dinner in the cabin

Callie Girl

Can you order the dinner being served in the dining room and have it delivered to the stateroom. What is the norm for a tip to staff for room service breakfast, snacks, or dinner?

Thank you.

Only if you are in a full suite.

While you can't order off the dining room menu, there's a room service menu with soup, Cobb salad, chef's salad, Caesar salad, sandwiches, hot dog, hamburger, lasagna, etc. When I was on the Royal last month, I had a cold and had dinner in my cabin one night. I ordered soup and a chef's salad which were delicious and more than enough for dinner.

A door hanger breakfast room service order form will be left in your cabin every night at turn-down. I often write in something not on the menu such as cranberry juice and cottage cheese.

Edited by Pam in CA

What is the norm for a tip to staff for room service breakfast, snacks, or dinner?

Thank you.

Room service staff are included in the sharing of the daily "auto-tip" that is added to your cabin account each day.

Many passengers like to also tip additionally when room service makes a delivery, usually $1 to $3 depending on how much food is being delivered.

Jut in case this is helpful, you can always pay extra for "ultimate balcony dining" which in my opinion is worth it for a special occasion. I think you can do it in any stateroom despite the name but it does take a bit of space so probably best in balcony or higher. It was $50pp when we did this in 2012.

We have order dinner from the MDR in our suite. While the food was tasty, it was a bit cooler than I prefer.

We always take a stack of ones and fives to tip the room service stewards.

We also call room service to pick up our dishes when we are through and we tip that person, as well.

We have order dinner from the MDR in our suite. While the food was tasty, it was a bit cooler than I prefer.

We always take a stack of ones and fives to tip the room service stewards.

We also call room service to pick up our dishes when we are through and we tip that person, as well.

Don't you just hate it when people put their dirty dishes out in the corridor? Who do they think is going to take it away? :rolleyes:

I see that you can pay for a private dinner evening on your balcony but can you change some of the food. It is just that I don't eat any fish or shell fish at all and I know one of the courses is lobster? Can you pre-order a choice?

Yes...when you order the UBD, you will be contacted and can request different food and beverage.

I found that it was hard not to tip a couple of dollars when room service was delivered as you sign the back of the ticket and it has "tip amount" right above it.

My tip is given in cash. That's the only way I'm sure he/she gets it all.

I found that it was hard not to tip a couple of dollars when room service was delivered as you sign the back of the ticket and it has "tip amount" right above it.

If you write a tip on that line it goes directly into the pool - not to the person you thought you were tipping. Same thing at the bars. If you want to tip the delivery person or the bartender use cash.

We something order items from the Room Service menu and supplement the RS order with items from the buffet. We always call Room Service when we are finished and request that they pick up the tray and we tip the in cash when they bring an order and when the pick up afterwards. Works out well.