RCI shareholder benefit received

Happy_Traveler_2008

Although l've read that the RCI shareholder credit cannot be combined with other promotions like 123 Go, I decided to contact them to see if I can still get the credit. I'm very happy to get an email response from RCI today that I'll receive a $250 onboard credit with my upcoming Celebrity cruise. Hope they don't contact me again and tell me they are mistaken! It doesn't hurt to try!

Although l've read that the RCI shareholder credit cannot be combined with other promotions like 123 Go, I decided to contact them to see if I can still get the credit. I'm very happy to get an email response from RCI today that I'll receive a $250 onboard credit with my upcoming Celebrity cruise. Hope they don't contact me again and tell me they are mistaken! It doesn't hurt to try!

Wow! I wasn't even going to try.....maybe I will now.

Are you booked with TA or direct with Celebrity?

Edited by takemewithyou

While I'm happy for you, I think their inconsistency really stinks. The ONLY thing we had was a loyalty discount, and we were turned down for the shareholder credit.

I'm just shaking my head trying to figure out why or why not they extend it.

especially since HAL (I know Carnival parent company) usually lets you combine their stockholder credit with other deals. Although they only give $100 for anything under 14 days and $250 for 14 days or more. We have stock in both RCL and Carnival.

I always submit the request. I never expect to get it granted if I have any other perk, promotion or discount, and am sometimes surprised. Though usually get what I expected, a "no".

Clearly the benefit is intended for use ONLY when no other perks or discounts are available, so I have no issue with the denial in most cases.

I think I read somewhere that Celebrity will combine 123Go/PYP with one other discount such as FCC or shareholder - but not both.

I hope it is true since I'm sailing next year on the Equinox with the PYP promo and plan on requesting shareholder OBC.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I truly think the shareholder benefit should always be completely separate and in addition to any other perk. It is not a "free" perk...you are putting up your own money to buy the stock, at the risk of financial loss.

For that you should be rewarded separately from any other perk Celebrity decides to grant with any booking.

I always submit the request. I never expect to get it granted if I have any other perk, promotion or discount, and am sometimes surprised. Though usually get what I expected, a "no".

Clearly the benefit is intended for use ONLY when no other perks or discounts are available, so I have no issue with the denial in most cases.

You are correct but Carnival doesn't have the stipulations that RCL has. When everything else is equal it makes more sense to go with a CCL cruise line than one from RCL if you own stock in both companies.

My recommendation: always request the stockholder OBC and let them determine if you get it. Don't try to understand the rules, don't try to figure out what's combinable, don't ask if you should apply for the credit...just submit the very simple request and see what happens. We get the credit 60-70% of our cruises and we book through a very large TA that uses group rates and other perks to sweeten the deal.

Then how/why did the OP get it combined with other OBC? I really think Celebrity needs to clarify this for all of us.

The OP didn't actually say that Celebrity confirmed they were combined.

I had an I suspect similar situation where it was approved, but apparently their approval was done before the 123 work was processed (this was early on, where admin was a bit of a mess). When I got onboard I only got the 123 offer, despite the earlier confirmation, as Head office only send the one payment to the ship. I was okay with that since that's what the rules are.

I suspect the OP will find the same, since you only receive the benefit when HO notify the ship of the credit at sailing time, and they know what the rules are.

The OP didn't actually say that Celebrity confirmed they were combined.

I had an I suspect similar situation where it was approved, but apparently their approval was done before the 123 work was processed (this was early on, where admin was a bit of a mess). When I got onboard I only got the 123 offer, despite the earlier confirmation, as Head office only send the one payment to the ship. I was okay with that since that's what the rules are.

I suspect the OP will find the same, since you only receive the benefit when HO notify the ship of the credit at sailing time, and they know what the rules are.

This is certainly a possibility. I won't know for sure if I'm receiving the onboard credit until I board in December. Will report back if I didn't get the credit.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I truly think the shareholder benefit should always be completely separate and in addition to any other perk. It is not a "free" perk...you are putting up your own money to buy the stock, at the risk of financial loss.

For that you should be rewarded separately from any other perk Celebrity decides to grant with any booking.

I couldn't agree more! Holding stock is an investment in the company. It is not a perk.

I was turned down for the share holder credit because I used the Diamond discount. Seems unfair !

They have too many policies restricting use of stockholders credit. I will be traveling with a friend for my next Celebrity cruise. We are both stockholders and they won't give both of us credit. They only apply will only apply one $250 credit (2 week cruise)to our booking.

Marion

They have too many policies restricting use of stockholders credit. I will be traveling with a friend for my next Celebrity cruise. We are both stockholders and they won't give both of us credit. They only apply will only apply one $250 credit (2 week cruise)to our booking.

Marion

Although my husband and I are both shareholders, we've never asked for $250 each for our 2 week cruises. We understood that the credit is per cabin, not per person. It would be nice if it were otherwise.:)

Marion

As above, that's because the OBC is per cabin, not per person. This is the same as other OBCs that are offered. They are not offered on a per person basis. It would be inconsistent if they were.