Upsale Offer

atdahop

We took an upsell two weeks ago on the Diamond from a mini with the largest balcony on Emerald Deck to a full suite on Caribe. It is costing us $399p.p. extra but whose counting as it is a 9 day cruise and we have always wanted to try the "suite life". We are Elite so there isn't a huge difference in the perks, though we like the idea of having breakfast in Sabatini's each morning and being able to have dinner on embarkation night in one of the special restaurants. We also love the idea of the extra space and are considering having dinner in our suite one night after a long day of touring. We only have 6 sleeps until we leave for Japan and our now very "special" cruise.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

You have the same opportunity, but it goes trough your TA. If your TA is out of the office or does not inform you in a timely manner, you could miss out.

This is an answer for Blue Flame. A lot of posts showed up in betwwen.. Should have use the quote function. Sorry.

Edited by Babr
clarity

We recently sailed on the Golden on a 4 day in a suite and the free Specialty Dinner is no longer offered. Howvever, in December 2013, we did get the dinner on a 3 day Coastal out of Los Angeles.

Edited by candide333

You have the same opportunity, but it goes trough your TA. If your TA is out of the office or does not inform you in a timely manner, you could miss out.

This is an answer for Blue Flame. A lot of posts showed up in betwwen.. Should have use the quote function. Sorry.

Thanks for answering! I have never received "the call" either when booked directly with Princess or with a TA (unless the TA never informed me). I'd love to have the opportunity to make that decision some day, though.

That's a costly upsell! I think ours was $299 per person for 7 days.

$299 for an upscale would be great for a 7 day that's why I thought 199 was too much for 4 days

:confused:

$299 for 7 days is $43 per day.

$199 for 4 days is $50 per day.

Does an additional $7 per day somehow transform a "great" deal into a "bad" deal? Seems like a rounding error to me. Especially compared to the all-in cost of the vacation. I suppose there is a line to be drawn somewhere. But I'd view $50 per day and $43 per day to be playing in the same ballpark as opposed to "great" vs "expensive".

Approximately how close to the sailing do these offers start?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Mine was 2.5 weeks before sailing. I have since seen the suite prices drop by 20-30% (still way higher than I paid) and the advantage to the past passenger rate has been reduced for other sailings. I've been watching out of curiosity to see how they fill the ship. I think they've been pretty successful so far, only 1-2 suites and minisuites are left.

We are in a Mini on the Royal in two weeks for a 10 day cruise and got an upsell for $599 PP but refused it. Our MA Mini cost $1279 PP and then I switched to an extended balcony Mini on Caribe Deck for no charge and that additional charge of $1198 for a Suite pays for the drink packages plus change and since we sleep in late, Sabatini' would do us no good!

I'm a happy camper! Oops, cruiser!

Edited by gacruisergal

We have been offered several Upsell offers from mini to full suite in the past and have taken them. We recently recieved an offer on our 10 day upcoming cruise for $799pp. To us that was way too expensive and didn't take the offer. I don't think anyone else excepted the offer either cause those suites are still showing available:rolleyes:

What I don't understand is how they come up with the offer amount. The last one we took was $299pp for a 15 day Panama cruise. Another 3 years ago was $699pp for a 15 Hawaii cruise.:confused:

We've accepted two upsell offers. We just returned from a 7 day Western Caribbean on Caribbean Princess where we enjoyed a window suite for an additional $98 pp. The cruise was reasonably priced to begin with so for us this was a no-brainer. We had booked an obstructed oceanview on Emerald Deck so we weren't giving up a balcony or mini-suite.

We were offered a similar deal a few years ago on a Hawaii r/t LA cruise. Again we took their offer to the window suite and loved it!

The breakfast at Sabitini's, champagne, flowers, dinner in specialty restaurant on embarkation, and the spacious stateroom is a wonderful treat. We already get "free" laundry.

We've accepted two upsell offers. We just returned from a 7 day Western Caribbean on Caribbean Princess where we enjoyed a window suite for an additional $98 pp. The cruise was reasonably priced to begin with so for us this was a no-brainer. We had booked an obstructed oceanview on Emerald Deck so we weren't giving up a balcony or mini-suite.

We were offered a similar deal a few years ago on a Hawaii r/t LA cruise. Again we took their offer to the window suite and loved it!

The breakfast at Sabitini's, champagne, flowers, dinner in specialty restaurant on embarkation, and the spacious stateroom is a wonderful treat. We already get "free" laundry.

You got a really great deal. We booked a mini and I did not think $199 per person was a good deal for a window suite. I really did not want to give up my balcony. And mine is only a 4 night. $98 for a 7 night is a great deal!

You got a really great deal. We booked a mini and I did not think $199 per person was a good deal for a window suite. I really did not want to give up my balcony. And mine is only a 4 night. $98 for a 7 night is a great deal!

I've never heard of a mini suite passenger being offered an upsell to a window suite:confused: