More tables for two?

magpieman

On larger ships with more freedom dining restaurant space it is possible to set them out with more restaurant tables seating four, rather than large round tables for eight.

Both Grand Princess (similar to Ventura) and Celebrity Eclipse have this layout and it works well. Tables for 2-4 are available without a wait.

But, I imagine that you generally feel like you are sitting on the knees of the people on the other table for 2 'right' next to you.

:D Although I must say my hubby and I talk non stop and we've been married 27 years :D

As we walked though to our table to two last week on Oriana I noticed there were about 6 tables for two empty (we had waited about 40 mins so I was a little cross!) But they soon filled up. Obviously all just been paged.

Has Oriana already gone to a freedom choice then? I thought it was starting next year.

But, I imagine that you generally feel like you are sitting on the knees of the people on the other table for 2 'right' next to you.

No, Celebrity table spacing compares favourably with P&O. We travel as a couple and have Freedom or Select dining. Whilst we ask for a table for two we always end up talking to the next table or tables. Weve really enjoyed meeting our near neighbours. However we've had experience on P&O of sharing a table for 8 and regretting it so much. At least if your table for two neighbours are dislikeable you can engross yourself in your meal, less so on a larger table. Also it takes so much longer to get through a meal especially if you have planned your evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, Celebrity table spacing compares favourably with P&O. We travel as a couple and have Freedom or Select dining. Whilst we ask for a table for two we always end up talking to the next table or tables. Weve really enjoyed meeting our near neighbours. However we've had experience on P&O of sharing a table for 8 and regretting it so much. At least if your table for two neighbours are dislikeable you can engross yourself in your meal, less so on a larger table. Also it takes so much longer to get through a meal especially if you have planned your evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've always had more space on P&O than on Celebrity. We ask for a table for 2 so that we don't have to talk to other passengers. (We're not anti social, but we very rarely have the chance to just be 'just us two' and our holidays are for catch up).

Have never asked for a table for more than 2 - P&O have always delivered more space on the whole.

We've always had more space on P&O than on Celebrity. We ask for a table for 2 so that we don't have to talk to other passengers. (We're not anti social, but we very rarely have the chance to just be 'just us two' and our holidays are for catch up).

Have never asked for a table for more than 2 - P&O have always delivered more space on the whole.

We only have experience recently on Ventura/Azura and most of the 2 tops on these ships are based along 'banquette' style seating, which is both uncomfortable and the tables are very close together, so much so that we generally refuse to be seated here, and anyway we like the company of a bigger table.