A shot in the dark.....song

Osnab

Could it be "Gotta love her", instead?

I am stunned by the amount of responses I've received! Thanks to everyone! The song was sung by a female and so far, no luck, but I appreciate the replies and hope they keep coming!

I emailed the concierge at Michael's Club and asked for help. That's asking a lot, I know but who knows, maybe she sings this song in her head all day long!

Felicia

I'm not giving up yet. I found 2 artists who sing much like the person I could not identify. I've listened to all their songs on iTunes, but hopefully, it will help to know a little more of the style. The artists are La Roux and Sia.

I wish I could find someone who was on the ship now or who is going soon.

But if anyone has any other ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Felicia

i'll give it my best shot,is it david guettas- she wolf song ''falling to pieces'' sung by sia,if it is I just love this song, great words, and I believe film clipped in Iceland where we cruised to (wife and I) just google ''falling to pieces'' its on you tube and you can listen.let me know how I went cheers.

If you post your cruise date and ask for dailies you might recall the singer's name and go from there

Many of us save the dailies, and many performers have websites,..good luck!

I believe this was on the background muzak and not a live performer.

If you post your cruise date and ask for dailies you might recall the singer's name and go from there

Many of us save the dailies, and many performers have websites,..good luck!

I had already suggested this on the first page, post #8, but somehow missed that the music was piped in, and not actually a performer as mentioned by ORV. I thought the same performer was singing live in the different venues. Funny how we miss certain information. :D

I believe this was on the background muzak and not a live performer.

Op - I don't have an answer for you, but if these smart folks are able to help you track this down, I hope you won't mind me piggy-backing on your thread. There's an instrumental song played on Celebrity stateroom TVs I'm trying to identify. You first though. :)

Op - I don't have an answer for you, but if these smart folks are able to help you track this down, I hope you won't mind me piggy-backing on your thread. There's an instrumental song played on Celebrity stateroom TVs I'm trying to identify. You first though. :)

That's super tough, AquaHound. Are you referring to the music played when the map of the ship's route is shown? That varies from time to time. Sometimes it is very tranquil music, sometimes smooth jazz and sometimes "light classical" or orchestral. I often just let that music play while I am in the room like a radio. It would be tough to identify one particular song without hearing it. Do you know the genre at least?

Another possibility is the music that runs while the world weather temperatures are being scrolled. I used to like the song a lot, but the last time we were on Eclipse (last April), the song had changed and I didn't care so much for it.

That's super tough, AquaHound. Are you referring to the music played when the map of the ship's route is shown? That varies from time to time. Sometimes it is very tranquil music, sometimes smooth jazz and sometimes "light classical" or orchestral. I often just let that music play while I am in the room like a radio. It would be tough to identify one particular song without hearing it. Do you know the genre at least?

Another possibility is the music that runs while the world weather temperatures are being scrolled. I used to like the song a lot, but the last time we were on Eclipse (last April), the song had changed and I didn't care so much for it.

On the M Class ships, there are 4 or 5 music channels on the TVs. One of them plays a tropical song with steel drums that is about 10 minutes long. It's on a loop so it repeats when it ends. The song speeds up and slows down, and makes for great background music. It's instumental only. Just like the op's shot in the dark request, this is also a total long shot.

On the M Class ships, there are 4 or 5 music channels on the TVs. One of them plays a tropical song with steel drums that is about 10 minutes long. It's on a loop so it repeats when it ends. The song speeds up and slows down, and makes for great background music. It's instumental only. Just like the op's shot in the dark request, this is also a total long shot.

Dang! M-Class. I haven't graced the interior of an M-Class ship in two years.

Also ten minute-long steel drum songs are unusual. However, there are a limited number of steel drum artists who have instrumental CDs out that would be well known enough to catch the ear of Celebrity music programmers.

You have given me a little project to amuse myself with. It has a high probability of end in failure but it will be fun to see if I can find this special song for you.

Another possibility.... "God Loves You" - Jaci Velasquez ?

That is a song I had considered too, but I wasn't sure if Celebrity would play religious music, even pop-oriented religious songs, but perhaps they would.

Last year on a cruise ship I heard a salacious and violent rap song in the buffet. I was so angry at the inappropriate venue for this music in a place where children were eating, but I didn't know who to complain to. This music is all pre-programmed and it would be a challenge to just delete one song out of an hour long program. Or maybe not--with today's technology.

You have given me a little project to amuse myself with. It has a high probability of end in failure but it will be fun to see if I can find this special song for you.

That's awesome. Thanks Gangway. :D Hopefully your luck is better than mine so far.

That is a song I had considered too, but I wasn't sure if Celebrity would play religious music, even pop-oriented religious songs, but perhaps they would.

Last year on a cruise ship I heard a salacious and violent rap song in the buffet. I was so angry at the inappropriate venue for this music in a place where children were eating, but I didn't know who to complain to. This music is all pre-programmed and it would be a challenge to just delete one song out of an hour long program. Or maybe not--with today's technology.

Yes, I thought that too about the Jaci Velasquez song but then, it's surprising how many christian based songs makes it to mainstream radio stations....you never know...

Re the buffet song - I think often people hear the beat or tune and don't actually think about the words they are listening to. I know I've been disappointed with songs I loved as a little girl and then I hear them now - I think oh, it's actually not a very nice topic.

I don't mind you piggy-backing at all! I'm actually kinda glad I'm not the only one who is trying to get the name of a song. Could you just kick yourself for not doing it while on board? I know I can!

If you find someone who has this inside information, please share! And good luck to you!

Felicia

Every time we are in celebrity, they play 'Gipsy' by Shekira, it stays in my mind for ages afterwards and I associate it with my lovely holidays every time I hear it (in fact I play it at home when I have cruise withdrawals!)

No, that's not it. It does sound like the voice, but it's not that song. :(

Thanks, though.

Try contacting the cruise director that was on your cruise. He/she has access to the background music systems and might be able to help. Be shure to give the CD the sail dates. Good luck. Norman

Now there's an idea! I did contact the concierge in Michael's Club but while she gave me 2 ideas, neither of them were the song.

How does one contact the CD?

Felicia