Port Canaveral Parking -- changes in payment routine

SherriZ366

We were on Enchantment a few weeks ago. They had one lane going into the parking garage for credit payments and one for cash. The cash payment line was a machine that you fed the bills into. They did have porters at the luggage drop off area down past the terminal. Leaving he port was a breeze since you did not have to wait to pay. Looking forward to seeing what terminal 1 will be like and which ships will use it.

Along this line. Is there any change on pick up at the end of the cruise?

The reason I asked the question about dropping bags is because the last time we cruised from PC (this past March), we had to pick up a parking ticket, go through the parking structure, give the ticket to the attendant (parking was free for the first hour), exit the parking area, and finally drop bags.

With payment due up front, I'm wondering if they have gone back to the way it was years ago when you could drop bags without going through the parking structure.

Edited by clarea

The reason I asked the question about dropping bags is because the last time we cruised from PC (this past March), we had to pick up a parking ticket, go through the parking structure, give the ticket to the attendant (parking was free for the first hour), exit the parking area, and finally drop bags.

With payment due up front, I'm wondering if they have gone back to the way it was years ago when you could drop bags without going through the parking structure.

Yes, you can drop your bags with or without entering the parking area.

Thanks, that will speed up the process.:)

Dropped off at noon last week, definitely a line due to drop off slots in the porter area. I imagine it could get bad during peak times and then you have to enter line for parking. :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Are you driving to the port from home? We are thinking about that as flying is becoming a pita.

Are you driving to the port from home? We are thinking about that as flying is becoming a pita.

No, we always fly to Port Canaveral. We usually have a rental car, and like to drop bags at the terminal first, so we save an unload/load cycle at the rental car office.

I looked at Port Canaveral's website and they had a place to reserve parking. I have never noticed that before. We just drive in with no reservation. I hope that they get everything worked out before our December cruise.

I looked at Port Canaveral's website and they had a place to reserve parking. I have never noticed that before. We just drive in with no reservation. I hope that they get everything worked out before our December cruise.
We may do that -- wonder if we could pre-pay online.