CCL stock pretty low at present

LeeW

We've been waiting nearly 6 months to replace the stock we had in a 401k that got rolled over, and rebought this week. For the last few days it has been trading in the $34-35 range, near the 52 week low.

For those interested in getting the stockholder benefit this is a pretty good time to invest. Wish I could have just kept the stock in the 401k, but company would not allow a partial rollover and had to cash out.

Not good as an "investment" but a great time to buy the minimum if you want the stock for the OBC, etc. If I had been on the fence about this one I'd jump on it now.

Depending on the frequency and length of your Princess or Carnival cruises, it is one of the best investments of your money you can find these days. You get $100 a year in dividends even if you don't cruise at all (about a 3% return on your money automatically, no matter the stock price). You will not lose one penny IF you never sell it. Even if it goes down to half its current price, it still will generate money for you each time you cruise.

Depending on the frequency and length of your Princess or Carnival cruises, it is one of the best investments of your money you can find these days. You get $100 a year in dividends even if you don't cruise at all (about a 3% return on your money automatically, no matter the stock price). You will not lose one penny IF you never sell it. Even if it goes down to half its current price, it still will generate money for you each time you cruise.

Yes, I'm with you on this but there are often those who chime in regarding the long term investment potential, etc. That's why i put "investment" in quotes. For myself, I don't intend to sell the stock so I don't worry about the potential other than the OBC and the small dividends. The money I spent on the stock was earning something like 0.9% and, once I had purchased the stock, I got an immediate pay back of $250 on a Hawaiian cruise and have been getting dividends and OBC since then.

Read a recent article about CCL price predictions for the near future. The author said with great certainty and lots for confidence that there were three possibilities for the price:

1. It could same about the same,

2. It could go down or

3. It could go up.

Hard to argue with that.

Edited by Cruz-OR

Read a recent article about CCL price predictions for the near future. The author said with great certainty and lots for confidence that there were three possibilities for the price:

2. It could go down or

3. It could go up.

Hard to argue with that.

:D Typical advice! Cover your bases...

CCL closed today at $34.41.

That is because I bought it last week at $35.85.

I plan to hold it.

Expect the price to continue to drop.

Ira

Too funny! Been wanting to get some too but a bit on the fence about wanting to tie up that money when I could be getting a whopping 2% at the bank. ;) (joking of course!)

2. It could go down or

3. It could go up.

Hard to argue with that.

Now, that is a wise sage. Hard to predict the future. I also wish I bought Apple or Microsoft way back when. Who needs Las Vegas?

:D Typical advice! Cover your bases...

Too funny! Been wanting to get some too but a bit on the fence about wanting to tie up that money when I could be getting a whopping 2% at the bank. ;) (joking of course!)

Really, if you buy at around $34, the dividends will return nearly 3% and the OBC for 100 shares is on top of that. Maybe time to pull the trigger !!!

2. It could go down or

3. It could go up.

Hard to argue with that.

That advice goes along with a sports commentator who said "You can't win if you keep losing." :rolleyes:

According to another thread I read, the only reason this stock has gone down is because of the new smoking policy. ;)

Along with the general market decline, travel stocks including CCL and RCL and airlines have fallen recently due to fears of less profit because of expected drops in travel due to ebola fears. It does not matter that CCL and RCCL had extremely few cruises scheduled for that part of Africa and will change those itineraries.

I've been with one of the better-known Wall Street companies for 25 years now. I've always found it funny that I'm the only one who can't comment on a stock even though I have access to presumably pretty good information.

I've owned CCL for years, although this should not be construed as a recommendation of any form.

One thing I will say generically is that I hope today's lower fuel prices will help the bottom line of companies that use a lot of fuel. Only time will tell, I suppose.

My guess is we are going to see all mass travel stocks tank soon with the likely upcoming ebola scare, we started seeing it some today with airline stocks. Just wait until the number of ebola cases in the US gets into the double and triple digits, which at the rate things are going with the mismanagement at the CDC, etc will be in a matter of weeks.

We've been waiting nearly 6 months to replace the stock we had in a 401k that got rolled over, and rebought this week. For the last few days it has been trading in the $34-35 range, near the 52 week low.

For those interested in getting the stockholder benefit this is a pretty good time to invest. Wish I could have just kept the stock in the 401k, but company would not allow a partial rollover and had to cash out.

Makes you wonder????