How Much Liquor Can I Bring Onboard?

CruiserTarheel

Oceania Guest Services says none. HAL charges $45 for a quart of J&B Scotch. Oceania charges $100.

So, I'm bringing my own bottle in my carry on bag. Will it be confiscated? If so, this will be my last Oceania cruise. :confused:

So if they take it, that means you're going back to the *dam named ships? :eek:

When I've cruised Celebrity, with a NO liquor policy, I used rum runner brand plastic flasks. Put several in various pieces of luggage in case one was confiscated. All made it through. Actually wound up bringing home liquor. rofl.

For a $100 bottle of scotch they should be giving you Johnny Walker BLUE or at least GOLD.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

They might charge 100 for a bottle of booze but at least the toilet works and the outdoor furniture is not ready for the dumpster. I have never done it but the word is you can bring any and all onboard. It could of changed, maybe a recent cruiser can shed light on it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Oceania Guest Services says none. HAL charges $45 for a quart of J&B Scotch. Oceania charges $100.

So, I'm bringing my own bottle in my carry on bag. Will it be confiscated? If so, this will be my last Oceania cruise. :confused:

If you examine the Oceania Ticket Contract, you may note words to the effect that they "retain" the right to confiscate all alcohol brought on board. This is simply to allow them to take possession of anything that MAY be considered excessive or a threat to the well-being of other passengers.

Many have previously posted here that they have never had any such problems - probably due to the fact that Oceania attracts a responsible type of passenger. If you feel you are one of these, then you too should not have a problem.

We've taken everything from absolutely nothing (bought the beverage package) to two cases of wine & liquor aboard Oceania (enough for six of us traveling together) and had no problem. I've never heard of anyone having an issue.

Rumrunner flasks are great if you're concerned about a bottle breaking in your luggage, but there is absolutely no need to use them on Oceania. Just bring your bottles (wine, beer, spirits) any way that's convenient for you -- checked suitcase, carry-on, purse, paper bag or cardboard box -- whatever works for you. No need to hide anything.

Rumrunner flasks are great if you're concerned about a bottle breaking in your luggage, but there is absolutely no need to use them on Oceania. Just bring your bottles (wine, beer, spirits) any way that's convenient for you -- checked suitcase, carry-on, purse, paper bag or cardboard box -- whatever works for you. No need to hide anything.

You aren't taking into consideration TSA "officials" and baggage handlers once the luggage goes through those floppy black conveyor curtains. Right? :eek:

You aren't taking into consideration TSA "officials" and baggage handlers once the luggage goes through those floppy black conveyor curtains. Right? :eek:

We usually buy our liquor in the port I would never think of packing it for flying...:eek:

We have been on O 16 times, and the last trip our luggage arrived with a sticker that said "alcohol." We had a bottle of scotch in our luggage.

We were really shocked. Hope this is not a sign of times from this great line, but the affiliation with NCL, I suspect it is.

Back to Silver Seas or Crystal.

We have been on O 16 times, and the last trip our luggage arrived with a sticker that said "alcohol." We had a bottle of scotch in our luggage.

We were really shocked. Hope this is not a sign of times from this great line, but the affiliation with NCL, I suspect it is.

Did they take your alcohol or call you to the naughty room???

There is no affiliation with NCL until the ink is dry

I confess that I used a Rum Runner when we did an NCL TA a few years ago. It worked.

With Oceania, I tend to say I'll bring on liquor and then I just don't. But when we boarded in NYC (our home city) I just brought on some bottles without a problem. (On those few occasions when we've been in a top suite where liquor is provided in the suite, we haven't bothered. But our next cruise won't be in that elite category.)

Our next cruise is Lima to NYC, so I may take some bottles -- not much, probably some vodka and 1-2 maybe 3 bottles of wine on using the "jackets" that Magellan sells. Those protect the bottles from damage in transit. If we have a chance, I may buy some in Lima.

But if you're worried about packing liquor in your luggage, look into Magellan's "jackets". They seem to be built for wine, but they work for booze as well.

So far NCl hasn't interfered with O's policy ... it will be interesting to see what happens down the road.

Mura

On our one and only Oceania cruise we did have some rum runners. We actually had them for the land portion before our cruise. There was a strike in that city before our cruise, and we figured we'd have something to drink if we couldn't venture out. We also bought goodies from a food market the day before the strike.

When we boarded we bought the drink package and actually took what was left in our rum runners home.

So far NCl hasn't interfered with O's policy ... it will be interesting to see what happens down the road.

Mura

Mura

I do not think the deal is completed yet ...but maybe in 2015 there will be changes

time will tell

lyn

Not sure what that has to do with bringing alcohol on the ship?

Not sure what that has to do with bringing alcohol on the ship?

Don, think taking the booze from your home airport in your checked baggage and that it all goes thru X-Ray with the possibility of handlers seeing whats in there and the TSA people who might just open your case legally and never know what might magically disappear.

Lyn,

Having worked for lawyers for many years I have an idea how long such a deal takes to get to completion. I said "down the road" ... I doubt anything will happen soon. :)

Mura

Lyn,

Having worked for lawyers for many years I have an idea how long such a deal takes to get to completion. I said "down the road" ... I doubt anything will happen soon. :)

Mura

Dearest Mura ...please read what I quoted from your post again

:D

"So far NCl hasn't interfered with O's policy"

Edited by LHT28

Don, think taking the booze from your home airport in your checked baggage and that it all goes thru X-Ray with the possibility of handlers seeing whats in there and the TSA people who might just open your case legally and never know what might magically disappear.

We have a TSA approved wine shipper, complete with rollers and a towing strap with a clearly marked wine bottle graphic on the top. It's RED and cannot be missed! We use a TSA lock. We have taken full cases on many, many flights and have never lost a bottle to breakage or theft. TSA has often inspected the carrier and they always leave a note inside stating that it has been inspected. It's no big deal.