Free cruise...Legit?

hancock

I just got a letter supposedly from Royal Caribbean offering us a free cruise. It is from Travel Trends claiming to be a representative of RC. I'm thinking that this is not legitimate. Any one know for sure?

Thanks!

I just got a letter supposedly from Royal Caribbean offering us a free cruise. It is from Travel Trends claiming to be a representative of RC. I'm thinking that this is not legitimate. Any one know for sure?

Thanks!

Wow, make sure you give them your CC number.:rolleyes: Only kidding did you Google the name?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/prt-travel-dba-gt-trends/chico-california-95928/prt-travel-dba-gt-trends-mlm-associate-travel-agent-ripoff-scam-chico-california-155705

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Thanks!

I've tried google and did not get anything on "Travel Trends" or "Free cruises Travel Trends". That should cause all sorts of alarm bells to ring.

Are you sure it says they represent Royal Caribbean International? Or just RC? Or even Caribbean Cruises?

Try google for "caribbean free cruise". You'll get a lot of hits on a cruise company that calls themselves "Caribbean Cruises". I'm sure the similarities between names is just a coincidence and is not designed to mislead people.

Oh, and please let us know what RCI says.

Bottom line. May I suggest you call RCI and ask if they know anything about this. If it's legitimate, they should be aware.

Edited by RocketMan275

Seems I win a cruise at least once a week, with my home phone or cell phone or at my desk phone at work. I find it hard to believe someone is going to give someone a free cruise. I know we were in St Thomas and some guy wanted us to do some scratch card thing and then we would get a free cruise but they wanted us to talk about time shares. I got zero interst in that trash.

Thanks!

Since nothing is coming up under the name "Travel Trends", I would recommend googling the phone number they provided. Could be a scam, timeshare, etc.

I think I got a free cruise deal too but I think it was a time share to some

island in the end. Sounds like the deals you get in Vegas for free hotels or free entertainment. Which we did one time. Yes, the meal was great and a good show we got to see. BUT it was a time share. And when we said no they almost

threw us out of their office. We had to fight to get the free shows and meal.

We told them give us a card and we would think about it. They were not happy with us. Really it was funny in the end. We didn't take it seriously in the

first place because we knew we had to listen to their sales pitch.

They even picked us up in a limo. But they were ready for us to walk back to our hotel. Until we threw a fit. Some people were so ticked off they grabbed a cab.

Really, why on earth would someone give you a free cruise?

Of course it is a scam.

We get a call every few weeks from 'the Captain' offering us a free cruise. We cannot afford free. It is less expensive to book and pay for it ourselves.

I'm a pretty wise cruiser. I was definitely wary of this offer. I asked here just to find out if any other CC'ers had gotten offer. They do state that they want to know age, marital status & income. I am pretty sure it is a time share scam.

Thanks for the replies. Guess we all think it isn't the deal is purports to be.

I've tried google and did not get anything on "Travel Trends" or "Free cruises Travel Trends". That should cause all sorts of alarm bells to ring.

Are you sure it says they represent Royal Caribbean International? Or just RC? Or even Caribbean Cruises?

Try google for "caribbean free cruise". You'll get a lot of hits on a cruise company that calls themselves "Caribbean Cruises". I'm sure the similarities between names is just a coincidence and is not designed to mislead people.

Bottom line. May I suggest you call RCI and ask if they know anything about this. If it's legitimate, they should be aware.

Try "Travel Trends scam"

Went on our first ever RC cruise through a "free" deal, of course it wasn't free though. Had to sit through the time share deal, avoid the high pressure sales pitch and pay all kinds of "Fees" but we did get a good deal on a 5 night cruise on Grandeur of the Seas (ended up being about 50% of market rate when all was said and done) and learned that we liked RCI a lot more than Carnival :)

Been tempted to sit through the presentation on a couple of other occasions but frankly they make them too hard to schedule (well I have 5 minutes from now or 45 minutes from now or 3am on Monday morning and you have to bring your wife and cant bring your children).

Once or twice a week I get a fax offering a free cruise and airfare! Some specifically add the RC logo and others will list a variety of lines to choose from. I have never called any of these "generous companies" because as others have said there is no free lunch.

Really, why on earth would someone give you a free cruise?

Bingo! Out of the clear blue sky, some organization is going to give you, a perfect stranger, a free cruise ... and you must be one of thousands.

I've gotten similar solicitations, the majority of which are connected to sitting through some sales pitch about a timeshare, a rural lakefront community, or other such nonsense. I can guarantee that the company has absolutely no affiliation with Royal Caribbean, although they'd like you to think that they do.

Toss it, shred it, or otherwise destroy it.

Al