Waiting for Refund

Hello I cancelled a 5 night cruise on Explorer of the seas last Wed. Royal Caribbean stated 3 to 5 days on a refund. I called yesterday and they stated there was a problem transferring money to bank and it would be another 3 to 5 days. Has anyone had problems with refund from Royal Caribbean with refund??:confused:

We usually see the refund in 5-10 days. I've read that if you the original credit card used is no longer valid, that will cause problems.

No that's not the problem it was a debit card. They stated that it was paid over 3 installments might have been part of the problem. I don't mind waiting another 3 to 5 just want to make sure I get it back though.:o

Credits are processed exactly the same way for a Debit Visa and a Credit Visa. They issue a credit using the card number, they don't transfer money directly into your checking account.

RCI has created the problem, it has nothing to do with the card unless the number is wrong or it's expired.

Hello I cancelled a 5 night cruise on Explorer of the seas last Wed. Royal Caribbean stated 3 to 5 days on a refund. I called yesterday and they stated there was a problem transferring money to bank and it would be another 3 to 5 days. Has anyone had problems with refund from Royal Caribbean with refund??:confused:

Keep chasing them. I cancelled a cruise on 4 Aug and was promised my refund of £637 within 3 to 4 days. Nearly 5 weeks later and I was still waiting. I was fobbed off with many excuses and it was always ' Sorry, it's been authorised but there's been a problem with transferring to my bank/accounts dept problem/finance cut off dates etc etc etc... I was so angry in the end that I emailed Adam Goldstein direct. Within 4 hours one of his representatives in Florida rang me here in England apologising profusely and assuring me that it would immediately be sorted. She rang again the following day to say the refund had been processed and it was actually back into my credit card the day after.

If your refund doesn't show within the next couple of days don't wait any longer. Go to the top!

Keep chasing them. I cancelled a cruise on 4 Aug and was promised my refund of £637 within 3 to 4 days. Nearly 5 weeks later and I was still waiting. I was fobbed off with many excuses and it was always ' Sorry, it's been authorised but there's been a problem with transferring to my bank/accounts dept problem/finance cut off dates etc etc etc... I was so angry in the end that I emailed Adam Goldstein direct. Within 4 hours one of his representatives in Florida rang me here in England apologising profusely and assuring me that it would immediately be sorted. She rang again the following day to say the refund had been processed and it was actually back into my credit card the day after.

If your refund doesn't show within the next couple of days don't wait any longer. Go to the top!

Go to the top -- that's interesting advice.

Royal refunds will go back on your credit/debit card and be visible online in 3 days. There are two exceptions -- first, if the refund is over $10,000 which means a supervisor needs to approve as well. Second, your booking was part of a group booking which means extra work has to be done so the system will refund. It's all automated so the only excuse other than above is computer malfunction which is very unlikely. Virtually all RCCL payments and refunds are totally automated with no human involvement whatsoever.

No that's not the problem it was a debit card. They stated that it was paid over 3 installments might have been part of the problem. I don't mind waiting another 3 to 5 just want to make sure I get it back though.:o

I have used debit/visa cards and gotten a refund twice for 2 different cruises ..there were multiple payments...got the refunds within 3 days tops but the refunds were for each individual payment, not the total in one lump sum. I didn't care, as long as the total was correct, which it was.

The 3 to 5 days are business days, Monday to Friday.

Virtually all RCCL payments and refunds are totally automated with no human involvement whatsoever.

You have seen Royal's website and the plethora of issues it has on a weekly basis, right? I would trust a human doing it over their system of failures any day!

Wow that's what they told me almost word for word!

• 2 weeks later...
Go to the top -- that's interesting advice.

Royal refunds will go back on your credit/debit card and be visible online in 3 days. There are two exceptions -- first, if the refund is over $10,000 which means a supervisor needs to approve as well. Second, your booking was part of a group booking which means extra work has to be done so the system will refund. It's all automated so the only excuse other than above is computer malfunction which is very unlikely. Virtually all RCCL payments and refunds are totally automated with no human involvement whatsoever.

That is not true.My travel agent said he booked me, "all set ready to go" was his words.

I checked two weeks later and there was no reservation. I booke dthe cruise myself with Royal, he takes the liberty of booking the cruise again with out tellng or asking me. He calls royal, gets a confirmation number, Royal say 7-10 days. I wait 8 and contact credit ard company to dispute. I smell a rat.

He calls Monday they say yes it is in the works, you will get in 7- 10 days!! He says thats what you told me 9 days ago!!!

Then they told him it will not be refunded in total but in 2-4 segments!! Lady says sorry that is what the accounting team does?????????????