Ecstasy tragedy this morning

pamrose228

Which raises the point..........the sun rises in the east and the vessel was heading in a westerly direction.

AKK

Hey, skipper. I did check the time of sunrise on that day, but it didn't dawn (poor joke) on me about the ship's heading. And really, if you were on the uppermost deck, how much different is the view of the sunrise than from the mast? Lots of things in the story given by the group organizer that didn't add up for me.

Hey, skipper. I did check the time of sunrise on that day, but it didn't dawn (poor joke) on me about the ship's heading. And really, if you were on the uppermost deck, how much different is the view of the sunrise than from the mast? Lots of things in the story given by the group organizer that didn't add up for me.

All true.

The antenna platforms would be facing forward and add to that, even if they were looking aft(which would not be comfortable), the stack and wing would block the easterly view, depending on her heading.

The whole story is questionable. I would be interested to see a alcohol and drug screen results.

AKK

Yeah, I was wondering that when I read the guy's version of what happened. Seems that the view of the sunrise would be WORSE from the mast since the ship was heading away from the sunrise AND the mast would have blocked a lot of the view.

I wonder if toxicology tests are being run on the young man who died. The group organizer said no alcohol involved but I wonder.

Yeah, I was wondering that when I read the guy's version of what happened. Seems that the view of the sunrise would be WORSE from the mast since the ship was heading away from the sunrise AND the mast would have blocked a lot of the view.

I wonder if toxicology tests are being run on the young man who died. The group organizer said no alcohol involved but I wonder.

I believe that the ship's doctor would have used an alcohol test swab in the man's mouth as soon as possible after initial assessment. That is pretty standard practice, and then the coroner would do a blood screen as a matter of course.

Edited by chengkp75

Secondly, weren't there any type of warning horns or lights before that thing started swinging around? Were they working? Don't they look at it before turning it on to see if something is blocking it or if it is damaged in any way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Even if there was a horn or lights, who's to say the kid would even known what was about to happen. A crew member yes but a passenger probably not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got off the Ecstasy this Morning. Very tragic and sad and, yes, stupid!

The area where these young men climbed onto the Mast is clearly marked restricted. This is not easily accessible and those young men would have had to really go out of their way and be very physically fit to do so. From what we heard it happened between 5:30 - 6:00 a.m. A Security Officer said he heard a call around 6: 00. At that time it would have been pitch dark and still quite away from POM as we arrived around 7:15 or so this a.m.

We heard he was hit by the radar arm and fell. Not clear if the radar hit his head or if he hit a table or brick that is on the Mini Golf Course underneath but his head had a gash on the side of it.

We also saw another young man taken off on a stretcher several hours after we boarded. Not sure if it is related but the young man was sitting up on the stretcher and the police were with him while he was going into the ambulance.

These young men did a stupid thing that cost the one his life. I don't believe the Cruise Line is at fault here.

Thoughts and prayers for this young Man's family! So very sad!

Time for one of my favorite sayings when I read things like this:

"Playing Stupid Games, Only Gets You Stupid Prizes!"

Now it is time for the Whoryers! Especially that anti-cruise Whoryer out of Miami. I will not mention his name here. Scum like that needs to be scraped off the side of the ship!

Time for one of my favorite sayings when I read things like this:

"Playing Stupid Games, Only Gets You Stupid Prizes!"

Now it is time for the Whoryers! Especially that anti-cruise Whoryer out of Miami. I will not mention his name here. Scum like that needs to be scraped off the side of the ship!

Thanks, you reminded me that I hadn't gone to Walker's site for my morning chuckle. He also fed some of my skepticism about the story the group organizer gives. He has a close up of the radar platforms, and I would like to see a re-enactment of 5 people up on a platform about 10-12 feet long and 2-3 feet, maximum, wide, especially the 4 who claimed to be laying down.

Edited by chengkp75

You don't know the facts of that case. McDonalds had been warned numerous times by inspectors that their coffee was too hot for serving and already 700 reports of people having been burned by their coffee had been made. The woman initially was only seeking a small amount for medical expenses, but McD's said no. They got sued. The burn victim suffered third degree burns and required skin grafts. Her actual reward for damages and expenses was reasonable, but the court hit McD's with nearly $3 million in punitive damages. That really says something. I believe eventually the amount was reduced after an appeals court found the victim 20% responsible for the accident.

Good point that their product serving temperature may have been too high, however, this does not remove one's personal responsibility and common sense from the equation. Regardless of the product temperature, she is not the brightest bulb on the tree for putting a hot cup of coffee in her lap - that's what cupholders are for. If you're not smart enough to be aware of potential dangers, then shame on you...bottom line. She made a bad decision by putting a cup of hot coffee in her lap, and this young man made a bad decision by climbing up a radar mast in a CLEARLY MARKED restricted area. Accept the consequences of your decisions. Not every incident and accident is the fault of others.

Edited by A2Mich