Best Rent a Car Company to Drop-Off in Cape Canaveral

PR Cruisers

I am planning to rent a car (one way) at MCO to drop it off at Cape Canaveral.

Which is the best company in terms of Cape Canaveral location, shuttle service, price, etc? I want a company easy to find in Cape Canaveral, with a reliable shuttle. I dont want to drop off the car and wait an hour for the shuttle. Also, after the cruise I want to pick up a car to go back to MCO.

We typically use Avis, but more for the corporate rate. All of the major agencies are lined up close to each other in PC/Cocoa Beach and offer frequent shuttles to/from the port. It is not a big area - pick the one you get the best rate with.

I am planning to rent a car (one way) at MCO to drop it off at Cape Canaveral.

Which is the best company in terms of Cape Canaveral location, shuttle service, price, etc? I want a company easy to find in Cape Canaveral, with a reliable shuttle. I dont want to drop off the car and wait an hour for the shuttle. Also, after the cruise I want to pick up a car to go back to MCO.

We have used Hertz, Avis, Thrifty, Budget and others on numerous trips to this area. They all seem to have good shuttles to and from and they all seem to have problems if it gets crowded. All the shuttles do the loop from the terminal to their facilities. They all bring people and then take people back, so at times it is slow and frustrating.

We have received comparable pricing from all, we usually get a mid-size car or a small SUV as I don't feel comfortable in smaller cars. Posters to this site have some discount codes that they use.

I think Budget is the closest to the Port.

Every car rental company is busy on Saturday's and Sunday's in the Cape Canaveral area. If you are worrying about shuttle service to the port a cab from each rental location is relatively inexpensive. I would pick the rental car company that gives you the best rate. I would also drop everyone at the port first and then return the rental vehicle. The last cruise from Port Canaveral in August 2012 I rented a vehicle from Dollar both pre cruise and post cruise. The wait was approximately thirty minutes before the cruise on the Carnival Dream and after the cruise we took the Hertz shuttle back to the Dollar location after waiting over an hour for the crowds to die down. The Hertz driver stated that he would be happy to drop us off after he first discharged his passengers. He received a nice tip for his service. The two Dollar shuttles were packed and I witnessed a few near fistfights during our extended wait.

We've done Budget and Thrifty many times from this location picking up at the Orlando airport and drop off here and return we pick up and return to orlando. Have never had problems. Now this past cruise we did National the first time in Tampa port and returned to Orlando airport...was so pleased with the service and the car upgrade they gave us free...that I just might try them this coming April ...I saw them on the map thank you sharing that. Has been few years since we've been to Port Canaveral looking forward.

The two Dollar shuttles were packed and I witnessed a few near fistfights during our extended wait.

I used Dollar and will say they were the slowest of them all when we were there. There were so many empty Enterprise/National/Alamo shuttles just sitting there. When Dollar shuttles came, they filled up. We were last off the ship, but Dollar/Thrifty was the only rental agency with customers still standing there waiting on a shuttle. People were ready to fight. That almost made me swear off using Dollar ever. Now that Hertz owns them, they are no longer lower priced so we don't use them anymore. See the review in my signature for the whole story.