Host andy

mickey89

When I search for the Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critics Connection Party for the CELEBRITY EQUINOX on the 21st May 2015 - the response is INVALID SAIL DATE. I hope this is incorrect as I have paid and have a Xpress Pass.

Is it possible for you to advise or hopefully correct this ERROR ?

The system supporting Meet & Mingle registrations is not a Cruise Critic one but rather is owned/supported by the cruise line... I believe that Cruise Critic merely makes the link available as a convenience...

I'm sure that Andy will correct me/set the record straight if I'm wrong...

I have tried to access without luck for over 3 months !

Mickey -- I feel your pain! :(

I've been trying to register for our May 2015 Summit Connections Party, too -- getting the same "Invalid Sailing" response, for over a month now. I even sent an e-mail to X's presence here on CC (Celebrity Cruises) -- but all they can do is re-direct the question to the appropriate department. Have you talked to the folks on your roll-call, to see if everyone else is having the same problem?

Oh, and BTW -- Host Andy IS a true wizard, in his own right. ;) But, sadly, he does not work for Celebrity -- so, he can't fix this one for us.

I have noticed that when I try to view the Celebrity Web site and actually do things on that site on my PC at work (during lunch time of course) that I have major issues. However, when I use my MAC at home (with Safari as the browser) I don't have those issues. I just signed up this past weekend for the meet and greet for our trip on my MAC and it worked. When I tried earlier on my PC (again at lunch time :) ) I got the same message that a few of you had which was the sailing wasn't found.

Just something I have been noticing - Celebrity is an authorized Apple dealer :rolleyes:

I have noticed that when I try to view the Celebrity Web site and actually do things on that site on my PC at work (during lunch time of course) that I have major issues. However, when I use my MAC at home (with Safari as the browser) I don't have those issues. I just signed up this past weekend for the meet and greet for our trip on my MAC and it worked. When I tried earlier on my PC (again at lunch time :) ) I got the same message that a few of you had which was the sailing wasn't found.

Just something I have been noticing - Celebrity is an authorized Apple dealer :rolleyes:

Thanks for the interesting observation. However, since most of us aren't willing to go out and buy a new computer in order to reliably access Celebrity's website -- I would strongly suggest that they get the problems fixed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the interesting observation. However, since most of us aren't willing to go out and buy a new computer in order to reliably access Celebrity's website -- I would strongly suggest that they get the problems fixed. :rolleyes:

While X should fix its website, it doesn't seem like it's going to invest the resources to do so. But, what some here don't realize is that you don't have to buy a new computer to use a different browser. While you can't use Safari (the standard browser on a Mac), you can download Chrome or another browser that MAY work better on Celebrity's glitchy website than Explorer.

99% of the time I use my MacBook or my iPad and I get the same thing. Once, it said it was too early to register followed by the note "There are 2 people registered for the Connections party". Wow lucky 2 people for whom evidently it was NOT too early.

So hold on there Suzanne, before you go and buy a new computer to register for the Connections.

As for alternative browsers, I have tried w/ Safari, IE, Chrome and Firefox. It won't work at all on any of them.

99% of the time I use my MacBook or my iPad and I get the same thing. Once, it said it was too early to register followed by the note "There are 2 people registered for the Connections party". Wow lucky 2 people for whom evidently it was NOT too early.

So hold on there Suzanne, before you go and buy a new computer to register for the Connections.

As for alternative browsers, I have tried w/ Safari, IE, Chrome and Firefox. It won't work at all on any of them.

Yep, Sharon -- I'm having the problem, using Firefox. I gave up on using Windows Explorer, years ago.

Edited by wwcruisers

While X should fix its website, it doesn't seem like it's going to invest the resources to do so. But, what some here don't realize is that you don't have to buy a new computer to use a different browser. While you can't use Safari (the standard browser on a Mac), you can download Chrome or another browser that MAY work better on Celebrity's glitchy website than Explorer.

You can download Safari for Windows too.

The system supporting Meet & Mingle registrations is not a Cruise Critic one but rather is owned/supported by the cruise line... I believe that Cruise Critic merely makes the link available as a convenience...

I'm sure that Andy will correct me/set the record straight if I'm wrong...

Hi Xport,

Yes, that's correct. Celebrity handles and processes the information. I also had internet problems all day today, and wonder if that could be a part of the problem.

To the OP, please try again tomorrow, and let us know the outcome. If you continue to have problems, please email me by clicking on the link below, and I will forward your email to our help team.

Oh, and BTW -- Host Andy IS a true wizard, in his own right. ;) But, sadly, he does not work for Celebrity -- so, he can't fix this one for us.

Hi Wwcruisers,

Thank you for your kind comments. Believe me, I'd love to help Celebrity and Azamara with their website issues... but as you said, it's totally out of my hands. If Celebrity chose to consider my many years of technology and senior management experience (more years than I care to admit LOL), I'm certain that my insights would be of value.

Hi Xport,

Yes, that's correct. Celebrity handles and processes the information. I also had internet problems all day today, and wonder if that could be a part of the problem.

To the OP, please try again tomorrow, and let us know the outcome. If you continue to have problems, please email me by clicking on the link below, and I will forward your email to our help team.

Hi Andy,

I have been trying for over 2 months to register for the Connections party on Celebrity Eclipse 11th July 2015. I am using iPad and Safari ( and have also unsuccessfully used a desktop PC and IE and Google Chrome).

After entering our reservation number, surname, ship and date, the screen CC Guest Information Form appears, which correctly lists my name and my husband's. I select all guests and submit...but the same form returns minus our names and other details, and no confirmation.

I have registered for our first cruise of the B2B (Iceland/Norway June 27, 2015) without any problems. One unusual thing...our email address is automatically filled in by Celebrity all in capitals. Whether I leave it in capitals, or change it to the correct lower case, we still get the same result of an empty form, and no registration confirmation.

Any help will be truly appreciated, Susan

• Administrators
Hi Andy,

I have been trying for over 2 months to register for the Connections party on Celebrity Eclipse 11th July 2015. I am using iPad and Safari ( and have also unsuccessfully used a desktop PC and IE and Google Chrome).

After entering our reservation number, surname, ship and date, the screen CC Guest Information Form appears, which correctly lists my name and my husband's. I select all guests and submit...but the same form returns minus our names and other details, and no confirmation.

I have registered for our first cruise of the B2B (Iceland/Norway June 27, 2015) without any problems. One unusual thing...our email address is automatically filled in by Celebrity all in capitals. Whether I leave it in capitals, or change it to the correct lower case, we still get the same result of an empty form, and no registration confirmation.

Any help will be truly appreciated, Susan

When I attempt to retrieve party data for that sail date, it appears it isn't in Celebrity's party database. I'll pass along info....

Laura

When I attempt to retrieve party data for that sail date, it appears it isn't in Celebrity's party database. I'll pass along info....

Laura

Thank you Laura. Was in the process of posting, advising member pacificdaze that I've forwarded her concerns to you. Hopefully, they will sort this one out.

Hi Wwcruisers,

Thank you for your kind comments. Believe me, I'd love to help Celebrity and Azamara with their website issues... but as you said, it's totally out of my hands. If Celebrity chose to consider my many years of technology and senior management experience (more years than I care to admit LOL), I'm certain that my insights would be of value.

Hi Andy -- good to talk to you again! I see from your count-down clock, that you will be on Eclipse the month before us. I'll be eagerly awaiting your reviews and comments for that one. :cool: Is you charming mom sailing with you? Our Century b2b with you guys (and the whole CC contingent) is one of the best cruises we've ever taken. Please tell Millie that I said "hi".

(Suzanne)

Hi Andy -- good to talk to you again! I see from your count-down clock, that you will be on Eclipse the month before us. I'll be eagerly awaiting your reviews and comments for that one. :cool: Is you charming mom sailing with you? Our Century b2b with you guys (and the whole CC contingent) is one of the best cruises we've ever taken. Please tell Millie that I said "hi".

(Suzanne)

Hi Suzanne,

You are so right. Wasn't the Century back to back wonderful ? I'm sorry that we will not sail on Century one last time, but we are incredibly fortunate to have many wonderful memories !

Yes, Mom will be on our upcoming Eclipse sailing. For me, that's a given. As long as she's able to cruise, (thankfully she's doing very well) Mom will always cruise with me. Our running joke ? Mom and my American Express card have something in common : I don't leave home (for our cruises) without her :)

I'm in the process of creating an entirely new format for my onboard reviews, and I'm very excited about it ! Unfortunately, for technical reasons, I will probably have to host them elsewhere. I'm unsure if I can have the new format ready for our November sailing. If not, I will offer my usual postings here. Either way, I will keep our members informed.

Right after the op reported, I tried ("tested" as I am not on that cruise) registration on my MacBook Pro (latest operating sys) for the same CC party and received the same error although not for our other rollcalls. It also took weeks before I could do the online check-in for the Eclipse 11/23 cruise due to problems I encountered. I had called Captain's Club and they confirmed that there was a known online check-in problem.

Andy, I am happy to read that you will be on the Eclipse 11/23 cruise. Will you have any additional family members with you? Let me know if I can of assistance during the cruise getting something for your mother, helping at the Connections party, helping to respond to Cruise Critic questions, etc.

Suzanne, we'll try to keep the Eclipse in good shape for your sailing. The Century sailings were very special, especially with the "CC contingent" some of whom we met for the first time in person after "knowing" them for years on Cruise Critic.

Kathy