Anyone else abandoned by RCCL at Venice airport.

After our recent cruise on Spleandour of the Seas to the Greek Isles we were bumped from out Easyjet flight to Gatwick from Marco Polo in Venice because the cruise company (we had booked a fly/cruise package) had not checked us in. We tried to get help from the RCCL staff at the airport so that we could get home but the RCCL staff said that they were only there for the incoming passengers for the next sailing. They said that they couldnt help us. We were shocked that this could happen. We were stuck in Venice for 4 days before the airline could get us home.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you manage to resolve this with RCCL.

Not sure I fully understand. Did you book the air directly with RCCL?

Did you have a print out of your reservation? If not, why not?

Why deal with RCCL at the departing airport rather than directly with Easy Jet?

I'm at a loss to comment without more information.

He mustve did the deal where you let pay royal like 20 bucks a bag to take your bags from cruise ship to airport and they Check the luggage..Not the passenger.

That would only be the luggage and they wouldn't know the luggage didn't get there until they were at their final destination. It wouldn't prevent them from from flying home for 4 days.

Easy Jet is a budget airline and you are responsible to check in yourself. Unfortunately you did not realise this although your travel agent should have been aware of it.

You can in fact check in up to 30 days in advance so you could have done this before leaving home.

Check in online from 30 days and up to 2 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time - easyJet FAQ

Welcome to CC Wavemistress01. Hope you are not deterred by others.

In the US we use a travel agent most often. Also it is really too bad you must not have gotten on CC much before your cruise. CC has lots of information and seemingly you would have known you were responsible to check in.

I'm thinking about how much fun I could have had being in Venice another 4 days. I might have thanked my luck to have missed that flight!

Please tell us more and how you might get this resolved.

Welcome to CC Wavemistress01. Hope you are not deterred by others.

In the US we use a travel agent most often. Also it is really too bad you must not have gotten on CC much before your cruise. CC has lots of information and seemingly you would have known you were responsible to check in.

I'm thinking about how much fun I could have had being in Venice another 4 days. I might have thanked my luck to have missed that flight!

Please tell us more and how you might get this resolved.

What :confused: The OP has been a member of CC since March of 2012.

###

Gosh they are from the UK... A hop skip and a jump from Venice.... But 4 days in Venice sounds like a happy out come to me :D

Wondering what program the OP had signed up for that RCCL was suppose to check them in. Last month HAL checked me in and gave me boarding passes ..... Wondering?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may not have been a cruise line air in the UK TAs package their own air using budgets as I think rci uses scheduled top tier like BA which are expensive.

You have hit the nail on the head as obviously this is a package put together by a TA in the UK. When I booked with family there a few years ago they flew out with BA and back with Easyjet. They also did not use cruise line transfers but other companies.

Obviously some major miscommunication happened here and of course the RCCL folks at Marco Polo were outside vendors hired to collect incoming passengers and would have no clue. Not actually RCCL employees at all....

Your correct the OP is not likely to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.....and has been on at least four cruises.

Not a newbie. Just, apparently, confused.

I am so sorry that this happened, but.....

Just because someone has been on at least 4 cruises and is not a newbie and just may be confused doesn't mean they can't be welcomed at CC. Just saying...