Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

Dawn thanks so much for the updates

We're back on board this spring break and looking forward to osheehans being on board

Jan and David

Jan and David you will definitely see a difference from the last time you sailed.

O'Sheehans was up and running as well as Moderno. They both looked fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Gem on Monday. Had done a back to back. There was work being done during both cruises and though it could be a little annoying there was nothing that should stop you from having a good cruise. The second cruise (Nov 22) had O'Sheehan's completed and open. There were a few hiccups in the food and service which can be expected from any new restaurant. Having only experienced an O'Sheehan's on the Getaway I can say that the Gem version is not as extensive but should suffice for an onboard pub. It certainly attracted a decent crowd for Sunday football that could be viewed on the big screen in the atrium. I went to Moderno's the second night it was open and the food was excellent.

As for the UDP, all restaurants up and running and you should have no issues due to renovations.

Rochelle

First, a big Hi to Rochelle. Enjoyed meeting (and eating and drinking!!!) with you for our Nov. 15-22 portion of our back-to-back.

Second, we were told by Gem officers that the Rock Wall is unavailable until February. As you know, Gem is having scrubbers installed, so is using part of sports deck #15 aft for the work. Yes, it is a new government mandate for all cruise lines to install scrubbers. NCL is the first cruise line to begin doing this; the Gem is their 3rd ship to have them installed. IMO, the sooner this is done by all lines, the better for the environment, so thanks, NCL.

Patricia

just got off Gem .... wonderful to watch the Broncos beat the Chiefs on the big screen Sunday night ...... but the staircase down from Osheehans needs to be eliminated ... poor design!!

Broncos 14 .... Buffalo 3 .... halftime :)

Miss the Gem, as we moved West from NY to N.Az a few months after our Gem Bermuda cruise 10/31-11/6-11. Please anyone Sailing on her, check that the Navy Medal is still on the Mermaid! I placed it there in honor of 3 Family Members(2 Uncles and a Cousin) who all sailed the Seas for the USN.

Thanks

Dr.Bill( Dr.Football)

CWO-4 US Army Ret./Med.)

Miss the Gem, as we moved West from NY to N.Az a few months after our Gem Bermuda cruise 10/31-11/6-11. Please anyone Sailing on her, check that the Navy Medal is still on the Mermaid! I placed it there in honor of 3 Family Members(2 Uncles and a Cousin) who all sailed the Seas for the USN.

Thanks

Dr.Bill( Dr.Football)

CWO-4 US Army Ret./Med.)

Have not yet sailed the Gem, however, I did find a thread that has some pictures of the Mermaid from 2013.

Hope this helps!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40924473

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

2014 July Breakaway

Thanks

Dr.Bill( Dr.Football)

CWO-4 US Army Ret./Med.)

Yes, the medal is still there! I was on the 11/15/14 sailing.

coka

Thanks

Dr.Bill( Dr.Football)

CWO-4 US Army Ret./Med.)

This thread is the one you have posted on prior and can see up to date photos of the Mermaid.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687880&page=11