Royal Caribbean Websire Issue may cancel your cruise.

sajaann411

I was told the same thing two days ago when it happened to my account also so I don't believe the Original Poster is confused or leaving information out. The rep on phone told me the same thing that by going through "my cruises" then discounts can drop off of reservations.
Went online today, went to my cruises, brought two of my bookings up, paid a portion on them both , no issues at all, maybe I'm just plain lucky...K.O.:)

Someone needs to post the e-mail address for the RCI PR department or the complaints department on here so all of these people can let them know how unacceptable this is.

The phone reps are pretty much caught in the middle and can't fix it.

This may help. :)

Does RCI read CC?

Went online today, went to my cruises, brought two of my bookings up, paid a portion on them both , no issues at all, maybe I'm just plain lucky...K.O.:)

Maybe....or maybe it just hasn't caught up with you yet....:eek:

I've had this happen to me twice and they have fixed it each time. They showed me how to log in now so I can check excursions,dining etc..

I do agree as big as Royal Caribbean is it's crazy their site is so messed up

How do you view your cruise price without going through my cruises?

Debbie

Maybe....or maybe it just hasn't caught up with you yet....:eek:

Just keep rolling those dice. :p

I'm wondering if all of these cruises with problems are from booking directly through RCCL or their web site? I book through a travel agent who uses CruisingPower's booking tool, and I've never had an issue with the My Cruises link.

However, I asked C&A's D+ desk this morning to check on a possible upgrade, and she had to log out of my reservation to see the correct new price for the possible upgrade.

I am thinking it's their direct booking tool that's got the glitch, not reservations through CruisingPower.

People have reported the same issue on reservation's made through TA's. No matter how the reservation is made it is possible to have the issue.

Someone needs to post the e-mail address for the RCI PR department or the complaints department on here so all of these people can let them know how unacceptable this is.

The phone reps are pretty much caught in the middle and can't fix it.

This may help. :)

Does RCI read CC?

Good idea!! Sharing helps us, but the real help will come when RCI hears it directly from each of us.

This is pretty scary and upsetting. I have 3 cabins booked for Thanksgiving week and have been using the "my cruise" link almost daily to add excursions, dining and drink packages. So far so good, but really hate having one more thing to worry about. :eek: Shame on RCCL IT dept for not correcting or disabling the link.

Yep……issues…..issues….issues. Mine 6 cabins are booked thru a TA and 2 of the 6 cabins now have issues. Seems that RCI's system is somehow REMOVING discounts. CRAZY!!!!! :eek: Wait time to fix this at least 20mins on hold :mad: We leave in 2 weeks!! 30NOV sailing on FOS.

Edited by 2thesea

Same thing happened to me twice. Paid off March cruise, got the 0 balance due confirmation, next day went in to add wine tasting, said I owe $672.00. Called, they transferred to resolutions, corrected, sent another 0 balance confirmation. But now instead of the wine tasting showing up, says me and my 35 year old daughter are signed up for THE BARBIE EXPERIENCE!!! I will need all of the wine I can find after that experience!! If they don't want us going into my cruises, then they should remove that option until it is fixed. I am afraid to do anything else online because I don't want December to come around and they cancel my cruise because of the system showing a balance! Guess I will have to dig out my daughters old Barbies from the attic so we can bring them along with us....or just correct when we get on board.

Can we log in at all? We usually log in to check our points.

If "My Cruises" is that glitchy, they should remove it. But, I guess it makes them money with those people that don't save their receipts.

We book with a TA and had our cruise repriced after the TA added OBC. My TA received a fax at 11:53 pm on a Friday night 2 weeks before our cruise in Sept. Fax just said our cruise had been canceled due to nonpayment (cruise had been paid in full for 3 months). She immediately called RCCL and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone was told all was OK and correct. The next morning she decided to check the reservation and it again showed a balance due. Ended up taking 2 1/2 days to finally get everything straight. Also, since RCCL had canceled our cruise, without any warning, our cabin had gone back into inventory, fortunately I have a very sharp TA and she immediately grabbed our coveted deck 7 corner aft and got it back.

So, no one is safe from this "glitch". Very disturbing that rccl doesn't seem to be doing anything about this problem.

Dealing with them via phone right now. (Call so far has been 30 minutes.)

Agent understands my situation. I told her I DID click on the 'My Cruises' link at the top of the page. Basically our cruise went UP $388. I hade just this last Friday made the booking and paid in full and have the Booking Confirmation showing a ZERO balance. Now...on Line, it show $388 balance. I pressed her on the my cruises issue and she confirmed that there were a number of guests having problems. She indicated that their IT department is doing maintenance on one of their web sites and hopefully that will help/fix the issue. (Maybe the are the ones that did the Affordable Care Act web site...LOL)

I guess checking is a good idea but I would, for the time being, refer to POST #30 for how to check and not risk botching up your price.

...So, no one is safe from this "glitch". Very disturbing that rccl doesn't seem to be doing anything about this problem.

It is hard to understand why Royal won't fix a system that keeps raising prices.:rolleyes:

We book with a TA and had our cruise repriced after the TA added OBC. My TA received a fax at 11:53 pm on a Friday night 2 weeks before our cruise in Sept. Fax just said our cruise had been canceled due to nonpayment (cruise had been paid in full for 3 months). She immediately called RCCL and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone was told all was OK and correct. The next morning she decided to check the reservation and it again showed a balance due. Ended up taking 2 1/2 days to finally get everything straight. Also, since RCCL had canceled our cruise, without any warning, our cabin had gone back into inventory, fortunately I have a very sharp TA and she immediately grabbed our coveted deck 7 corner aft and got it back.

So, no one is safe from this "glitch". Very disturbing that rccl doesn't seem to be doing anything about this problem.

Thanks. That is a little disturbing....since the customer wouldn't even know there is an issue.

How do you view your cruise price without going through my cruises?

Debbie

Go to Royal's home page and click on "Countdown to Cruise" at the bottom of the page.

When I do this I don't see any pricing at all on my reservations...am I missing something? The only way I see prices is thru My Cruises...

When I do this I don't see any pricing at all on my reservations...am I missing something? The only way I see prices is thru My Cruises...

I don't see any pricing at all on the RCI website. Not through My Countdown, not through My Cruises. All I have is confirmation email that I received after booking which lists cruise, stateroom, price, deposit, and balance due.

That is the 'work around'. It appears you no longer can safely see your prices until they get this glitch fixed. I am wondering though if this issue only happens for bookings done by phone with RCI. I have never had this issue when I book directly online.

Anyone can corroborate that theory?