Prinsendam-Laundry

TraelorMex

We were on the Prinsendam last month (October 2014). There are self laundries on the 10th and 6th decks. They are free and HAL even provides the soap. We brought our own Tide Pods and dryer sheets. Laundry smelled like home.

we just got off as well and yes they are still there and they are free.

Please use the soap there though, don't bring your own as the soap on board is a special environmental soap. You may well wish to bring dryer sheets though.

Edited by kazu

we just got off as well and yes they are still there and they are free.

Please use the soap there though, don't bring your own as the soap on board is a special environmental soap. You may well wish to bring dryer sheets though.

You might like to also bring along a smile and a thick skin :)

Laundry rooms bring out all sorts of funny behaviour in cruisers - which was definitely visible this past October on the Prinsendam :D:)

[/b]

Laundry rooms bring out all sorts of funny behaviour in cruisers - which was definitely visible this past October on the Prinsendam :D:)

Use the one on deck 10. You get a better class of passenger up there :) ;)

[/b]

Agree! We were on her in September and one of the times we did laundry, came back well before the end of the dryer cycle to find that someone had removed our clothes from the dryer while still damp, put them in a heap in a small basket and put their clothes in. Personally I can't imagine doing this, and this is exactly the type of behavior that starts disagreements.

I remember reading an old Princess thread about a fight in the laundry room that resulted in a passenger being kicked off the ship at the next port of call...my DH and I always giggle about that.

The facility is great, and we appreciated having it for our use!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I was on the Prinsendam in September and October and although I have never used the on board laundry I have heard horror stories. The comment made by a previous poster might insight a riot here on CC. I was on deck 10 and I didn't think I was any better class then anyone else on the ship!

Really? when did a deck have anything to do with how much class a passenger has?

gigianne - I agree. The deck level has nothing to do with class.

Edited by kazu

We used the one on the Main deck twice and everyone we encountered was polite and friendly. Maybe the friction happened in the deck 10 one. :p

Agree! We were on her in September and one of the times we did laundry, came back well before the end of the dryer cycle to find that someone had removed our clothes from the dryer while still damp, put them in a heap in a small basket and put their clothes in. Personally I can't imagine doing this, and this is exactly the type of behavior that starts disagreements.

I remember reading an old Princess thread about a fight in the laundry room that resulted in a passenger being kicked off the ship at the next port of call...my DH and I always giggle about that.

The facility is great, and we appreciated having it for our use!

That is awful. Who would do such a thing?! :eek: Do people have no manners anymore?

We have met some amazing people in the laundry room ... but one of us brings their book and stays throughout the washing and drying, just in case as have heard the horror stories. My all time favorite was the lady from Oregon who's husband was confined to a wheel chair. Not overly amazing until she told us that this was their 1st cruise - EVER - it was the Grand Asia at 75 days. When I asked why she started with such a long cruise with a lot of sea days - she simply said "Just did not seem to make sense to do all that packing for just a week or 2"!

The comment made by a previous poster might insight a riot here on CC. I was on deck 10 and I didn't think I was any better class then anyone else on the ship!

Perhaps you did not notice the wink on the second smiley face? :rolleyes:

Colbe Your post ticked me off too!:)

Apologies for causing any offense. I had meant it to be a tongue in cheek statement made in jest. :o :o :o

jtl513, I enjoyed your reply. :)

• 5 months later...
Any recent Prinsendam cruisers know if they have a self service laundry? An old thread said they do and it was free. Is this still the case?

Thanks in advance.

deck plan cshows self service laundry on deck 3 near cabin 349

We used the one on Deck 3 when we did our Black Sea cruise, it was right down the hall from our cabin. Very convenient. DH would put a load of wash in right before we went to dinner (it was always quiet during dinnertime!) then put stuff in dryer after we finished dinner. No problems with anyone. I did notice a big crowd trying to use the laundry on sea days. People from all decks were there. I never saw any fights/rude behavior but some people had a hard time figuring out how to use the machines/detergent dispenser! I can't remember now if it was automatic or if you had to fill a cup with detergent then add it to the machine. I'm sue someone else knows the answer and will post.

It was great being able to do wash whenever we wanted. We would get a cabin on deck 3 again just to be close to the laundry room--DH loved it!! He swore he would never wash clothes in the cabin again after our Panama Canal cruise (we did one night of laundry in our cabin, you would have thought he lost an arm the way he complained :) )

ML

We used the one on Deck 3 when we did our Black Sea cruise, it was right down the hall from our cabin. Very convenient. DH would put a load of wash in right before we went to dinner (it was always quiet during dinnertime!) then put stuff in dryer after we finished dinner. No problems with anyone. I did notice a big crowd trying to use the laundry on sea days. People from all decks were there. I never saw any fights/rude behavior but some people had a hard time figuring out how to use the machines/detergent dispenser! I can't remember now if it was automatic or if you had to fill a cup with detergent then add it to the machine. I'm sue someone else knows the answer and will post.

It was great being able to do wash whenever we wanted. We would get a cabin on deck 3 again just to be close to the laundry room--DH loved it!! He swore he would never wash clothes in the cabin again after our Panama Canal cruise (we did one night of laundry in our cabin, you would have thought he lost an arm the way he complained :) )

ML

On most ships, you just push the soap dispenser button on the front of the machine. But only once or you get way more soap than you want.

On most ships, you just push the soap dispenser button on the front of the machine. But only once or you get way more soap than you want.
On the Prinsendam in the Main deck laundry you get a cup of detergent from a common stand. I don't know about the upper deck laundry.