princess coupon book

gizmodog

I found it to be utterly useless. I'm told there used to be a 2-for-1 coffee card coupon years ago but it is no longer in the coupon book. If you spend about a zillion dollars onboard you will get a benefit but...

The coupon book usually has lots of offers that I don't partake of, like a 10% off coupon for the jewelry shop. There are offers that if you wait long enough, there will be a day that there is an "onboard special" listed in the Patter. I end up throwing our coupon book in the garbage.

We've had the regular coupon book in our cabin - I think everyone gets this and it has always been useless to us. The only one we ever used was given by our TA, I believe, and it used to have the 2-for-1 coffee card (no longer included) and the 2-for-1 on the slot tournament entry fee. That was the only coupon I used!

There is a definite consensus that the coupon books are useless. I found the same thing on Holland America. Wonder why they keep printing the silly things? :confused: Perhaps advertisers foot the bill?

Yes, you are right ... the advertisers do pay for them according to a woman on a cruise with us who was the representative from her jewelry company. Also, they pay for those glossy ad pages we often get with the Patter.

LuLu

There is a definite consensus that the coupon books are useless. I found the same thing on Holland America. Wonder why they keep printing the silly things?

Because "book this cruise and each passenger will get a coupon book worth over $300" helps to sell cruises.