False Advertising of Category E Balcony Cabins

Dave85

Let me know if you get any kind of response from Royal. I have an E1 booked for 2 sailings on Anthem. Very disappointed from what I saw in the pictures.

Kept my Quantum e1 as the ship was too full and prices went way up from what I paid on the first day.

On the two e1 rooms on the Anthem I got d rooms one for $85 more with a $150 OBC the other dropped by $114

I also was concerned about a chair in front of the balcony door!

Thanks for all the pictures showing where to hang clothes !

Hi, I'm the poster from the E1. Just to say, while there is only the single seat there is still the seat and desk. My mate has a D cabin and we absolutely agree that both categories have their own merits. He has the sofa, I have a much wider cabin but not as long, which I prefer.

The cabin excluding bathroom is approximately 9 foot by 9 foot.

If the total square footage is 177 square feet and the cabin is 81 square feet... That makes the bathroom 96 square feet? :eek: :o

We are booked for an E1 too. Might be interesting. Is there a wider balcony door or an extra window (besides the door) facing the extra wide balcony? Just wondered. Thanks for sharing the pix.

I just got off the phone with royal and explained the pictures don't show a sofa and it is advertised as sitting area with sofa. The lady put me on hold to check with another agent and she came back and said there absolutely is a sofa. I told her all i see is a chair against the curtain of the balcony and she assured me there is a sofa. I really don't know how to argue the point that i don't see a sofa when she is certain there is one. She said she stayed in an E1 on Oasis and there was a sofa too, but she said she definitely checked Quantum and there is a sofa for sure. :confused::confused::confused:

I just got off the phone with royal and explained the pictures don't show a sofa and it is advertised as sitting area with sofa. The lady put me on hold to check with another agent and she came back and said there absolutely is a sofa. I told her all i see is a chair against the curtain of the balcony and she assured me there is a sofa. I really don't know how to argue the point that i don't see a sofa when she is certain there is one. She said she stayed in an E1 on Oasis and there was a sofa too, but she said she definitely checked Quantum and there is a sofa for sure. :confused::confused::confused:

Not the first time and it certainly won't be the last time that the reps give incorrect info.

They are going by the same description on he website that we see and relying on their sailings on ships from a different class to back that information up.

You spoke to a clown, there is no such thing as an E1 on the Oasis Class lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Snip

Thanks for the pics. In the rough seas did the clothes moving around in the closet bother you while you were trying to sleep? I know I've been able to hear closet noises from across the room before, so I am a little worried about them right next to my head.

If the total square footage is 177 square feet and the cabin is 81 square feet... That makes the bathroom 96 square feet? :eek: :o

We are booked for an E1 too. Might be interesting. Is there a wider balcony door or an extra window (besides the door) facing the extra wide balcony? Just wondered. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Good point. I've looked again, still with no ruler. At best, if you include the recessed closets and pillow space on bed it's 12x12 with another max 7x3 for bathroom. The balcony is probably 12x6.5.

Thanks for the pics. In the rough seas did the clothes moving around in the closet bother you while you were trying to sleep? I know I've been able to hear closet noises from across the room before, so I am a little worried about them right next to my head.

One night I took the hangers out for that reason but the clothes were still in the suitcase due to late nights in the bar. Come to think of it, they still are [emoji12]

okay heres the new update: I called royal back this morning and the woman I spoke to told me to call my travel agent because she can't speak to me, they can only speak with my travel agent since my reservation is considered a "group reservation". So I called my travel agent and explained the whole situation and she was shocked! She had me email her the pictures of the room and she said the groups department that deals with the agency isn't there on the weekends so she will be contacting them on monday. I will let you all know what the outcome is!

okay heres the new update: I called royal back this morning and the woman I spoke to told me to call my travel agent because she can't speak to me, they can only speak with my travel agent since my reservation is considered a "group reservation". So I called my travel agent and explained the whole situation and she was shocked! She had me email her the pictures of the room and she said the groups department that deals with the agency isn't there on the weekends so she will be contacting them on monday. I will let you all know what the outcome is!

Thanks for reporting back. My TA is on it too. I think they will hear an uproar from the TAs and others who were mislead by the description, and they will have to figure out a way to deal with it. A good place to start would be updating the cabin description on the RCI website...

I find it frustrating that there is not accurate descriptions of rooms. I had a connecting D2 (connecting to an owners suite) on the Oasis and it only had a chair no sofa. If I would have known I would not have booked it. Why can't rccl have a description on their computers of the staterooms.

I find it frustrating that there is not accurate descriptions of rooms. I had a connecting D2 (connecting to an owners suite) on the Oasis and it only had a chair no sofa. If I would have known I would not have booked it. Why can't rccl have a description on their computers of the staterooms.

I agree with you 110%. I am one that would also not book a cabin that did not have a sofa. I'm not sure how two people in a cabin can relax if there is only one chair. Do you bring in a chair from the balcony? Sit perched on the edge of the bed while watching tv? Seems like a loveseat in each cabin should be a minimum. So I'd be pretty upset if I booked a cabin that specifically said it had a sofa and found a single chair. I guess is the case of this E1, you could sit on the hard desk chair.

I usually like contemporary furniture, but to me this stuff looks like the type of furniture you put together yourself. Maybe it's more inviting in person. I do like the two USB ports. :p

[quote name='sailingaway89']okay heres the new update: I called royal back this morning and the woman I spoke to told me to call my travel agent because she can't speak to me, they can only speak with my travel agent since my reservation is considered a "group reservation". So I called my travel agent and explained the whole situation and she was shocked! She had me email her the pictures of the room and she said the groups department that deals with the agency isn't there on the weekends so she will be contacting them on monday. I will let you all know what the outcome is![/QUOTE]

Just heard from my travel agent, she told me royal apologized up and down for the false information and is willing to upgrade me from an E1 to a D8 room on the same deck I'm on now without any charge. Thought this was very nice of them, this is why so many people are royal to loyal :) good luck to everyone else trying to get their room changed!

[quote name='sailingaway89']Just heard from my travel agent, she told me royal apologized up and down for the false information and is willing to upgrade me from an E1 to a D8 room on the same deck I'm on now without any charge. Thought this was very nice of them, this is why so many people are royal to loyal :) good luck to everyone else trying to get their room changed![/QUOTE]

They also helped me as I stated before was also switched to a D8
First room saved $114
Second room cost about $85 more with $150 OBC !
They were very helpful! Edited by alinnj

[quote name='sailingaway89']Just heard from my travel agent, she told me royal apologized up and down for the false information and is willing to upgrade me from an E1 to a D8 room on the same deck I'm on now without any charge. Thought this was very nice of them, this is why so many people are royal to loyal :) good luck to everyone else trying to get their room changed![/QUOTE]

Wonderful, so glad to hear that! We just got back from Norwegian Breakaway and have not had a chance to follow up with our TA yet, but I'm certainly hoping for the same result. I'm very pleased to hear that Royal was willing to make this right for you. We had such a great time on the Breakaway that it is realllllly in Royal's interest to make this right for us as well..... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app Edited by Dave85

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on the phone with RCCL for 50 mins since I'm in an E-1 and they are telling me that based on their info, the cabin has a sofa and they can't do anything except let me change my cabin for the current rates. I booked in April 2014!

So ticked off right now. On hold for a supervisor's supervisor. Edited by TeriNick

[quote name='TeriNick']I have been on the phone with RCCL for 50 mins since I'm in an E-1 and they are telling me that based on their info, the cabin has a sofa and they can't do anything except let me change my cabin for the current rates. I booked in April 2014!

So ticked off right now. On hold for a supervisor's supervisor.[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. I hope you get someone on the line who has a clue.

My TA hasn't heard back from RCI yet about this issue. I'm planning to follow up with her on Monday or Tuesday.

Spoke with the first rep who turned me over to the Resolution department who turned me over to a supervisor. All said that there are sofas in the cabins based on RCCL's published info and that since the Anthem hasn't yet been built they can't dispute that info. Doesn't matter that the QOS and the AOS are the same ship and that there are photos of the QOS E-1 cabin with no sofa or that it appears physically impossible to get a sofa in that size cabin based on the photos. I was told I could change to a D cabin but I would have to pay the difference. I booked this cabin in April 2014 for April 2016 and now I'm ready to cancel all 3 of my RCCL bookings.

I'm really fed up with RCCL today.

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Something I don't understand -- Isn't E1 supposed to be more expensive than all the D balcony categories (except D1 which is the same price as E1) :confused:

D7 & D8 are the cheapest balconies ....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] Edited by dani negreanu
mistake

[quote name='dani negreanu'][COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Something I don't understand -- Isn't E1 supposed to be more expensive than all the D balcony categories (except D1 which is the same price as E1) :confused:

D7 & D8 are the cheapest balconies ....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

No, cabin categories increase in reverse number and letter order (most of the time).