Is This Unusual?

Raxter54

We are sailing on the serenade out of NOLA on February 28th, 125 days away. We got our passports and filled in all the information for the On-Line Check-In on the RCL website.We've printed out our Set Sail Pass and our luggage tags. Is it unusual to get all this done this far from sail date? Everything I've read on Cruise Critic said that they usually don't allow On-Line Check-In to be finished until around 60 days. Either way, I'm still doing my Document Dance!!:D:D

I don't think that it's the "real" luggage tag. I think that it's the "baby" luggage tag that appears on page 2 or 3 of the SetSail Pass pages.

Well, I haven't paid in full yet, and the tags did appear on page 3 of the SetSail Pass. So, I should take them out of my plastic luggage tag holders and wait for the real ones?

Well, I haven't paid in full yet, and the tags did appear on page 3 of the SetSail Pass. So, I should take them out of my plastic luggage tag holders and wait for the real ones?

E-docs will be available approx. 49 days out. The Set Sail pass isn't available for printing until final balance is paid in full. Your "real" luggage tags will be at the end of your e-docs. That is what you will print out and put in the plastic thingys.

Serenade is a gorgeous ship with a wonderful crew/staff. Hope you planned some extra time time in NOLA to enjoy the sites and ambiance of that very eclectic and vibrant city! Have a great vacation!

We sail on her in Jan. final payment for us was due yesterday. I did the online check-in & printed our set sail pass. It does have a small image of the luggage tag... But the REAL tags will be available at the "49 days out mark"....In your e-docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The eDocs and luggage tags could be available much later than 49 days prior to the embarkation date as per

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=247

When will my cruise documents arrive and what should I expect?

A: Guests in the same stateroom, regardless of last name, who share the same tour components, will be issued one Guest Vacation Document for all guests. You may email your complimentary electronic cruise document (eDoc) to other guests in the stateroom. A printed version of your cruise document is also available upon request at time of booking for a $35 fee per document.

If you reserve your cruise with a travel agent or a Certified Vacation Planner, your cruise documents are sent to you or your travel agent 20-50 days prior to sailing, assuming your reservation is finalized and your payments have been made. Group documents and those that include air arrangements require additional steps and will be sent within 30 days of sailing. Documentation may not be provided in advance for reservations finalized the week of the sailing - guests will obtain pertinent details at the pier prior to boarding, and once onboard. If you have any questions, please contact your travel agent or Certified Vacation Planner directly.

For our next week's Serenade TA cruise these were available to us 27 days prior as we had Choice Air flights as part of our group booking through a Travel Agency.

Edited by robtulipe

We got our edocs right at 49 days this yr.

Same here, 8pm EDT on the 49th day.

Then you most not have had your air booked with Choice Air and weren't part of a group booking.;)

When either or both have been part of our cruise booking our eDocs and luggage tags never have been available prior to 30 days before the cruise.

Edited by robtulipe

I can do online check in and print my Set Sail pass long before (long long long) I make final payment. But those tags on page 3 are NOT the same as the luggage tags you can either order (suites) or print off from your edocs (which you can access anywhere from 35 to 49 days out.

It seems MOST people on my roll calls get their edocs 49 days out. ME? I'm thrilled if it's any time before 35 days. I have no idea why but Celebrity and RCI always get them to me on the late side so don't despair if you get it after EVERYONE else on your R/C gets theirs. :(

I can do online check in and print my Set Sail pass long before (long long long) I make final payment. But those tags on page 3 are NOT the same as the luggage tags you can either order (suites) or print off from your edocs (which you can access anywhere from 35 to 49 days out.

It seems MOST people on my roll calls get their edocs 49 days out. ME? I'm thrilled if it's any time before 35 days. I have no idea why but Celebrity and RCI always get them to me on the late side so don't despair if you get it after EVERYONE else on your R/C gets theirs. :(

Thanks everyone for the information. Guess I'll delay my Document Dance for a few days :)

I will fill out our Set Sail pass as soon as possible, there is no need to wait, but it can be done anytime up to within 3 days of sailing and printed out following final PYMT. Some wait and do their Online checkin closer to sailing, really doesn't make a differance when you do them if you have all your information. Ability to print will close I believe at the end of being 3 days from sailing.