Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) for 2015

Gallivanting Souls

I have booked my son and DIL for the BVE for Jan 17th same sailing as DH & I are going. I have printed out the confirmation (had Princess CC me a copy). The woman on phone told me that our reservation number is connected to this BVE. No where in this confirmation email or my booking does it say anything about <--> My confirmation number or their BVE. When I called Princess back last night, I got a woman who told me that my travel agent would have to call. She could not even talk to me! Argh....

What's wrong with these people. Do I really have to keep bugging my travel agent for stupid stuff like this???

Also, I also her if my pre-paid gratuities were listed in my reservation? Again, she said my TA would have to call.

Anyone?

I have booked my son and DIL for the BVE for Jan 17th same sailing as DH & I are going. I have printed out the confirmation (had Princess CC me a copy). The woman on phone told me that our reservation number is connected to this BVE. No where in this confirmation email or my booking does it say anything about <--> My confirmation number or their BVE. When I called Princess back last night, I got a woman who told me that my travel agent would have to call. She could not even talk to me! Argh....

What's wrong with these people. Do I really have to keep bugging my travel agent for stupid stuff like this???

Also, I also her if my pre-paid gratuities were listed in my reservation? Again, she said my TA would have to call.

Anyone?

Yes, if you book with a travel agent, then they have to call on all financial matters. That's just the way it is. You could keep calling back and maybe you'll get someone willing to bend the rules... :rolleyes: As for the cross-reference, that doesn't show up on confirmations. And again, your TA will have to call and verify. If they have access to POLAR, they should be able to see it themselves...

Yay our Star 4/19 sailing will have one! I was hoping it would, as then I can ask my MIL to drive us and stay and have lunch. Any input on whether it is worth it to bring our DS7? He will be staying with grandparents while we are gone, but cruising with us in the future.

We did the BVE in August (without him) so I know what to expect, and know he will be bored, but if we purchase FCC, he, as a future 3rd passenger, would be eligible, right?

Anyone?

We had our cruise booked with a TA. My daughter did the BVE. I made 3 phone calls to Princess about the BVE and 2 about OBC. Never was I told my TA had to call. I think it just depends on who the phone is answered by. The Princess rep emailed me a confirmation of our OBC which we brought with us. I would call again.

Edited by janetz

Yes, if you book with a travel agent, then they have to call on all financial matters. That's just the way it is. You could keep calling back and maybe you'll get someone willing to bend the rules... :rolleyes: As for the cross-reference, that doesn't show up on confirmations. And again, your TA will have to call and verify. If they have access to POLAR, they should be able to see it themselves...

I was never told this. Every call I made, the Princess rep always answered my questions and had no problem sending confirmations that I needed. ;)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting the 2015 dates!

I am looking forward to booking some dates for my wife and in out of San Francisco or possibly LA.

We are loving cruising Princess and have taken 5 since getting married last September. We are now expecting our first child, and so we figure we won't be able to cruise as easily for a while, and definitely not again this year because of Princess' limitations to cruising after a certain week of pregnancy ... so the BVEs are a perfect way for us to get on board for at least an afternoon, bring family or friends with us, and build up credit toward our next trip :D

• 2 weeks later...
I went to One Source and cannot pull up the list without logging in. It looks like you need to be an Agency to register. Frustrating. I am getting the standard "call back later" answer from Princess. I am interested in the Feb 7 out of San Francisco. Any idea if it is available?

I know for a FACT that the Feb 7th is available, because we've already booked three of our adult daughters to join us. Can't wait!

Never have done a BVE but wanting to invite DD and her husband for a BVE before our cruise in March. They would also have our granddaughter with them. She will be 2 months old, an infant in arms. Is this doable? Please say Yes!

Has anyone experienced BVE on the Regal out of Ft Lauderdale? We have my brother signed up since he is taking us and another couple to the port. I've read conflicting reports where the reservations need to be linked with his in order to be able to board early with him. I actually booked through a travel agent but was able to call Princess about the BVE and reserve it with them. The person did tell me it was not necessary to link the reservations. Am worried that we may get there and not be able to board with my brother.

We've got BVEs in SFO for our DS and his DW as a thank you for taking us to/from the pier from their home East of SFO.

They love cruising, too, and the 4 hours we all had on board the Grand were, well, grand. They got to see our suite, we had a very nice lunch in the MDR, and we toured the ship on our own (as we knew the layout from our CB cruise the year before).

And for the BVE price we couldn't have gotten lunch at a run-of-the-mill restaurant in the city's pier area.

The only bad part of BVE is they had to get off the ship. We would have loved them being with us for the cruise.

But as we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge we learned to cope and press on with our cruise... :- )

Wow that is awesome. Where did you see/hear this?

Our daughter did the BVE in when we sailed. She brought on one bottle. I had read about here on CC and was told when booking the BVE it was allowed. That was in October.

Our daughter did the BVE in when we sailed. She brought on one bottle. I had read about here on CC and was told when booking the BVE it was allowed. That was in October.

Thanks. Just love cruise critic :)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked our friends (2013) for the BVE on the Grand Princess out of San Francisco. Their reservations and ours were linked so that we were allowed to board at 11 am with them. Was wonderful.

For anyone who has access to the site that agents use ... can you copy and paste the info (cost, what it includes) for me, please. I saw the schedule earlier in the thread and one of the cruises we are considering out of Seattle is listed. I want to do some number crunching to see if it will be doable for our friends that live there. Thanks. I think we paid $39 in 2013 and it included lunch with wine, photo, and ???

Thank you for the help.

I just found the answer on the Princess site to my questions about BVE:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread so am asking my questions in hopes that someone will know more than Princess reps.

I am interested in the Crown Princess BVE on April 25 (yes, I know I am running out of time).

I know it is still $39.00

I could not get a straight answer to my question. I already have a cruise booked for this fall. Will I be able to apply the $39 to my final payment?

The verbiage says "future Princess cruise". It does not clarify if it needs to be a "new" booking.

Thank you very much for your input.

I could not get a straight answer to my question. I already have a cruise booked for this fall. Will I be able to apply the $39 to my final payment?

The verbiage says "future Princess cruise". It does not clarify if it needs to be a "new" booking.

Thank you very much for your input.

Hi Renee. Pretty sure the answer is NO.

You have to use it for a cruise you have not booked until after the BVE.

So Sorry.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here done a BVE in Seattle? I have family members interested in touring Emerald Princess or Ruby Princess and I had some questions particular to this location:

- where do you park, and is there a charge for parking if you're not cruising

- can they as newbies skip the MDR lunch and just tour the ship on their own, then eat in the buffet

Thanks in advance for your help!

:D

Unless they do it differently than in other ports, they could skip the MDR lunch and tour the ship on their own. However, if they have not cruised before they might want to take the tour to get an understanding of the layout of the ship, and to be able to get any questions they think of answered.