the sports deck, if you use those areas a lot.

8 is more central to all areas.

7 is closer to the Royal Promenade, the dining rooms, the theatre and the lounges.

Have a wonderful cruise.

fr_deck09_v2013_apr.gif

Bed is near the balcony in 9550, if that makes a difference to you.

Sometimes for even more than 50% off. Make sure you check your junk email before assuming you didn't get the email.

This needs to be elaborated on. Unfortunately with some ISP's you may not know they have a spam filter in place. Many people have third party spam filters in place that tie in with their email program like Windows Live Mail, Outlook, or what ever Mac People are using these days. ;). Time Warner and other providers that are affiliated with Road Runner's internet service also have their own spam filter and most people don't know about it unless you log into the web email client and check that spam filter. With more and more tablets being used, the web clients are getting used more, but some people never see them so their can be messages filtered at this level that never make it to your external email program. While spam filters have improved greatly in accuracy over the 25 years I've used them, none of them are perfect.

We are sailing in a J/S next month for $1984 (for two) on the Navigator & in Jan in a J/S for $1998 (for two) on the Serenade... Not the Allure, but GREAT prices none the less! Not upgrades... Booked early & took advantage of the BIGOHO sale back in May.... Saved a BUNCH!! Doing the HAPPY DANCE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Since Oasis and Allure prices are typically higher for these categories, it would be unfair to compare them to Radiance and Voyager Class ships. They got a great deal for the price. :) Past experience for us is that some of the lowest prices for JS, if you book early, are on Navigator.

As I just posted in another thread, the UPGRADE fairy seems to have gone on vacation, and the UPSELL fairy is taking her place!

It seems so. I have never seen this elusive email, though.

This needs to be elaborated on. Unfortunately with some ISP's you may not know they have a spam filter in place. Many people have third party spam filters in place that tie in with their email program like Windows Live Mail, Outlook, or what ever Mac People are using these days. ;). Time Warner and other providers that are affiliated with Road Runner's internet service also have their own spam filter and most people don't know about it unless you log into the web email client and check that spam filter. With more and more tablets being used, the web clients are getting used more, but some people never see them so their can be messages filtered at this level that never make it to your external email program. While spam filters have improved greatly in accuracy over the 25 years I've used them, none of them are perfect.

We have not gotten emails from RCI, other than information about a specific sailing (and even then it's sporadic), for several months. I changed my address on file from AOL to gmail, thinking it would help, but it hasn't. I might try a hotmail account. AOL had problems over the summer blocking too many of my personal emails. I reset the filters, which helped only a little.

Totally okay with this. Upsell Fairy seems to be much more on the ball... and 30-45 days before is exactly when my credit card has recovered from Final Payment anyway... ;)