I Know... I know...

The Inspiration is not the fanciest ship.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

It doesn't have the most exciting itinerary. (Catalina/Ensenada)

It's Older

It's a party waiting to happen.

BUT... I am just thankful for the opportunity to be able to take this cruise. To give this and a Disneyland trip (5 total nights plus Mickey's Halloween party) to my wife for her (unspecified) Birthday.

I deploy about every 12-15 months and the time we spend together is whats important. We did the 7 day Dream cruise in December 2013 for a postponed honeymoon trip; sandwiched in between 2 other deployments. We had a blast and enjoyed the ship and it's newness and awesomeness.

I understand that some things can make a cruise less than perfect. Some may even ruin the whole trip. But a day on a cruise ship is still better than a day at work; especially when that work can be doing work in a foreign hot "non" oasis.

So in 3 days we will set sail on the Inspiration. Knowing full well that she isn't the newest or grandest. But for 3 days, she will be ours. And she will be just perfect! God Bless

Thanks for your service.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. We found, when we cruised on the Breeze, that while we enjoyed the "Bells and whistles" that the service was up and down, and my wife is pretty adamant about sticking to the Fantasy class for now as she feels that the size of the ship makes it easier for the crew to provide a great vacation.

First of all thank you for your service and the sacrifices that your family make for you to serve.

Now there is nothing wrong with that 3 day cruise. I am a single mom and was able to take my kids on the 3 day and it was our best vacation ever. Granted my kids are now 21 and 18 but we all had a blast!!

You are correct 3 days on a ship is better than 3 days anywhere!! Have fun at Disneyland, especially the Halloween Party.....it is the best.

It's Older

BUT... I am just thankful for the opportunity to be able to take this cruise. To give this and a Disneyland trip (5 total nights plus Mickey's Halloween party) to my wife for her (unspecified) Birthday.

I deploy about every 12-15 months and the time we spend together is whats important. We did the 7 day Dream cruise in December 2013 for a postponed honeymoon trip; sandwiched in between 2 other deployments. We had a blast and enjoyed the ship and it's newness and awesomeness.

I understand that some things can make a cruise less than perfect. Some may even ruin the whole trip. But a day on a cruise ship is still better than a day at work; especially when that work can be doing work in a foreign hot "non" oasis.

So in 3 days we will set sail on the Inspiration. Knowing full well that she isn't the newest or grandest. But for 3 days, she will be ours. And she will be just perfect! God Bless

Sounds like you've got everything you need for a fabulous time--a great attitude and your DW. With those 2 things, you could have fun anywhere.

Hope you have a wonderful time making memories to take with you when you deploy. And thank you for your service.

Thank you everyone. Proud to serve; been doing it for 18+ years. Not always easy but nothing worth fighting for is. I love reading the reviews and posts, but I always try to form my own opinion and go in with an open mind. Happiness is what we make of it.... and I have everything I need with me for a good time. Thanks for the support and well wishes!!!:)

It's Older

Enjoy Ensenada!!! Go to Hussong's and the taco stand next door to it. Best tacos in Ensenada IMHO!!!

What a lovely post!!

I think your wife is very lucky!!

Nice to hear people counting their blessings instead of complaining!!

I agree 100%!

Thank God for all of you that sacrifice being away from your families in order to keep us all safe.

I have a feeling that you all are going to have a great time, because the "fun" is in you, not waiting for someone else to make your fun for you.

It's Older

This is so nice, TFS with us. I know the guys in uniform sometimes go overboard (LOL, no pun intended, but hey...) with trying to make up for lost time. I know my hubby has done this recently for our family and me. We are so lucky to have you guys in our lives to protect us and love us and shower us with cruises and Disney vacations when you are back safely home! Happy Birthday to your wife and I hope you have the best cruise ever!! We love the Fascination for sentimental reasons and, as you said, any day on a cruise beats a day at work, esp at war or cleaning up after children:) Enjoy every minute together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's Older

One word of caution! Do not sit outside on the Lido deck eating breakfast or lunch when in port. The gulls sit there waiting for you to get up and get a drink of whatever. I've seen them on many occasion swoop down and eat people's breakfast and lunch. They take no prisoners. Then they go take a dump in the kiddie pool. Have a great time!

I absolutely love and appreciate your attitude! Yes, ya'll go and have a wonderful cruise. Each and every ship is an adventure to me. It's not my everyday life going to my everyday job. New surroundings and people---especially people who wait on me hand and foot with a smile!---that's something to enjoy. Oh, I loved the Inspiration! She's perfect size not to run me down walking all over creation!

Wishing you a fabulous cruise!

Edited by Tennessee Rose
additional info

It's Older

HOW EXCITING! yes we do not get the best options out of the west coast but it is what we make of it. A cruise is still a cruise and a few days of not having to cook or clean makes it worth it to me for sure!

And what you planned for your wife is amazing. Now I am thinking I wanna do that for me, hubs and son in about a year or so and combine it with disneyland... fun!!!

Thank you, EVERYONE! Your enthusiasm and appreciation is well received. She grew up in Southern CA and has been to Disney many times.... but never for Mickey's Halloween Party. Combined with her Birthday, this should be a very memorable birthday! Cannot wait to see the Inspiration.... she will be our beauty for 3 nights. ;) Also went froma Riviera to a port hole room; and then 10 days ago upgraded to a Jr. Obstructed Suite for $175 total. Thought it was a good deal and she loves Coffee outside in the morning time. Take care and thanks again for the kind words. 3 more days!!

. .. . I could say I was on your cruise. Your outlook, service to our country and love of family come through so graciously.

Thank you again, from a veteran and proud American. Wish I could order a nice bottle of wine for you and your lucky lady........

Wishing you bright sunshine and smooth seas.

. .. . I could say I was on your cruise. Your outlook, service to our country and love of family come through so graciously.

Thank you again, from a veteran and proud American. Wish I could order a nice bottle of wine for you and your lucky lady........

Wishing you bright sunshine and smooth seas.

Cheers Friend!! I think we would have a grand time on the same voyage.