Silver Lining to new sale

orville99

Admittedly, the latest sale from RCL is nothing to write home about - unless you were one of us who booked during the original BOGOHO sale and found out after the fact that you couldn't use our Visa points for anything but OBC. Bummer, but I understood why that was the policy.

Now that that sale has ended, I decided to give it another try - what the hey, I had nothing to lose:)

Yesterday, I called the redemption center to see whether I could use Visa points to reduce the cruise price now that the BOGOHO sale was over. The initial response was no, because I had originally booked during that sale. I then asked what would happen if they ignored the half off part and treated the booking like a normal booking. The response was they'd have to re-price it to current rates so they could apply the discount, so I asked them to run the numbers and let me know what the difference was.

The result:

Not only was I able to max out the value of the points (OV cabin prices had also shot up by about 30% with the new sale), but they also gave me the new sale OBC. In the end, I cut my cruise price to $110 each, and got enough OBC to cover our gratuities (and a bit more) to boot.:D

This might be the dumbest question i have ever asked, I think i still carry somewhat rookie status, so i am gonna ask: What is BOGOHO?? I like playing these number games with my future cruises but i always see this mentioned but am clueless to it. Thanks Dan

Buy

One

Get

One

Half

Off

Basically, The first person is charged the full rate, the the 2nd person is charged half. We got a great deal on a GS on the Grandeur for next November.

Basically it amounts to 25% off total. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If the booking was done at the beginning(in May), it was a great deal. But after about two weeks, it wasn't such a deal. I booked a 9 day the first day of the sale, and saved $1800.00 over the new price.

You are exactly right, it was a great deal in the beginning when it first came out. I booked a boatload of cruises with the BOGOHO. After 2 weeks, every single cruise I booked had gone up in price.

Now with this new OBC "sale" prices have skyrocketed. Won't be booking any more cruises for a while, at least until this so called OBC incentive goes away