Elite Plus computer time?

Hapytocruise

I know that the Elite Plus information identifies 200 free internet minutes however on our cruise last week in the Equinox computer room the information on display indicated 240 minutes free for Elite Plus status which is the next package up from the base 90 minute package provided to Elites. We will be Elite Plus on the next cruise so just wondering if the internet minutes are 200 or 240?

I received 240 minutes (was very surprised to see the amount) on our September Infinity cruise and I did not register the first day but my husband did. Don't know if that had anything to do with my also receiving 240 or Celebrity decided to increase the Elite Plus benefit.

The bonus minutes offer was on the insert inside the Celebrity Today when we boarded. I mentioned/showed it to quite a few people at the Martini Bar:D:eek:

Every time I've asked for the bonus, I've been told it doesn't apply to free internet minutes. So I've quit asking.

I believe I got 240 minutes as well. Perhaps the 200 minutes on the website is a typo? I'd be shocked if there were an error on the website. :rolleyes:

We found that the computers were so slow and difficult to use that we didn't use anywhere near all our minutes.

It's not the computers that are slow. It's that there is limited bandwidth available and when everyone wants to use it at once' date=' the connection will be slow. And there are places that the satellite connection doesn't reach at all. Think Norway fjords.

It's all about expectations. If you go expecting a fast broadband connection like you have at home, you will be disappointed. If you go expecting connection speed approximating dialup, you will be satisfied.

[/size']

On the Equinox we had great response time whenever we went on really early in the morning (6-8 am) or later in the evening (after 8pm). Whatever they did to the system it was really easy and quick to sign-on from the cabin on my ipad. The few times we tried mid day response was slow.