Legend of the Seas

Spent 10 days March 2014 doing Southern Caribbean route. Search my name for a photo review. Any questions in particular just ask. It was a very good cruise overall, the ship in fine condition, and a bit more sedate than what you will get on a 7 day / megaship.

Would love to hear about this ship. We are going on a cruise in March on LOTS and would like to know what to expect good and bad from people who have sailed her recently.

Thanks.....Sharon:D

Hey Sharon! I'm on this sailing too and never sailed on this class before (Legend & Splendour are a little different than the rest of the Vision Class ships) so I'm looking fwd to it also :D. Click on the link above this forum for various posts/reviews/etc on the Legend

Have you joined our Roll Call? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1831247

and signed up for the Meet & Mingle? https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

I believe I heard this is one of Royal's most traveled ships? I was dying to go on it for the Canada cruise that included Newfoundland, but wasn't in the cards this year.

Yes, most travelled, and the fastest, along with Splendour.

On the Legend 3 times this year. Nice ship, good crew. Only issues I found were cabins near the Centrum were noisy when special parties('60's, '70's etc.) were held. Also, Windjammer(which is in front of ship) and theater(late show for early seating guests) get crowded.

We enjoyed the intimacy of a smaller ship. Have another cruise on her in February.

I know I didn't sail on the Legend recently. I sailed on her back in 09 on a 12 day Eastern Med cruise and it was one of my favorite ships in the RCI fleet. I have sailed on Allure, Explorer, and the old Sovereign and I liked the Legend's layout and the connection with the sea. Many public rooms have oversized windows which provide a great atmosphere. I am sure she is great with all the refurbishments done. I love new ships and I am going on Quantum tomorrow but I find I have more enjoyable cruises on the smaller ships.

Only negative with the Legend is the cabins are a bit smaller than what is out today. I had an inside Q cabin and it was "cozy". I think it was 130sq ft compare that with other ships whose inside cabins are 150-170.

Edited by nycruiser80

• 1 month later...

For a smaller ship she is great ! The bar service and staffing is not so good. We just off Christmas and New Year.

Viking crown Bar outstanding service but pool bar oh dear.

Anything you need to know just ask.

Stu k

Sharon, hoops and going2thesun, PLEASE, pretty with sugar on it.

Come back and post a review with some details. Leaving in May for 10 day to Hawaii, 6, count 'em sea days...need to know all the nitty gritty.

And thx Bob for that link!

Edited by BecciBoo

If the do the beef with goats cheese and leek pie ( almost a Quiche) very very nice. Quiche and gravy who knew lol. TT and cruise director brilliant.

Just really the bar service slow. Anchors away busy with one bar tender.

Have a great cruise!

Stu K