Celebrity Cruise Air?

yvonneh

Just saw a post on Facebook with a picture of a Celebrity Cruise jet. Looks to me it is going to fly between Cananda to Miami. Has anyone heard about this? Wondering about the plans to expand flights, especially overseas!

Here is the link, but it doesn't show the just pic:

All included Modern Luxury Caribbean vacations from Canada start in the air!

http://*******/1s2QTMy

Almost for certain this is the air for the a number of package deals from Canada in mid winter. Details here. It is a charter, not Celebrity Air.

I wouldn't look for trips to Europe this way. A lot easier to fill a 136 pax 737-300 than a 767/777 jumbo, especially with a half dozen different embarkation points in Europe.

Pretty neat idea for the Caribbean though if the prices are right.

Here is a copy of the ad. They started doing this last year.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/cel_pdf/ottawa-all-inclusive-package.pdf

The price is only OK and you can do it for less $ yourself but it certainly makes things easier. In addition, some of the departure locations do not have direct flights to FLL or MIA so that's a real plus for this program.

I'm guessing the original post is a photo shopped airplane used for some ad/promo.

Here is a copy of the ad. They started doing this last year.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/cel_pdf/ottawa-all-inclusive-package.pdf

The price is only OK and you can do it for less $ yourself but it certainly makes things easier. In addition, some of the departure locations do not have direct flights to FLL or MIA so that's a real plus for this program.

I'm guessing the original post is a photo shopped airplane used for some ad/promo.

Hi there,

This photo is in fact real!

I think it's a great idea for those who want the convenience of all their trip details wrapped up in one easy package --- pretty much stress free. Personally, I really enjoy the planning process, sometimes as much as the actual trip! I love putting together flights, hotels, tours, transfers, really all of it. But, I'm betting that a lot of cruisers would like to see this program expand to the American market.

I think it's a great idea for those who want the convenience of all their trip details wrapped up in one easy package --- pretty much stress free. Personally, I really enjoy the planning process, sometimes as much as the actual trip! I love putting together flights, hotels, tours, transfers, really all of it. But, I'm betting that a lot of cruisers would like to see this program expand to the American market.

I actually really enjoy all the planning too. I have never taken a ship tour or any other tour on a cruise. We like to figure things out on our own, even if it means getting lost and running back to the ship sometimes! :eek:

My first thought when I saw the jet, was thats why prices are much higher for our next planned trip!

It is a really great idea for many people who enjoy all inclusive vacations though.

However, if the price was better on their airline (or charter), I would fly with X!

As stated above it is indeed the real thing...

And was recently posted on Celebrity's Facebook Pg

https://www.facebook.com/celebritycruises

And their website, regarding the Celebrity Canada Charter Service from 6 Canadian Cities this winter on Saturday & Sunday, February thru April

http://www.celebritycruises.com/html...0&&sf5131209=1

And Canadian North (the Airline) does seem to be listing at least one of their 737s as designated as leased out to Celebrity (C-GPNL) as per Plane Spotters... I am guessing this might be the one (or one of several) that as had the paint job

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Canadian-North

Smart idea for Celebrity...

Especially considering how many Canadians go south each winter in the December to April timeframe

Celebrity is making their presence known... And as option

Convenience is a selling point. These AI Charter Pks are competitive price wise... Especially considering the ALL IN features:

Airfare including meal & entertainment (and free baggage)

All transfers

Cruise including taxes & fees

And the 123Go option

Add in the rumored airfare & hotel deals for connecting cities elsewhere in Eastern Canada to the fly out cities... And yes it would be hard to beat

Cheers!

Cheers!

As stated above it is indeed the real thing...

And was recently posted on Celebrity's Facebook Pg

https://www.facebook.com/celebritycruises

And their website, regarding the Celebrity Canada Charter Service from 6 Canadian Cities this winter on Saturday & Sunday, February thru April

http://www.celebritycruises.com/html...0&&sf5131209=1

And Canadian North (the Airline) does seem to be listing at least one of their 737s as designated as leased out to Celebrity (C-GPNL) as per Plane Spotters... I am guessing this might be the one (or one of several) that as had the paint job

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Canadian-North

Smart idea for Celebrity...

Especially considering how many Canadians go south each winter in the December to April timeframe

Celebrity is making their presence known... And as option

Convenience is a selling point. These AI Charter Pks are competitive price wise... Especially considering the ALL IN features:

Airfare including meal & entertainment (and free baggage)

All transfers

Cruise including taxes & fees

And the 123Go option

Add in the rumored airfare & hotel deals for connecting cities elsewhere in Eastern Canada to the fly out cities... And yes it would be hard to beat

Cheers!

Cheers!

Thanks for all the information:D

Does anyone know the costs of the flight from Toronto? I usually start with pricing my flights from Buffalo and then if I can get a good deal ... I will book the flight and then the cruise. For our November sailing, I got the oddest of deals and got a better price from Air Canada out of Toronto than I could get to fly out of BUF.

Wondering if X Air is priced like Air Canada. I'm guessing it would be with the same taxes and charges.

Does anyone know the costs of the flight from Toronto? I usually start with pricing my flights from Buffalo and then if I can get a good deal ... I will book the flight and then the cruise. For our November sailing, I got the oddest of deals and got a better price from Air Canada out of Toronto than I could get to fly out of BUF.

Wondering if X Air is priced like Air Canada. I'm guessing it would be with the same taxes and charges.

Celebrity Air (via Canadian North) is ONLY available as part of the AI Charter Service that Celebrity Canada is running this winter February thru April ... So cannot be bought on a piece-meal basis.

See the Celebrity Website Pg (second link in my post above - Reply # 10 ... That is the "selling location" on the Celebrity Website for these AI Charter Pkgs)

And this extensive posted topic here on CC from earlier this Fall that explained them to other CC Members after concerns were raised on cabin availability / Silhouette & Reflection being almost sold out / prices higher than normal for what was available

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2098310

See my Reply # 15 therein for a full explanation

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add links

Thanks Sloop. Unfortunately, Canadian North is not showing any flights, and as luck would have it .... celebrity's website is down,

We’ll be back shortly...

We’re working right now to improve the site

Ya I saw that when I tested the link I provided...

Which is why I went back in and Edited to add the other discussion topic here on CC

Canadian North won't be showing any flights

As I said this is a Charter. An All-Inclusive Charter (Air - Transfers - Cruise) organized by Celebrity Canada that you have to buy thru Celebrity itself

So you are unfortunately Left with looking at Air Canada, WestJet or flights out of Buffalo.

:( sorry

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

i wonder if you can book these packages on board? I'm sailing in 30 days, and if I decided to book a spring sailing, can they quote flight for me onboard? I know my flight prices, so I can decided on the spot of its a good deal (for me) or not.

I will be happy to report back in 5 weeks to provide an answer, but perhaps the Celebrity rep already knows the answer?

i wonder if you can book these packages on board? I'm sailing in 30 days, and if I decided to book a spring sailing, can they quote flight for me onboard? I know my flight prices, so I can decided on the spot of its a good deal (for me) or not.

I will be happy to report back in 5 weeks to provide an answer, but perhaps the Celebrity rep already knows the answer?

Celebrity Canadian Charter Pkgs, I assume YES.

But your biggest issue may be that they are SOLD OUT... I have heard they were very popular last Winter 2014 (when they were offered in just 1 or 2 markets). Now they are in 8 for 2015... And by all accounts again going fast

As for other options...

Celebrity could sell you a Spring Cruise.

But not sure about Airline Info on the ship... even tho they are hooked up with Choice Air as a Partner

Maybe another CC Member can comment on their experiences

I know we always booked the cruise onboard, and then worked out our flights later (either on our own or with Choice Air)... Mind you we have always booked onboard for cruises long before Final Payment was due

In your situation...

You might want to call Choice Air and get a quote before you cruise for the various options (airlines - dates - fly outs - fly ins) you have in mind.

Then you will have all your facts / ducks in a row for your Onboard Future Cruises Appointment

Cheers!

From what I read, you can only book through a travel agent or directly with Celebrity by phone...no online bookings. It sounds like a really good deal, especially since they include flight ammenities like two free checked bags, meals etc and also include onboard classic drink package and free grats. The flights out of Hamilton would be convenient for us. Too bad we're already booked in Feb on the Eclipse or we'd def be looking into this package.

Please let us know, Queen of Oakville, if you find out more details!

Cathy

From what I read, you can only book through a travel agent or directly with Celebrity by phone...no online bookings. It sounds like a really good deal, especially since they include flight ammenities like two free checked bags, meals etc and also include onboard classic drink package and free grats. The flights out of Hamilton would be convenient for us. Too bad we're already booked in Feb on the Eclipse or we'd def be looking into this package.

Please let us know, Queen of Oakville, if you find out more details!

Cathy

They can be booked online... That caused a ton of confusion here in the past as outlined in this CC topic...

What's with all the Charters = http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2091554

And they continue to show up on the website today as well...

Celebrity - Find A Cruise (Caribbean - February to April 2015) Search Result

http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-search/search-results?isWidget=false&dest=CARIB&sailStartDate=2015-02&sailEndDate=ANY&ship=ANY&port=ANY#isWidget=false&selectedInput=&dest=CARIB&sailStartDate=2015-02&sailEndDate=2015-04&ship=ANY&port=ANY&duration=ANY&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&promoid=&promoType=&promotionTypeId=&priceProgram=&sortBy=7&startRow=0&count=10&cruiseType=CO&cruiseInt=&isCrieriaExcluded=false&portOfCall=&tourCode=&state=&captain_id=&couponCodes=&isSenior=&isMilitary=&isFireandPolice=

Looks like most of the Charters are SOLD OUT, as I predicted

Just a few spots left for a March 1st Cruise on The Silhouette (page 3 of the Search Results) out of YQM - Moncton

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB