Which would you choose?

herdfans4

Trying to decide between Allure 7 day eastern vs independence 8 day eastern. We have been on oasis twice and freedom once. We love oasis class and Central Park. But IOS stops at labadee which we love as well and two new places for us (st kitts and Puerto Rico). Cost is almost exactly the same for our dates so not a factor. Which would you do? Thoughts?

The Oasis-class is by far and away my favorite class, however I would always choose the longer cruise, even if it is only for one more day.

Plus you have sailed both classes already and have two new ports to look forward to. I would take the Independence.

I had the same choice - I picked Indy because of Labadee. Love Labadee!

The Indy route is awesome, in my opinion - St. Marten, St. Kitts, San Juan, Labadee - 4 stops is really nice. All docks - no tenders.

Plus, it's an extra day.

Having been on both as well, I have to agree with all previous posters and would vote for the additional day at the same cost. The perks or additional space on the Allure is nice, but that extra day and two additional new ports trumps it. So you don't get to walk through Central Park at night, just stroll through the Promenade. Just think on Day 7 you can say, hey we don't have to get off tomorrow and we have one more day!

I vote for the IOS we have been on Independence, Allure and Oasis multiple times and I love the Independence 8 day itinerary. We will be on the Independence next month for 15 days doing back to back sailings. And yes it is 15 days not 14.

We did the 8 day Indy last December and loved it for all the reasons mentioned by others. Another advantage of the Indy itinerary is that most cell phone rates for San Juan are same as US and so we had no extra phone or data charges in that port. So the day we were in San Juan was a great chance to catch up on things at home without spending any extra money. We could talk on our cell phones while we were en route to various tourist spots in the city so we didn't really feel like it took away from our time enjoying the port.

We have also done Oasis (7 night)...but have done the 8 nighter on both Indy & Liberty many times...love the 8 nighter what a difference that extra night seems to make...and I actually prefer the Freedom class ships.

Trying to decide between Allure 7 day eastern vs independence 8 day eastern. We have been on oasis twice and freedom once. We love oasis class and Central Park. But IOS stops at labadee which we love as well and two new places for us (st kitts and Puerto Rico). Cost is almost exactly the same for our dates so not a factor. Which would you do? Thoughts?

I will take the extra day every time if the price is about the same. I also agree that Indy has the better port stops. Seems to me it gives you a win-win situation. Lets Go Mountaineers & Herd !

Thanks everyone for the great responses. So excited to get home from work and see all the great replied. Seems unanimous for IOS. I am excited to get the extra day and we loved Labadee. Seems like a no brainier after reading everyone's comments but we loved oasis. Most likely we go on it another day.

Thanks everyone for the great responses. So excited to get home from work and see all the great replied. Seems unanimous for IOS. I am excited to get the extra day and we loved Labadee. Seems like a no brainier after reading everyone's comments but we loved oasis. Most likely we go on it another day.

There you go. Independence this time, Oasis next time. Problem solved.