Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

The cruise you are referring to was on a Carnival Cruise 6 years ago?

Well the difference is last week on the Norwegian Gem it would have cost you anywhere from fees and taxes to under $200.00 sailing solo.

Food as well as service onboard was good. Many solos onboard got together for lunches and dinners and had a great time together. This was apparently a totally different experience that you had on Carnival. I would not have liked that experience either.

Yes. NCL must do it better than CCL which is why we switched lines. Even with the savings, I would want to know in advance. That's just my preference.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How was the Lagoon at Great Stirrup Cay?

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

30ic0w4.jpg

Thanks for asking! :) I've shot a quick panoramic pic with my cell phone. It was a really quiet area, the bar there even never opened. I noticed a gated canal (I guess) at the opposite site of the lagoon for fresh oceanwater and perhaps letting in small fish? The water seemed a bit blurred by the sand?

Had a great time at the small cabana's, although the beach in front of the small cabana's isn't suitable for snorkeling. Unlimited refills of the chips and dips, continuous beverage service from the nearby bar, can't wait to go again. :D

The map provided by NCL in the kind of daily does not seemed to display the lagoon and be a 100% correct so perhaps we still need a All things GSC thread. :D

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Yay you made it there :)

Sounds like good times.

Hope to follow one day.

Thanks for the photo.

Cheers!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

It was wonderful, you will enjoy it every second. Hope you get there soon! And be sure to rent a cabana, best value for money with the $50 credit included. :)

I wonder when NCL will update their website to reflect the ship's actual deck plans now that some of the things have been moved around. I am leaving on Dec 13 and I'm trying to study the ship before hand. Though I learn it super fast anyway (I'm young so I am the tour guide on vacations because none of my family can remember the ship layout even after we've been there for a week lol), it's fun to know how it is in advanced.