What Happened Suite OBC for 9 Months Out Bookings?

slapulator

Last week I started tracking a cruise out of Tampa in 10/15 and the $300 Suite OBC was listed, I have been waiting for the next DASH sale which should hit in the next week or two if they keep to normal NCL promo rotations to combine the OBC's but when I checked today all reference on the website to 9 month suite OBC is gone. Any ideas on what happened and if it gone for good or if NCL is about to roll out something new?

Last week I started tracking a cruise out of Tampa in 10/15 and the $300 Suite OBC was listed, I have been waiting for the next DASH sale which should hit in the next week or two if they keep to normal NCL promo rotations to combine the OBC's but when I checked today all reference on the website to 9 month suite OBC is gone. Any ideas on what happened and if it gone for good or if NCL is about to roll out something new?

I planning to book the Jewel next month and I am not seeing it for the November 2015 sailings on the Jewel either:( But I have seen where the Suite Sale has been coming and going frequently well after the 9 month thing. I moved to a suite on my up coming November sailing WELL after final payment and got the $300.00 I would just hold tight and wait, it is bound to reappear ;) You just have to hold you breath a short time and NCL will have another sale :D

Again, as of five minutes ago I did a mock booking for 11/15 out of Tampa. It clearly gave me the $300 suite OBC. Not sure where everyone is looking, but I get it every time I try.

It was gone while they were doing the 10% off as they could not be combined.

Edited by rvsullivan

rvsullivan, can you post a screenshot of the summary of charges showing the OBC listed in the detail? I have done mock bookings everyday this week and it is not listed anymore. I see the pictures on the categorys still have the OBC graphic along with the text in the description but it does not show in the summary of charges which is the only thing that matters for proof to NCL when you go to get it.

Again, as of five minutes ago I did a mock booking for 11/15 out of Tampa. It clearly gave me the $300 suite OBC. Not sure where everyone is looking, but I get it every time I try.

It was gone while they were doing the 10% off as they could not be combined.

I have spoke with NCL and the Suite $300 credit will be an on and off promotion just like Dash Sale and will probably occur during Dash Sale and one can book a Suite with just a few weeks from sailing and get it. NCL is in error with their web site graphics stating you will receive $300 per cabin SBC and that does need to be corrected. But if you are booking more than 9 months out just wait a few weeks and the Suite SBC promotion will reappear and as long as the price has not changed then they will add the SBC.

I have spoke with NCL and the Suite $300 credit will be an on and off promotion just like Dash Sale and will probably occur during Dash Sale and one can book a Suite with just a few weeks from sailing and get it. NCL is in error with their web site graphics stating you will receive $300 per cabin SBC and that does need to be corrected. But if you are booking more than 9 months out just wait a few weeks and the Suite SBC promotion will reappear and as long as the price has not changed then they will add the SBC.

So I wonder how this is going to affect suite booking? We always book early to get the $300 OBC, but if there is no OBC what is the point of booking early besides getting the room you want.

I personally think over all the Haven Suites are not selling like they were in the beginning which was why they decided to change the Suite On Board Credit offer to make it when ever they need it. I sail in less than three weeks and half of the Haven Suites are still available. I am in category SF and would like to get an offer to upsell to one of the Havens. Of course The Mysterious Reassignment Desk is impossible to reach and the Reps claim they have notated my file that I am interested. Up till about 10 days ago they were still offering the $300.00 Suite OBC. The price of the H4 has dropped about $1200 PP which is only $700 PP more than I paid for the SF which had also dropped $500 PP when I grabbed it. I considered taking it but they told me I would lose the $300 OBC :eek: To me that was not a deal then so hoping they call comes in about a week for an offer.

I personally think over all the Haven Suites are not selling like they were in the beginning which was why they decided to change the Suite On Board Credit offer to make it when ever they need it. I sail in less than three weeks and half of the Haven Suites are still available. I am in category SF and would like to get an offer to upsell to one of the Havens. Of course The Mysterious Reassignment Desk is impossible to reach and the Reps claim they have notated my file that I am interested. Up till about 10 days ago they were still offering the $300.00 Suite OBC. The price of the H4 has dropped about $1200 PP which is only $700 PP more than I paid for the SF which had also dropped $500 PP when I grabbed it. I considered taking it but they told me I would lose the $300 OBC :eek: To me that was not a deal then so hoping they call comes in about a week for an offer.

We are also waiting for an upsell, but our cruise is not until January. There are still 5 Haven suites open on our sailing. We received the call last year and went from an SF to an Owner's suite. Since we have never had an aft suite, I am looking forward to it, but if the upsell fairy calls, I might need to re-consider my decision.

Hope you come back an let us know about your cruise from Houston

OK, here I am again. Egg on face. My first two post were after talking to my PCC who continually assured me that the $300 was still there. Today I talked to NCL Miami who say it is just another promotion now and no way to tell when it might reappear. Thought I had good info. Sorry! I think it's a big mistake on NCL's part, but we will see. Certainly takes away the incentive for booking too early.

NCL noobie here. Is this suite bonus only for full suites or does it apply to mini-suites also? TIA!

Welcome to NCL. A "mini-suite" is not a suite, despite the name; it gets no suite perks or credits. It's really a deluxe balcony, and NCL has created a great deal of confusion by using the "mini-suite" name.

Full suites in the past, not minis.
Welcome to NCL. A "mini-suite" is not a suite, despite the name; it gets no suite perks or credits. It's really a deluxe balcony, and NCL has created a great deal of confusion by using the "mini-suite" name.

I kind of thought so but it doesn't hurt to check. ;) Thank you both! :)