Having a HORRIBLE time trying to reserve MTD & show times on Royal's website

styxfire

Honestly this seems to be the most buggy, convoluted, error-prone reservation system I've ever seen.

Been trying to make reservations for the 3 of us (in 2 cabins) since 6:30pm tonight (i.e. for 5 hrs straight, without stopping).

Error after error after error, with Royal's standard apologetic error msg when the website times out. Or sometimes, "Items in your cart are no longer available" (even when there are zero reservations in my cart). Or "That reservation cannot be found" (when trying to add the guests I'm traveling with...some days it finds them, some days they don't exist.)

I feel like I made a huge mistake choosing Allure.

Honestly this seems to be the most buggy, convoluted, error-prone reservation system I've ever seen.

Been trying to make reservations for the 3 of us (in 2 cabins) since 6:30pm tonight (i.e. for 5 hrs straight, without stopping).

Error after error after error, with Royal's standard apologetic error msg when the website times out. Or sometimes, "Items in your cart are no longer available" (even when there are zero reservations in my cart). Or "That reservation cannot be found" (when trying to add the guests I'm traveling with...some days it finds them, some days they don't exist.)

Could it be the sailing is too far out to make reservations?

I've been having problems as well. I called RCI & our 12-13-14 sailing dining has not opened up yet. You might try calling directly to make your reservation...they are very helpful. . It's much easier.

On a previous cruise, their website has had issues with a particular browser (likeFirefox). If your dining has opened up, & you aren't able to check out, try a different web browser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Call 800-398-9819 they will make it much easier.

Call 800-398-9819 they will make it much easier.

My sailing is in 13 days. I just recently found out we could make this trip, and now we're getting the leftovers on showtimes, mealtimes, etc. Comedy Club was sold out, which is fine. I got the other shows (at very late times, oh well).

After 6 hours of this bogus website, I called the # RCI's website suggests in the error messages: 866-562-7625. Been on hold for 15 min so far. Soon I'll hang up and call Woehwdy's #.

Finally spoke w/ someone via phone who told me the scheduling department was closed, would open very early tomorrow, and she gave me a # to call tomorrow,... it's the same # suggested by woehwdy.

I'm sure everything will be fine soon.

But having wasted 6 hours, frustrated, isn't the best way to set sail.

Yes reservations only open about two months prior

Plus could be teething issues re new changes within IT

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked our MTD reservations for our Feb 8th 2015 Allure Cruise over a week ago. 145 days before our cruise, not 2 months prior.

Edited by vacation_junkie

I've been having problems as well. I called RCI & our 12-13-14 sailing dining has not opened up yet. You might try calling directly to make your reservation...they are very helpful. . It's much easier.

On a previous cruise, their website has had issues with a particular browser (likeFirefox). If your dining has opened up, & you aren't able to check out, try a different web browser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am on this sailing with 8 people, 4 cabins. I had problems also but was able to book MTD

for 3 cabins together. It would not let me add the last couple.

Dynamic dining makes this booking situation even worse! I spent almost three hours on the phone with RCCL on Saturday attempting to schedule dining venues and twice the computer "timed out". The scheduling process has not been well thought out, the computers the agents are using are terminally slow and the times we were able to book are less than satisfactory. I cannot imagine the problems upon boarding for passengers who have no idea they have to book dining choices and entertainment. Made me wonder why I booked this ship!!!

Dynamic dining makes this booking situation even worse! I spent almost three hours on the phone with RCCL on Saturday attempting to schedule dining venues and twice the computer "timed out". The scheduling process has not been well thought out, the computers the agents are using are terminally slow and the times we were able to book are less than satisfactory. I cannot imagine the problems upon boarding for passengers who have no idea they have to book dining choices and entertainment. Made me wonder why I booked this ship!!!

Not to worry. If you board and have not been able to reserve acceptable dining times, there will be ample pay restaurants available for your dining pleasure.;)

Yes reservations only open about two months prior

Plus could be teething issues re new changes within IT

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made all our show reservations for our 12/7 Allure cruise months ago, and just made reservations for Chefs Table this week. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when reservations can be made.

We booked our MTD reservations for our Feb 8th 2015 Allure Cruise over a week ago. 145 days before our cruise, not 2 months prior.

Same for me. I booked specialty restaurants and MTD for our March 22nd cruise in mid September. Approximately 6 months out. I actually received an email from RCI telling me the specialty restaurants were available for booking.

Just book when you get on board. They hold back some slots because not everyone uses the computer to make their reservations, and some people book last minute. Don't stress over the website, it has way too many glitches to be user friendly anymore.

We're now 38 days out from our Liberty sailing and NOTHING is available for booking except shore excursions and spa services. Great to see that the revenue centres aren't affected by the glitches.

We've not sailed RCCL since pre-booking meals and shows became a "thing" - what happens if you're unable to reserve before boarding? Do you end up with long wait times for dinner and not seeing the production shows at all? :confused: We had no choice but to take MTD and am now starting to get a little cranky with the whole process.

Edited by ronandannette

We're now 38 days out from our Liberty sailing and NOTHING is available for booking except shore excursions and spa services. Great to see that the revenue centres aren't affected by the glitches.

We've not sailed RCCL since pre-booking meals and shows became a "thing" - what happens if you're unable to reserve before boarding? Do you end up with long wait times for dinner and not seeing the production shows at all? :confused: We had no choice but to take MTD and am now starting to get a little cranky with the whole process.

I would visit the MTD desk (deck 5, dining room entrance) as soon as you board and see if they can accommodate you.

WOW - 38 days out and u still can't make bookings -- guess I shouldn't hold up hope on the 60 days they gave me.

Must say though on my two previous Oasis cruises I was able to do specialty dining in July for an Oct cruise and early Aug for the Dec one. Anything else has been close to RCI's 90 day window. My Liberty cruise has nothing except shore excursions open on their website (and I'm joining the ranks of people who are frustrated with the new cruise enhancement page).

I never pre-booked anything on the Freedom class ships and have had no problem getting into anything I wanted. The only time you may not get the exact time you want is on the Oasis class ships.

I feel your pain ! I have been trying for 2 months. I call them daily and get the same nonsense about the IT department is responsible and they should have it repaired "any day now". Well I am still waiting...:mad: