Reflection to tender at St Thomas

curiouscat

I have cruised over 35 times give or take and have been to St Thomas more times than I can recall... We are taking the Reflection out of Miami Nov 15th and I just noticed we are tendering in St. Thomas... REALLY>... RCCL couldn't get a berth at the dock... I know 2 Carnival ships are in and Disney....

So why is X left to tender???? I have never tendered at this port and find it hard to believe corporate couldn't get a berth for this sailing...:eek:

OK rant over.. I guess it will be spa day !

CC

Look on X's website for your sailing and pull up the itinerary.. it shows whether you're docked or not...

WE are sharing the pier with 2 Carnie ships and a Disney ship.. I say whoever gets their first get's a spot...LOL...

CC

Edited..it shows your sailing as tendering too !

Edited by curiouscat

Look on X's website for your sailing and pull up the itinerary.. it shows whether you're docked or not...

WE are sharing the pier with 2 Carnie ships and a Disney ship.. I say whoever gets their first get's a spot...LOL...

CC

Edited..it shows your sailing as tendering too !

Thanks for that. I was looking at the Itinerary on My Celebrity.

Looks like a boat trip to shore. Shouldn't be so bad as I have a Celebrity Excursion booked.

I have cruised over 35 times give or take and have been to St Thomas more times than I can recall... We are taking the Reflection out of Miami Nov 15th and I just noticed we are tendering in St. Thomas... REALLY>... RCCL couldn't get a berth at the dock... I know 2 Carnival ships are in and Disney....

So why is X left to tender???? I have never tendered at this port and find it hard to believe corporate couldn't get a berth for this sailing...:eek:

OK rant over.. I guess it will be spa day !

CC

according to St thomas site schedule, Reflection will be docked.

Check VINOW dot com site

www dot wico-ltd dot com is a more reliable source of docking info for St. Thomas. November schedule should post early part of the month.

The port can accommodate 7 ships in one day - 3 at Havensight, 2 at Crown Bay 2 and 2 at anchor. As a previous post mentioned, it does depend on size of ships as well as corporate deals with the local authorities as to where ships berth. If it's a super busy day, it might very well be that Reflection will tender, as Eclipse and Equinox did a few times last season. The good news for tenders is they drop right downtown within walking distance of many shopping & dining options.

Have fun!

Agree with those that love tendering here, so convenient to everything.

The Havensite and Crown Bay pier areas will obviously be crowded, and if anyone does choose to stay on the ship, there will be lots to see going on in the harbor area. That's a big plus if you want to relax on your balcony

More times than I want to remember, I have been berthed next to another ship in a port and pretty much unable to use my balcony.

All you can see are the balconies on the other ship, and I have (accidentally) seen some stuff going on over there that should have been behind closed curtains, if you get my drift. Not judging, just saying...

Also... maybe sun worshipers, maybe exhibitionists, who knows, but I have learned to stay inside with the sheers closed.

Sad to say, it's never the George Clooney types out there sunning au natural.. ;)

Enjoy being adrift in Charlotte Amalie harbor.

I can't remember the last time I was on a tender.

For the last several cruises, the tendered stops have always been cancelled due to rough seas :eek:

We've probably most 6 or 7 ports of call over the last few years due to this reason. On the upside, Royal, HAL, and Disney, credit the port charges. I remember when we sailed Carnival dream, we missed our stop at Roatan, and the port charges were never credited. It wasn't until we sailed Grandeur and missed a stop for which port charges were credited ,,,, that I realized that Carnival never gave us the port charges back!

I can't remember the last time I was on a tender.

For the last several cruises, the tendered stops have always been cancelled due to rough seas :eek:

We've probably most 6 or 7 ports of call over the last few years due to this reason. On the upside, Royal, HAL, and Disney, credit the port charges. I remember when we sailed Carnival dream, we missed our stop at Roatan, and the port charges were never credited. It wasn't until we sailed Grandeur and missed a stop for which port charges were credited ,,,, that I realized that Carnival never gave us the port charges back!

You're on our sailing.. I guess we will have to wait and see. I was on Azamara in May and we had tendering in Sorrento... but there are only 600 pax. And we don't have to worry about rough seas at St. Thomas.. typically that is Grand Cayman or the Greek Islands that are notorious for rough seas.

CC

Fingers Crossed! I haven't been following the tropical storms - are there any right now?

I remember when we sailed Sovereign, it was Nov.5 and we were still getting tropical storm carry over. The waters were SO rough .... I remember kneeling in front of the closet looking and all my long dresses were hung, and watching them literally sway from side to side. lol. that was my hubby's very first cruise, and surprisingly, the rough seas didn't scare him away!

Reflection has three port calls in St. Thomas during November 2014 (Nov 4, 18 and 25 - all Tuesdays). The Celebrity website lists all of these as tender ports BUT VInow dot com cruise ship schedule lists all of them as docked at West India/Havensight. VInow is showing only two anchored/tendered ships for the entire month: Westerdam on Wed Nov 12 and Norwegian Gem on Wed Nov 26. I trust VInow a lot more than I trust Celebrity.:rolleyes:

Thom

PS If you only want to go shopping downtown, IMO tendering is much faster, easier and cheaper.

Always like to tender. It is like a free excursion. I also like to see who the staff is on the tenders, the helmsman could be the asst cabin attendent.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

For what it is worth, here is a labeled photo I took of Eclipse when we had to tender at St. Thomas (Jan 8 2014). It was a 6 cruise ship day. At the time the photo was taken, Carnival Conquest was preparing to dock at Crown Bay while Allure of the Seas (also scheduled to dock at Crown Bay) had not yet arrived:

11982162014_4c30a3b08f_b.jpg

Edited by mahdnc