Eclipse Questions ? Ask Andy !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing on Celebrity Eclipse on Sunday, and can't wait to be onboard this beautiful ship once again, for 2 weeks in the Caribbean. If you have any questions about the ship, please post your questions on this thread. As always, I will try my very best to obtain answers.

I also plan to post updates from the ship on here, and on Twitter - as long as the internet cooperates. I hope you'll follow me. Thanks very much !

Hi Andy,

We just got off Silhouette, and the Suite Concierge told a RS traveler who was dining with us in Blu that once the new suite dining room opens in April, suite guests will no longer be allowed to eat in Blu.

There's some controversy as the FAQ's on the new suite dining room issued 6 months ago says suite pax can dine in Blu on a space available basis. The above contradicts this. It would be great to find out what their take on this issue is on Eclipse.

Thanks, and enjoy your cruise.

Hi Andy,

Where will the suite dining room be- will it be converted from a section of Select dining on deck 5?

Also, will the Gastro pub be converted from Cellar Masters at the dry dock at the end of the Caribbean season (April 2015)

I hope your embarkation won't be delayed by a lengthy disembarkation process in Miami, effecting those that have been on the TA. Surely this should be speeded up as the passengers have already done the initial immigration after the TA.

Edited by upwarduk

Jack and I look forward to seeing you and your family onboard again in 4 days. My question for you is do you want me to post the Who's Onboard (officers, entertainment, Captain's Club host(ess)) for the Eclipse Nov. 23rd cruise to save you time? If so, I'll do it while we are on the Eclipse as opposed to after the cruise. I'll let you know onboard if there are questions I can answer to help save you some time.

Kathy

Would love to know if Perry Grant will still be on board in April for the transatlantic and if he is does he have any idea where he will be playing since Cellar Masters will be converted to Gastro Pub by then.

Thanks! AND HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!!!!:)

Hi Andy,

Where will the suite dining room be- will it be converted from a section of Select dining on deck 5?

Also, will the Gastro pub be converted from Cellar Masters at the dry dock at the end of the Caribbean season (April 2015)

I hope your embarkation won't be delayed by a lengthy disembarkation process in Miami, effecting those that have been on the TA. Surely this should be speeded up as the passengers have already done the initial immigration after the TA.

Hi UpwardUk,

I can tackle those questions now. The Suite Dining room should be located on Deck 4 port side. Per the Celebrity FAQ, the Suite Dining Room and Gastropub are scheduled to debut on Eclipse's April 12, 2015 sailing. For additional information, please click HERE.

I hope the embarkation in Miami won't be terrible, as it's one of the very few things that makes Mom very upset, when it doesn't go well. At any rate, I'm keeping my expectations low, and hoping for the best :)

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Would love to know if Perry Grant will still be on board in April for the transatlantic and if he is does he have any idea where he will be playing since Cellar Masters will be converted to Gastro Pub by then.

Thanks! AND HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!!!!:)

Hi Gracie115,

Thanks for your kind comments. I will be happy to ask Perry for an updated schedule. I'm also very curious to know what venue will be Perry's new home, after Cellar Masters is removed. I'm a tiny bit skeptical on an acceptable venue, as the prime locations will be taken. Perhaps the disco ? It's usually deserted on the long Caribbean sailings. Let's hope Celebrity has a plan.

Jack and I look forward to seeing you and your family onboard again in 4 days. My question for you is do you want me to post the Who's Onboard (officers, entertainment, Captain's Club host(ess)) for the Eclipse Nov. 23rd cruise to save you time? If so, I'll do it while we are on the Eclipse as opposed to after the cruise. I'll let you know onboard if there are questions I can answer to help save you some time.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jack again ! Unfortunately, my Uncle took ill this week, and had to cancel. We're so disappointed that he and his DW won't be joining us.

Getting back to your question, I will post the "Who's Onboard, on this thread (or my live from thread) and, on the "Who's Onboard" thread. As for any other questions, we'll chat about it when I see you at the sailaway or meet and mingle.

See you on Sunday !

Hope your voyage goes well! My wife and I are sailing on the January 4, 2015 voyage. It will be the first time for us to take a 2 week cruise. We are really looking forward to it. Any tips on how to manage a 14 day cruise vs. a 7 day cruise will be appreciated. Thanks. Bob and Linda

Hope your voyage goes well! My wife and I are sailing on the January 4, 2015 voyage. It will be the first time for us to take a 2 week cruise. We are really looking forward to it. Any tips on how to manage a 14 day cruise vs. a 7 day cruise will be appreciated. Thanks. Bob and Linda

Hi Drychi,

We have no problems managing a 14 day sailing. I think I could be on a cruise ship for at least a month, but we haven't tried that yet. A 30 day back to back Panama Canal sailing is on my dream list - though it may have to wait for when I retire. My clients would be really upset, if I was away for 30 days.

Are you planning on shore excursions ? We stay on the ship most all the time, but most guests love visiting the ports. My best advice is to get to know the ship well, and get to know the crew. They are absolutely wonderful, and can offer great advice. Try not to stress yourself with the small stuff. Enjoy the ship, and everything it has to offer. I work crazy hours - 18-20 hour days and weekends. For me, it's all about relaxation, enjoying the ship, entertainment, and the excellent cuisine. I also enjoy chatting with the crew and my dear cruise critic friends - Meeting old friends, and making new ones ! That's my happiness.

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise in January !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy

We will be interested to hear if Miami is any better than Port Everglades for disembarking. Embarkation is usually fine unless you have to be first on the ship. The only bad one we have had is in Vancouver due to US Customs.

We have to wait until March for our next visit to the Eclipse.

Gordon

Hi Kathy,

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jack again ! Unfortunately, my Uncle took ill this week, and had to cancel. We're so disappointed that he and his DW won't be joining us.

Getting back to your question, I will post the "Who's Onboard, on this thread (or my live from thread) and, on the "Who's Onboard" thread. As for any other questions, we'll chat about it when I see you at the sailaway or meet and mingle.

See you on Sunday !

Andy,

I hope your uncle recovers soon. Too bad he and his lovely wife would not be joining you and Mom on this cruise. I am sure they will be missed by everyone at Perry's place. Wishing you a very nice cruise and Happy Thanksgiving.

Can't wait to read your report.

Isabella

Edited by ISABELLA

Andy

Can you find out if there will be any plans to replace the Hot Glass show with the LCG? We just got off Reflection and ate at LCG three times it was so good.

This was posted by Celebrity Cruises official back in May of this year:

May 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM

Celebrity Cruises's

"Official"

Hi all,

We currently have no plans to remove our Hot Glass shows.

Hopefully this statement will still be true when the Eclipse undergoes her "update" in April of 2015.

Host Andy, so the new suite dining room will be adjacent to the MDR, as well as Blu. Is the new dining room going to be taking space from Blu, or is it a space that had some other use previously? We will be on Summit in April and that is the same area as on Eclipse, I believe.

Host Andy' date=' so the new suite dining room will be adjacent to the MDR, as well as Blu. Is the new dining room going to be taking space from Blu, or is it a space that had some other use previously? We will be on Summit in April and that is the same area as on Eclipse, I believe.[/quote']

Hi George's Gal,

On the Solstice Class ships, the Suite Dining room will not be located adjacent to BLU, as BLU is located on Deck 5 aft. On the M-Class ships, the Suite Dining is scheduled to be located on Deck 4 port side. Either way, it should not affect BLU.

Hope this helps !

Hi, Andy

Counting the minutes till Sunday's embarkation and the ship. Looking forward to meeting you and your Mom, as well as many others from our very active roll call. So sorry to hear about your Uncle and his wife being unable to come, tho.

See you soon,

Gail

Diamond Diva

Hi Andy,

What a coincidence that you'll be disembarking the same day we board.

We've made the switch from Azamara and will be happy to enjoy a balcony room on Eclipse for less than half what we would have spent on Azamara. We're looking forward to seeing Sue Denning again.

Hope you have a great time.

Toni

Hi Andy,

What a coincidence that you'll be disembarking the same day we board.

We've made the switch from Azamara and will be happy to enjoy a balcony room on Eclipse for less than half what we would have spent on Azamara. We're looking forward to seeing Sue Denning again.

Hope you have a great time.

Toni

Hi Toni,

Thanks for your kind comments. Sorry that we aren't sailing together. Unfortunately, unless something changes last minute, Sue Denning will not be onboard your sailing. She's going on vacation at the end of the current Transatlantic sailing. I'm expecting Ben Powney to take over for Sue. Ben is excellent too, but we will miss Sue. Hope she has a great vacation.

Have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Toni,

Thanks for your kind comments. Sorry that we aren't sailing together. Unfortunately, unless something changes last minute, Sue Denning will not be onboard your sailing. She's going on vacation at the end of the current Transatlantic sailing. I'm expecting Ben Powney to take over for Sue. Ben is excellent too, but we will miss Sue. Hope she has a great vacation.

Have a wonderful cruise !

If you get a chance could you post a current included room service menu?

Saw one on a recent thread and it seemed to state a lot of items I would have thought would be extra charge?!

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Hi Host Andy!

Sorry to hear that your Uncle is ill and will miss the cruise. :(

I wondered if you might swing by the future cruise desk and say hi to Bruce? Maybe see if he is going to be on board for the Jan 4th sailing? We have had the pleasure of sailing with Bruce on two other occasions. Once when he was at guest services and then in 2012 we sailed with him on the Millie ( Sydney to Singapore)where he was Captain's Club host. Would be lovely to see him again!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a lovely Thanksgiving!

Hi Andy

We will be travelling on January 4th and would like to have the wine list if possible.

We are in Aqua class...is it much different than Concierge?

Would like to know if any of the ports have transport available (golf cart etc) when getting off the ship.

I am sure you will have a great cruise.