toiletries?

Disneycruisers

The shampoo is a shampoo/conditioner combination, not separate. They, along with the body wash, are in big dispensers on the wall in the shower. Tacky! I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner and use the small soap bar that's by the sink.

Edited by Pam in CA

We once received toothpaste on a Carnival cruise.

Thank you!

My DH originally posted this question, and when I read to him the snarky reply, he said "I thought we received toothpaste on Carnival?" Thank you for verifying that. I also remember receiving a small bottle of Caress body wash.

The shampoo is a shampoo/conditioner combination, not separate. They, along with the body wash, are in big dispensers on the wall in the shower. Tacky! I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner and use the small soap bar that's by the sink.

I read that they provide body lotion. Does anyone know if that is true?

Be aware, the nice shampoo and conditioner set is not available anymore,unless you are in a full suite :eek :confused: There are 2 bottle dispensers in the shower/bathtub, one has body wash the other shampoo/conditioner combo. Both of them are terrible stuff. Since Princess cut back on the nice toiletries many passengers bring their own hair care products and we bring a bar of dove soap.They still provide a small tube of lotion, but that is all, times of beeing catered too completely is in the past. All the cruise lines are cutting back a lot to keep the bottom line healthy:cool:

Hmm...we were just on the Grand from Vancouver to LA and as Elite we received a nice bag (cloth) with small bottles of shampoo, shower gel, lotion, shower cap, qtips, body scrubber. Maybe some ships are still giving them out to Elite until they are gone?

• 1 month later...

We are in a standard balcony - not elite.

This is my first Princess cruise and would like to know what the lotion is like?

Would prefer not to pack some- it's heavy and bulky. The elemis products on other lines are really nice. I am getting the impression, Princess, has just generic hotel brand "weak" stuff.

By the way, why does everyone hate the shower pumps. I find those so much easier than slipping around with those little tiny bottles that fall and stuff won't come out. ... even if you have to do a few pumps.

But having said that... I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner;)

Hmm...we were just on the Grand from Vancouver to LA and as Elite we received a nice bag (cloth) with small bottles of shampoo, shower gel, lotion, shower cap, qtips, body scrubber. Maybe some ships are still giving them out to Elite until they are gone?
Depends upon the ship. They still have the tubes for the suites. On the Grand and the Sapphire there were no wall mounted dispensers in the suites. Our elite bag on the Regal only had a tube of lotion, not the shampoo/conditioner or the body wash.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are in a standard balcony - not elite.

This is my first Princess cruise and would like to know what the lotion is like?

Would prefer not to pack some- it's heavy and bulky. The elemis products on other lines are really nice. I am getting the impression, Princess, has just generic hotel brand "weak" stuff.

By the way, why does everyone hate the shower pumps. I find those so much easier than slipping around with those little tiny bottles that fall and stuff won't come out. ... even if you have to do a few pumps.

But having said that... I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner;)

I am really picky about lotion and the bottle that was in our cabin last January was very nice. I keep it by my bed to use at night. Really nice stuff. Smells good but not overwhelming

Candi

The problem with the shampoo conditioner is that it is an all-in-one product and for my hair anyways, there is not enough conditioner. Its not like some all in ones that you can buy elsewhere (dove, pantene) - its pretty harsh and the one time I used it, my hair was a disaster! :rolleyes:

:cool:

Here's a photo of the shampoo/conditioner and shower gel dispenser that's in the shower:

14081657338_17fc8341d6_z.jpg[/url]

Thanks, I was wondering what the discussion was about, now I understand better. The shower gel looks interesting, have had previous trouble with a combined shampoo/conditioner so it could be MY technique of application that's the actual problem!

Crochetcruise :cool:

:cool:

Thanks, I was wondering what the discussion was about, now I understand better. The shower gel looks interesting, have had previous trouble with a combined shampoo/conditioner so it could be MY technique of application that's the actual problem!

Crochetcruise :cool:

The hair products and shower gel were installed mid-cruise last winter for us on the Crown.

I found the shampoo/conditioner to be an inferior product. There was little lather while shampooing and my hair was a tangled mess when I tried to comb it out.

Lesson learned- I will bring my own hair products on any future Princess cruises.

Crochetcruise-IMHO -It is the lack of quality of the product and not your application technique that is the problem with the shampoo/conditioner.