Color Printing of the Luggage Tags

I don't currently have a printer! Mine broke and hasn't been replaced ( I really don't use a printer very often ) I usually print stuff at work (my work is awesome!!) but the work printer is black and white, they don't get the colored ink.

It says to print them with colored ink, so how bad is it if I print it in black and white? Will they still be able to tell where my bags go? Or should I start finding someone to print off color tags for me?

FedEx-Kinkos will print them for you for very little cost. You will need to create an account online (free), select your location, upload your docs you want printed and pick them up. I usually send all my cruise docs and have them print 4 luggage tags and it only costs 3-4 dollars.

My luggage tags are a big part of the planning excitement :D I therefore drive the few miles to Office Depot and get them printed in color. The paper they use is of excellent quality too. I love holding those color printed tags! (I know, it must be a sign that I am a true cruise addict... Did I just admit to that???:D)

I always use color, I dont use my printer very often and mind broke two years ago and I got a 39$ printer from Future Shop and print them off. two years later still have color in my ribbon. But i do know when they put a tag on my water at the port they have color tags.

Seriously? What are you worried about? You don't even NEED to print luggage tags, as the porters will happily and quickly apply them at the curb. But you fear that if you don't print them in color something is going to happen? This is one of the dumbest issues that seems to just get beaten to death around here. Print them, don't print them. Use color, use black and white. Laminate them, use a plastic sleeve, use tape. Show up with nothing and let the porters deal with it.

I think the next person who asks a question about a luggage tag should be billed a "lack of common sense" fee....

Seriously? What are you worried about? You don't even NEED to print luggage tags, as the porters will happily and quickly apply them at the curb. But you fear that if you don't print them in color something is going to happen? This is one of the dumbest issues that seems to just get beaten to death around here. Print them, don't print them. Use color, use black and white. Laminate them, use a plastic sleeve, use tape. Show up with nothing and let the porters deal with it.

I think the next person who asks a question about a luggage tag should be billed a "lack of common sense" fee....

I was just curious as to whether or not you have an opinion on the people who annoy themselves by opening threads on one of the dumbest issues that keeps getting beaten to death around here? Maybe a good place to apply the "lack of common sense" fee?

The porter have REAL tags...not the homemade ones...

but they are no color either.

and you have to rely that they can write well

Want color and no printer-go to kinkos or someplace that prints color prints.

Should only cost $.50 or so depending on how many copies.

• 2 weeks later...

The tags have info on how to print them. It says that printing in color is preferred. Even Royal is in on the discussion of if you should print in color. It only makes sense that after reading that, a person might worry about it. And when message board people worry or have a question, they go to the boards.

I wondered it, too. My printer is messed up and prints everything all pink and orange and streaky. I decided not to worry. Last January I bought those cute plastic tag holders and then didn't use them. I wanted to use them this time. So I printed out my sad faded tags. Would have done it in bw but the instructions said that color was preferred.

I asked the porter when we got there if it would be OK or if I needed replacements from them. They said the tags were fine. And they were.

The porter have REAL tags...not the homemade ones...

Because if you don't use the "REAL tags" :rolleyes: your bags won't make it to your cabin and may not even make it on the ship. :eek: [/sARCASM]

Another benefit of the "homemade" tags... when you're at your pre-cruise hotel or waiting for a shuttle, they'll identify other cruisers on your ship. Those of you who are outgoing can use that information to make friends before even getting to the port.

Because if you don't use the "REAL tags" :rolleyes: your bags won't make it to your cabin and may not even make it on the ship. :eek: [/sARCASM]

Another benefit of the "homemade" tags... when you're at your pre-cruise hotel or waiting for a shuttle, they'll identify other cruisers on your ship. Those of you who are outgoing can use that information to make friends before even getting to the port.

Actually, you can forget the sarcasm as you very much hit, at least my, nail on the head. On our past cruise on Allure the porter put tags on our bags. My bag did not show up until VERY late. Apparently the tag had come off as the one that was on the bag on arrival was NOT the same one the porter put on it. I suspect that having my name and address on my bag gave the staff a way to identify the name on the bag with a passenger on Allure and they got the bag to my cabin.

I was quite relieved to see the bag as it had gotten late and I was having thoughts of a week aboard the ship with almost none of my belongings.

Seriously? Why would you be so rude? You don't even NEED to post that nonsense. How about your rude comments get billed as a "rude" fee.